z

Young Writers Society

Fresh New Writer in our Midst

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:04 pm
Rincewind says...

Hey,
I was just told to come to this site and post a bunch of my stuff to see what REAL people think of it.
I'm going to university this coming year for creative writing and I am halfway through writing the first of many young adult novels I plan to churn out this term.
I write a lot of different things though, the other most credible piece I am working on is a cowboy western with a supernatural twist as it deals with the first battle against the devil, and the creation of heaven.

Umm, other than that what is to say.
From my name, I am sure it is evident I like Terry Pratchett a lot.
I am Canadian, and a 19 year old english student who recieved honours and the highest mark in english in my highschool. (97) I also earned a couple hundred bucks which i follheartedly spent on drugs.

Hope I can settle down here, and meet some fellow writers who know a thing or two about this craft we are all so infatuated with.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:06 pm
Sponson Light says...

You! Welcome!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:13 pm
Fool says...

Welcome to YWS! *gives low sweeping bow"......."hits head of keyboard"....."mutters unprintable things to herself"

Hello, I'm the Fool, welcome to the site, *insert greeting here.*

There's certainly plently of writers here to give you a hand, feel free to PM me if you need anything.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:16 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hello there!

Around here people just call me Mesh (aka my first name is far to common to bother with).

I think we all know something about writing (in my case enough to be dangerous), some more than others.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any member of Big Brother. I hope to see some of your work soon!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:20 pm
Kay Kay says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm Kay Kay and I hope you have fun here!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:32 am
Armadian says...

Hallo and welcome to the yws.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:37 am
Elizabeth says...

yay glad to be a friend of you now *cheers*

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:42 pm
niteowl says...

I'm Niteowl, The Official Gift-Giver. *dramatic announcer's voice* Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's your gift! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:14 pm
Rincewind says...

Thank ya big big.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg