z

Young Writers Society

DREAMS!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:20 pm
Sureal says...

To learn to LD takes different lengths of time for different people. Some can do it in a couple of days, whilst for it other it may take months (though they still say it's worth all the effort they put in).
It took me two weeks.

For the most part, it depends on the amount of effort you put in.

To learn to share a dream - I dunno. Like I said, it's never been proved and only a few people claim to have done it. I guess you could do it from yer first LD...

EDIT: Here's a link with some accounts of shared dreams: http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10238
I wrote the above just for you.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:36 pm
niteowl says...

Ok this is kind of random but still dream-related...Is it "normal" to dream in color? Most of my dreams (at least the ones I actually remember) are in vivid, realistic color. And often in very realistic beckground too, like my school, but there's something wrong, like the doors or classrooms are in the wrong place, or (yes this was an actual dream) they're serving alcohol in the hallway like it's normal.

Ok...I should shut up now.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:37 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

All of my dreams are in normal colour, as far as I know. And things get moved around all the time-once my school was next door to the shopping centre, instead of a twenty minute walk from it.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:21 pm
Sureal says...

niteowl: All of that is perfectly normal :).
I wrote the above just for you.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:51 pm
Zion says...

But always when I create my "playground" I have to reshape it again, it needs my daliy care. It always chaning and evloving. I start it, and then it grows, more and more.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:45 am
niteowl says...

I suppose I should say why I bothered asking. I remember reading somewhere that most people see their dreams in black and white. Which makes no sense. I mean, wouldn't that tip us off right away that we're dreaming?

BTW I signed up on the ld4all forum. I haven't really figured out my way around yet, but you'll see me soon, hopefully. Same username there, of course.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:33 pm
little x soldier says...

I don't really sleep properly. I sleep in a almost sit position. The most time I can't sleep and start telling myself stories and then it keeps on like that. But i don't know if I control it or not. It's strange so I don't know when I'm dreaming or LD. Sometimes I think I stay the whole night up just of my story or because i hold to much anger in and keep scolding myself. !that's me! next morning I get my rest. !that's why I have problems with my mom! She thinks it's not normal. And I keep refreshing my dreams. Mostly I get the same image over and over again. DEJAVU.. I guess. something like it. Sometimes I stare and it looks like I have seen the image somewhere before maybe in my dreams. An example. I had a story going on (in my dreams I guess) and when I heard about Hide and Seek my whole story kept on playing in my mind. And they keep on continuing in dreams.
I don't really get bothered by them because it's all I got and left to do in my bed. lol ha ha
hugs xxx little x soldier xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:58 am
Crysi says...

I had my first REAL LD about a week ago. I had been thinking about it a lot, so I think that helped me. I was in this really strangely-colored dream that looked like it was a cartoon.. and I knew I was dreaming. So I jumped up onto this platform and tried to fly, but it failed and I "woke up" - into another dream. It was strange.

I'll have to work on it. :)
Love and Light

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:36 am
Perra says...

The only time I remember where I knew I was dreaming was in fourth or fifth grade and I was about to be sick. My dream was like an old black-and-white movie with cowboys and indians and time travel. It was so bad and boring I was screaming at myself to wake up. And I did wake up about three times, and everytime I fell back to sleep my dream picked back up. Finaly I woke up and, well, got sick. That's the only dream I've had in black and white. I couldn't control it, though. I've never controlled my dreams. I don't think I really want to. Maybe every once in a while, but I'd rather see where my subconscious takes me. A few nights ago it took me to what was supposed to be Britain. It was beautiful. The weather was nice, some of the trees were blooming. It's also given me the idea for two stories. And it's interesting to see a rainbow ostrich and a spiral stairway for a mansion in my school.

I have a question. Is it normal to feel things in your dreams? Like, something hurting you? It's happened to me a bit. Last night I was hit by a car that was in neutral and being pushed by the parents of a girl stealing something of mine. Kinda stung. I think I might just be confusing "Dreams can never hurt you."
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:10 am
niteowl says...

I had a dream. Too bad I can't even remember that I was dreaming. Maybe I woke up in the wrong stage. About when in the 6-8 range do you to wake yourself up to be in REM? I'd like to remember my dreams more often before working on lucidity because on the ld4all forum it says you need to remember at least one dream a night before even trying to become lucid.

<YWS><R1>

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:10 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Once I dreamt that I was dreaming...
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble