z

Young Writers Society

Blood and Chocolate

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:50 am
Night Mistress says...

I just saw the movie and i must say that i was empress with it. Now all i have to do is read the book.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:36 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

My mama read it, because it's got such a cool title, and was disappointed. Just a warning. We're gonna see the movie as soon as the library gets it.
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:48 pm
Insane Book Geek says...

I loved the Blood and Chocolate book. Haven't seen the movie yet, even though its like a year old now. Did it the pagan like subtones?
'A lovely treason, hmm?' - Stargirl

Music is my oxygen; headphones are my lifeline.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 am
Tessitore says...

Anyone that has read Blood and Chocolate the book will be quite sadly disappointed in the movie. In fact, pretend it is not Blood and Chocolate. Pretend it is just another teenage werewolf movie with pretty effects. It'll let you sleep better.

...blasted Hollywood...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:41 am
coryab222 says...

I completely agree with Tessitore. I read the book, loved it, ran to the movie store, watched the movie, hated it. I was exceptionally disappointed. It was hardly the same story line at all.
How hard can it be to just let go and drift away with the wind?

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 am
October Girl says...

ooooh nice choice I'm in love with both of them they're totally awesome!!! We own the book and the movie so it's kind of hard to tell another really good book by the author is called THE SILVER KISS a must read!!!

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 am
October Girl says...

ooooh nice choice I'm in love with both of them they're totally awesome!!! We own the book and the movie so it's kind of hard to tell another really good book by the author is called THE SILVER KISS a must read!!!

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 pm
Werewolf says...

TERRIBLE!!!
Ok sorry. But I read the book before the movie and the movie was...I was about to cry. The movie itself, wasn't that bad, the compared to the book.
Horrible.
The only corparison between the book and movie is the names and the werewolf part. Nothing else. Seriously. What werethey thinking?!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 pm
spiritblackwolf2705 says...

I LOVED the book but the movie was okay. The movie wasn't that bad but it had so much more potential. If they had taken more details from the book and put them into the movie it would have been a lot better.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:45 am
Clo says...

I really didn't like the book at all. I just didn't like Viv, or whatever her name was.

But the same author wrote The Silver Kiss?! I had no idea! I liked that book. Bizarre though, for a vampire book...
How am I not myself?

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:41 pm
Thais says...

I saw the movie and really liked it! But now I hear it was horrible compared to the book. Anyone know how long the book is? I'd love to pick it up one day *cough* as soon as I finish my long list of summer reading *cough*

^_-

Reviews: 4
Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 am
Cannibal Queen says...

I saw the movie, then read the book, and I liked both of them. But they definitely don't come as a package deal.

Blood and Chocolate is good as another teenage werewolf book -- probably better -- but Blood and Chocolate isn't bad as another teenage werewolf movie, either, I don't think. But the downside is that the only thing relating the two is the names of the two main characters. And even then, movie Aiden hardly resembles book Aiden!

Hollywood disappointed me, not the book or the movie.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:36 pm
xxfourthelement says...

The book was massively, massively amazing. For once, it wasn't the same, same, same old werewolf story. I was kind of fascinated by the idea that they could have been alien life forms.

Never saw the movie, but it probably took out the alien thing, since only so much fits into a movie and the alien thing was mostly within Vivian's thought processes.

If you liked this story, try some of the vampire stuff by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Her first vamp novel, Forests of the Night, was published when she was only 14 or so.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm
Lilith says...

I have to say, I loved the book. But the movie just upset me. I mean, for goodness sakes, the ending is the exact opposite of what happened and everything occurs in a different country. Why would they do that? Honestly.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell