z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 am
000a300 says...

Good morrow everyone!
Pleased to meet you all.
My name is Dimitri, I'm a belgian expatriated in southern France, and this is your usual presentation of a new member!
Now that the name plate is filled, let me think of something to say...

I am basically here by accident, if I may say so without beign pollitically incorrect.
I am here thanks to a close friend of mine that get known here as Torwtag. Two days ago he wanted to show me his work, thus making me enter the gates of the website.
Since I thought this was an litterary upload station (if that makes any sense) and since I had written something, I though that I could slip in and... just upload anonymously.
And looks like I got spotted, so here I am!

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 am
Dreamy says...

Welcome to YWS! :)
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 am
View Likes
ThingBlue says...

Hello to everybody out there! So I just joined today and thought I'd introduce myself. If you didn't catch the name, I'm ThingBlue (but seriously, just Blue is fine.) I joined Young Writers' Society with my best friend, ThingRed, and we're both really excited to have found a site where we can meet other young writers and post our works. So far the site has been totally awesome and I can't wait to get involved in this community! :smt003

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am
Iggy says...

That's so cool! Matching usernames!

Welcome to YWS. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:04 pm
View Likes
ThingRed says...

Aloha YWSers! I'm ThingRed, obviously Blue's partner in crime, and I'm very excited to be joining this website for I have ideas bursting at the seams and can't wait to share them with everyone willing to listen, and see other peoples ideas as well. Thanks for the good greeting and have a fulfilling day! XD
People were created to be loved
Things were created to be used
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 pm
StoneHeart says...

WElcomE ;)
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 am
View Likes
221B says...

Hello everyone! I am called many things, but you may dub me as you wish. Officially, I am 221B on this site, but you don't have to call me that if you don't want to.

I mainly write short stories, FanFiction, and poetry, but I am going for my first full length novel currently. Hopefully that won't end up like my longer FanFictions... abandoned... and lost... eheh.

Anyway, I'm glad to be among so many talented writers and I hope I can get to know a few of you through your stories!

~ 221B

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 am
View Likes
SunsetSprite says...

Hi everyone!

I used to be @AwesomeSauce but I forgot my password so I needed to create a new account. ^^;

Anyway, I'm here to say hello! Please come and see my writings! ^^

Hey everybody!

((Okay, I'm not good at introductions towards new people.))
Reality is boring...Time to spice it up a little!

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Welcome @221B :D And cool username change, @SunsetSprite!
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:28 pm
KnightTeen says...

Welcome everyone!
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 pm
View Likes
Firsthorseman says...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and writing on as large a scale as I plan, but I'm gonna give it all a go! While being an atheist myself i have a deep interest in religion and theology, thus the idea for my book. Hope it interests you! :)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site, @Firsthorseman!
- Lewis Carroll

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:18 am
View Likes
mariaangelesjs says...

Hi! everyone , i'm an adictive reader and proffessional writer, i live in Argentina but speak english as good as spanish. Hope people like my works!
Greetings!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 am
Iggy says...

Welcome, @mariaangelesjs!

PM me, or any mod in green or red, if you need anything!
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 2
Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:03 am
kitkat96ninja says...

Hey, everyone! I'm very new here at YWS, but I'm extremely excited. The username, if you didn't catch it, is kitkat96ninja, but I'm sure there will be plenty of nicknames that people come up with which is totally fine because I use that username for literally everything so I can keep track. Anyway, I am a senior in high school, 17 years old. I'm not looking to have a career in writing but lately I have used my writing to be able to handle stress and anxiety as I'm sure many others do as well. I write both Poetry and some short stories when the inspiration strikes. I also sometimes write in the style of letters to basically anyone, I guess a lot of them are to society as a whole questioning certain things so I'm not really sure what to classify that or where I will publish them on the site if I do at all because I'm not sure if that style of writing is appropriate.

Well, with all of the introductions out of the way I do have a couple of questions from Snoink's original post. First of all, Snoink's name is not green, are they no longer a moderator? I've noticed a couple of other green names in the thread, are they moderators? Secondly, what is the last rule about? When they say "rank" do they mean how good it is or, from talking about the 18+ rule, it probably means appropriateness. So, you have to rate your piece for it to make the front page?

Thanks, and so excited to meet everyone :D

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA