z

Young Writers Society

Who is writing a book?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:35 am
WoodElfArya says...

hi, I'm Arya. Who's writing a book? I am. Actually I'm writing 3. Three novels, and then more short stories.
Navaer mellon nins!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:05 am
niteowl says...

Wow I can't stay concentrated on one book very long. Never gotten past the first chapter.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! Here is your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:00 am
Shadow Knight says...

I'm writing a novel, i just can never be bothered to write much, you'll find a bit of it in the fantasy section, it's called The Wanderings.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:06 am
Crysi says...

I'm writing a novel.. maybe even a trilogy. You'll find it in the Fantasy section - Chronicles of Taer. There are two threads, one is the first chapter and one is the prologue through the second chapter (I think lol). It's going VERY slowly. I've been working on it now for 7 months (omg..) and I only have.. four chapters, including the prologue. Sad, huh? I'm sure it'll go faster once I get into more interesting parts..
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:22 am
Elelel says...

I'm writing a book (one day it will be one too, I promise myself everyday). So far, it's title is "my Story" (creative, huh?) due to me being incapable of inventing titles for some unknown reason. I've done more chapters than Crysi *does dance* but not many. I think I'm on chapter 5 ... wait ... yes, 5. Sorry, mental blank for a moment there. And I have done a prologue, but I'm considering making an alternate prologue to use, and pushing that prologue (can be found on this board) into chapter 1 ... hmmm ... still thinking over that. Anyway, it's 45 pages in size 12 and font Book Antiqua (I've found each chapter is longer than the last, usless fact) longer in Courier New (or whatever that one is you use for manuscripts...) not sure how much longer though, couple of pages probably. I have many notebooks on worldbuilding (which one of my friends thinks holds some mysterious secrets since I won't let them look in my school one, and they are forever trying to steal it) and I think it will be in a series of about four or five or three... (well I'm not sure yet, alright?)

Anyway ... wasn't that a load of boring information?

And isn't it loverly to have a thread that bears relevence to writing? You know, somewhere people can talk about writing.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:23 am
Elelel says...

PS WELCOME!!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

594 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:44 am
Crysi says...

Éloeré wrote:I'm writing a book (one day it will be one too, I promise myself everyday). So far, it's title is "my Story" (creative, huh?) due to me being incapable of inventing titles for some unknown reason. I've done more chapters than Crysi *does dance* but not many. I think I'm on chapter 5 ... wait ... yes, 5. Sorry, mental blank for a moment there. And I have done a prologue, but I'm considering making an alternate prologue to use, and pushing that prologue (can be found on this board) into chapter 1 ... hmmm ... still thinking over that. Anyway, it's 45 pages in size 12 and font Book Antiqua (I've found each chapter is longer than the last, usless fact) longer in Courier New (or whatever that one is you use for manuscripts...) not sure how much longer though, couple of pages probably. I have many notebooks on worldbuilding (which one of my friends thinks holds some mysterious secrets since I won't let them look in my school one, and they are forever trying to steal it) and I think it will be in a series of about four or five or three... (well I'm not sure yet, alright?)

Anyway ... wasn't that a load of boring information?

And isn't it loverly to have a thread that bears relevence to writing? You know, somewhere people can talk about writing.

*is extremely jealous* :P
Love and Light

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:17 am
Shadow Knight says...

2 years, 27 pages, font size 16, book antiqua. *Is extremely jealous*
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:52 pm
Nai says...

Crysi wrote:It's going VERY slowly. I've been working on it now for 7 months (omg..) and I only have.. four chapters, including the prologue. Sad, huh? I'm sure it'll go faster once I get into more interesting parts..

Don't worry about that Crysi... The book i'm working on... 3 years, 20 pages...didn't like it so I restarted. So far i've only written a 3-page prologue.

Whoever says that a week long writer's block is bad...doesn't even know what a writer's block is.

Or maybe it's just plain laziness.
OR I could be procrastinating.<--::gives thumbs up to Nate::

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:28 pm
Supermal says...

Hello. I'm writing a book right now, quite literally. I'm going between writing and YWS. I've just started the 3rd chapter, (approximately) on page 18.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:25 pm
Rei says...

Novel writing is hard. It does take a lot of patience. But the thing to do is not to try to hard. If you tell yourself, I'm going to write a novel, it could put a lot of pressure on you and make it a whole lot harder. The best thing to do is to just write a story and not worry abour chapters or length. The thing my mother, also a writer, once told me that changed the way I write forever was, "It ends when it ends." You can't force something to be a novel or a trilogy unless you do a lot of planning, or have a very clear image as to what those three parts of the book will be. Remember, Tolkien didn't mean to write a trilogy. It was only done in that form because at the time to put a book as long as his into one volume would have been impossible because they would have had to price it so high that nobody would have bought it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm
legondre says...

I completely agree with you Reichieru. My story, which is named, "Legondre," is only about 47 pages. I've been writing it for about 9 months now, it's sad how my progress is very little. However, you can't force writing, you have to flow with it. My mind is totally blank on ideas right now, I guess you could say I'm writer's block. So for now, I'm just revising everything and adding more detail to others. Writing takes TIME, something we all have, you just have to use it wisely ;)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:14 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I always write 3 at one time so that if I get writer's block on one I can concentrate on the others, the worst is when you have it for all of them lol. My longest story is called Changes and it's over 105,000 words (Don't know how many pages that is heh...think it's roughly 150 on A4) and I'm working on one called Where I Belong that I started in yr10 and that was like 2yrs ago and I'm the 6th version lol.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:49 pm
Sam says...

my story that i finished was...erm...*checks*

34,482 words, 105 pages.

So....if the 11 year old can do it...lol
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

594 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:23 pm
Crysi says...

Reichieru wrote:Novel writing is hard. It does take a lot of patience. But the thing to do is not to try to hard. If you tell yourself, I'm going to write a novel, it could put a lot of pressure on you and make it a whole lot harder. The best thing to do is to just write a story and not worry abour chapters or length. The thing my mother, also a writer, once told me that changed the way I write forever was, "It ends when it ends." You can't force something to be a novel or a trilogy unless you do a lot of planning, or have a very clear image as to what those three parts of the book will be. Remember, Tolkien didn't mean to write a trilogy. It was only done in that form because at the time to put a book as long as his into one volume would have been impossible because they would have had to price it so high that nobody would have bought it.

That's true. I had an awful dream the other night, where my story ended up just being five chapters. I'm sorry, but I know I have a LOT more to tell than five chapters!

And I've DECIDED on a trilogy, because I know there's more to tell. A lot more to tell. I'll be switching perspectives, but the story will continue on. It's not like I'm writing the same story from different POVs.. I want to move on! And I feel the need to explain what happens after the war has "ended".. So I'm not forcing it. I never even wanted to write a trilogy - too much work. But hey, if the story wants to be a trilogy, I'll let it be a trilogy.
Love and Light

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung