z

Young Writers Society

A Long Road From TYWC

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:41 pm
Laeorn says...

Man, it's been ages. I frequented TYWC heavily for a couple of years, but haven't been involved with anything there (save some sporading story posting on a couple of occasions) for a few years. I guess Nate has had this place set up for a while - I was poking through the chatwall and came across a link here.

I don't know how much I'll be posting here, as my courseload this term is quite heavy and I have other forum obligations (I'm a moderator at Gamespot's insanely busy forums). I'll try to get some stories up, although any creative spark I may have had five years ago is quite extinguished at the moment. Regardless, there should be something there to tap.

I go as DJ_Lae on Gamespot, and most of my posting is done in the user board The Virtual Underground.

-

A brief bit about me: I'm a 23-year-old guy living in Victoria and taking Economics at the University of Victoria. I'm staying near the quiet Oak Bay area in an apartment with my girlfriend of ~1.5 years and our remarkably crazy cat. I used to be an extremely prolific writer (though I would debate the quality of said work) until res, when everything just sort of slowed down in terms of writing. I get lots of ideas and I have many pages full of notes for stories and characters, but whenever I sit down to actually write something...I just can't. I'm still not used to it after what I could do so easily only five years ago. Oh well.

Anyway, glad to be here. How many others are from TYWC too?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:32 pm
niteowl says...

A lot of people. There's at least three topics in the Lounge where people b**** about it. NO RIP TYWC is the only one that's recent.

Anyway, welcome. Here's your gift:
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 pm
Bazoo says...

I'm from TYWC, known as "Tolkien is my Idol."

You may or may not remember me.

I remember you. :D
Gamespot? Wow, you must be busy. Well, just relax (or get your anger out in Debate) here and have a good time.

Welcome! :)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:41 pm
Nate says...

Hey Erik!

Good to see more TYWC'ers here; Darkangel just signed up the other day as well, and Midnight, Myriadne (Starlight) and faith have been around here for a while (just listing off the names of members who were active back in 2000-2001). YWS has been open for almost four months now, so I guess nobody has been here for a long time quite yet.

Regarding writing, it's been the same with me lately too; I just can't write anymore. I still manage to do some, but it's harder than it used to be.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:58 am
Shadow Knight says...

I was from TYWC, i still visit once a day. I visit about 5 times a day on average here, more people from my time zone.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:35 am
hekategirl says...

Welcome to YWS! i'm also from TYWC, i'm Little Vampire.
Hope you like it here :-D

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:56 pm
Emma says...

And no one remember Katseyes? Proberly not, welcome anyway!

Reviews: 4
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:01 pm
Zephyr says...

TYWC, of course, and I remember most of the older members. Same name...Zephyr.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:30 am
nickelpickle says...

welcome...lots of people from TYWC..i never was a member, but this board is awesome...

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:41 pm
Writersdomain says...

I was fron TYWC, under the same username actually. I really like it there, though this place is more alive.

I thought it was awful how those people nagged about how terrible TYWC was in those other forums.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:42 pm
Midnight says...

hey was midnight. dunno if u remmeber but hey anyway.
available

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:06 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

And now I'm here. All shall see me and despair!!!

*wanders off to critique stories*

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:12 am
Micah says...

I was from TYWC as well, under Blue Pony. Hi snoink! I'm still finding my way around here though...Lol! :wink:
The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that.
Harper Lee
My sites:
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/
http://www.cafechrist.com/

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:14 am
Shadow Knight says...

lol, Snoink, like i said, this places is better than TYWC in a lot of ways!
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:59 pm
niteowl says...

Hey Snoink. Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

NO U
— Carina