z

Young Writers Society

The Pixie Girl

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:57 pm
Zion says...

LOl I thought I was the only one around. Well I dont belive I have a fairie ancestory, but I have been told I have unique features, and yeah, when I debate, people think im like 40 or something. Im macedonian btw, so debatingin english might prove a bit of a challenge for me. Also my family was living (and the village) is in a forest, well in the begging of a forest, also my grandma has sort of "druidic powers" even though shes a chrisitan. Btw from always I loved the forest, nature and its denizens.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:02 pm
Nai says...

Snoink wrote:*bows* Yes, I remember you. This strange bio with the frequent interuptions explains about you too.

All I know for certain is the Easter Bunny is real. I've seen him and his footprints around. Thus my strong belief for Christianity -- if the Easter Bunny is real then Christ must be real. So could fairies... hehehe... *keffkeff* But let's not go into that in depth. ;)

Shadow Knight: Grow up. :D

THAT is irony at it's best ladies and gentleman, if I have ever seen it.

True belief in the Easter Bunny and you are telling people to grow up.

Wow Snoink, wow.
Last edited by Nai on Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

94 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:07 pm
Zion says...

People chill, you are making fun of everyone on this topic
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:11 pm
Nai says...

And Rei I don't think you get my point...

People back then didn't know any better.

The beliefs that science has not proven wrong, some people cling desperately to because nothing else makes sense to them. That, or it is what they were taught to believe.

I admire your fervent belief and persistance but can't you see that your claim is a little dubious?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 am
Snoink says...

LOL!

No, not irony. Shadow Knight and I are friends. I just bug him whenever I can. ^___^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:14 pm
Rei says...

Woah, woah, woah. This is going way to far. It's gone from a fun discussion to a way-to-serious debate. Let me make a few things clear. Nobody taught me to believe in this stuff. I discovered it on my own in my own readings. I don't deny the reasons I chose to believe in this stuff. Partly as a protective barrier because a world without magic would have killed me before I started high school. But also because I never fit in anywhere else, and I do fit the description of a certain kind of fairy. You have to admit that the path I chose is far better than the path that most bully-victims chose. Suicide, drugs, cutting, or basically shutting down mentally and emotionally. The ironic thing is that the fantasy genre is generally labeled as escapism. But when I became as invested in that field as I have, the more connected the rest of the world I've become. Fantasy is not about escaping reality. It's about telling the truths of reality in the form of a metephor.

I've read books and watched programs about King Arthur and Robin Hood, trying to find the real history behind them. It's interesting to learn about that stuff. But think about this. Do we care whether or not Arthur was Welsh or a Briton or a Roman. Heck, he might not have been a king for that matter. Do we care if Robin Hood really existed, or who he was exactly if he did? Of course not. The truth doesn't make us enjoy the story any less. In fact, I think most if not all of us enjoy the story a lot more.

Finally, we all need something to believe in. The human side of things has offered me very little in that respect, and I never did belong in the faiths that most people practice, so this is what I have chosen. There's nothing wrong with believing in magic.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

94 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:02 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

Fantasy is a wonder of humanity. In the same way as sci fi is a marvel of technology fantasy holds the key to transendence of the human mind, and to grasp those meanings means to achieve enlgihtment. ;)

Immanuel Kant

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:02 pm
Rei says...

Mind saying that in simple English? I wish you guys would be this interested in my work. from now on, I think I'll just stay away from this topic.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

43 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:01 pm
Nai says...

Well, I think Arvy is saying:

Fantasy is unique. In the same way that Science-Fiction is a wonder of technology, Fantasy holds the key to breaking the limits of human thought. To understand what those things mean, is to win the ultimate knowledge.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

43 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:02 pm
Nai says...

Was what you said quoted from someone else Arvy?

If not, that could be a good quote.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

94 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:52 pm
Zion says...

Yes Nai, its good to know that The Scholars of Dawn (you and me lol ;) ) percieve the world in the highest excelence of expressing.

Immanuel Kant

43 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:56 pm
Nai says...

lol...Scholars of Dawn aye... nice
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

94 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:56 pm
Zion says...

:P :lol:

Immanuel Kant

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:05 am
Guest says...

And I thought I was the only person who thought they might have some ancestor as one of the fair folk...
I've always felt very close to nature and the more I read about elves...Hard to explain but one thing about elves is their constant feeling of almost not belonging. I really believe that I have some elven liniage no matter how far back.
And if you're going to criticize me about this then it's you who I pity: you've lost all the magic in your life. And that is a reason to be pitied.

94 Reviews

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:06 am
Zion says...

same thoughts as me Delo ;)

Immanuel Kant

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy