z

Young Writers Society

Eurovision Song Contest 2008

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat May 31, 2008 11:42 pm
idle muse says...

Didn't like one island off of Italy give us some points? So at least one country doesn't hate us! :)
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 pm
Demeter says...

Finland would've gotten much more points if they hadn't sung in Finnish! (Or, then again, maybe not.)

I thought UK's song was pretty cool :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm
-Save-Ferris- says...

Aww that was the funniest night of my life!

The old Croatian guys!

And other various absoulutely hilarious things. Like the Spanish guy. That rocked.

I LOLed when I found out Britain was last ;)
We don't deserve any more :P

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:03 pm
Lynlyn says...

We don't get coverage in the US (big surprise there) unless they air it on BBC America and I missed it or something, but I always watch the clips on Youtube because, for the most part, I find them pretty hysterical.

UK's entry was not as bad this year - the one with the school girls or whatever a couple years ago was terrible. This one at least had a melody.

Ukraine... I found that one funny because the girl was dancing around what looked like four guys trapped in refrigerators behind glass.

Can someone explain Spain's entry? That one went totally over my head. I've been told it's funny if you can understand the words, but why enter something so inaccessible in an international contest? I don't know, I didn't find it that amusing.

EDIT: I found a subtitled version and it *sort of* makes sense now.

Armenia's was at least catchy... :? Personally, the last time I heard a really good song come out of Eurovision was 1974. (On that note, some of the entries are still taking fashion cues from that year.)
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney