z

Young Writers Society

Writer's Block

Reviews: 3
Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:54 pm
Eric511 says...

Well in one of my stories, I have had some writer's block. I need help thinking of a crime my main character can commit. The story takes place in medieval times and he is a military general. Highly respected. In the first chapter his trial goes through, but the crime isn't introduced until chapter 2 in a flashback that tells him doing the crime. The main character is not a bad person so i don't want the crime to be too bad yet it has to be bad enough for him to be banished. I can't think of a crime he can commit

Please help :(

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:16 am
Wolf says...

HHmmm...Writer's Block is really annoying. >.<
I have writer's block for my Ayra story, but to wait it out, I'm making profiles and such. You could try that, but I'm not sure how much it'll help.
Anyways. The crime.
Two things came to mind as I read your dilemma:
One; he didn't commit it. He was convicted because of someone else's crime. But that's cliched. [s]Scratch[/s] that idea then.
Two; he committed one of those weird crimes where there's a violation of some ancient, shunned law. I'm not sure which one though. There are many. You should do some research to see what laws they had in Medieval times.
Oh! I have another weird idea...
What gods/goddesses do you people believe in? Do they believe in any at all? If so, maybe say that he was possessed (or something like that) by demons (something of the sort) and that was what led him to commit the crime.

Anyways, I'm not sure how much that helped, but oh well. >.<
Narffles,
Ayra :P (In a siiilllly mood).
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:21 am
Gwenevire says...

Hmm...
Well maybe he could go into the forbidden chamber and kiss the crystal princess and bring her to life! XD
I dono just some random idea!
I am a bit crazy! Jajajajahahahjajajhahah

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 am
Eric511 says...

I am just at a complete block right now and can't think of anything. I would just skip this part and start writing others in my story, but this is really important for the next few chapters.

My story isn't quite common with king's and other royalty because outside the city walls are just miles of dessert.

Unfortunately since in my story there aren't many places to live being in the dessert and all, the city they are in is very diverse and have no specific religion. in the beginning i described the people feeling abandoned by their gods because of the hardships they go through.

I kind of backed myself into a corner here.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:05 am
Eric511 says...

Hey I think i have an idea. My Main character in the confusion of a battle, accidentally killed the king's son while he was fighting, but others swear he did it out of malice. I will have to expand on this, but what do you guys think of the idea?

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt