Leaf in Fence

Spoiler! :
lunapic_13184513086830_3.jpg
lunapic_13184513086830_3.jpg (109.2 KiB) Viewed 159 times

Swingset

Spoiler! :
lunapic_13184513086830_5.jpg
lunapic_13184513086830_5.jpg (128.87 KiB) Viewed 159 times
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:52 pm
BlackInk says...

Hey There,
The photography is very good. i like the simplicity of the photographs and the kind of neautral tones. May i suggest trying to capture a more kind of vibrant, coloured kind of thing. like maybe, an Amber tree in the fall so the leaves are bright oranges, reds and golds.... Also insects are good subjects to photograph. i cant wait to see more works from you! overall, good job :)
Black Ink. x.
---
It's not what gender you love that counts, it's who you love. Don't let anyone drag you down. Never Ever.

Im always able to be contacted, day or night, anytime, for any reason. Im here for you. KourtneeMonster@gmail.com

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 am
remember20 says...

I agree with the idea of "more vibrant colors" but then in New England we are spoiled with awesomely colored autumns. Take more pictures and don't be afraid to experiment with filters/frames (I'm not a photographer). I always found lakes, things that reflect, etc. to be awesome to take pictures of in autumn. The first picture in particular would be fun to fool around with in photoshop with lighting effects or a 67% opacity overlay layer that is a copy of the image, to bring out the colors better.

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 am
confetti says...

I think the leaf in the fence would have looked better if you had focused on the leaf rather than the fence.
The other one if mediocre, nothing that blows my mind. Pictures of fall should be expressed through vibrant reds and oranges and so on and so forth. Sorry if that came across as rude, just sharing my opinion, hope it was of some use!
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello wickedwonder,

These are both great photos. I love how definite and clear each shot is and how you have taken simple pictures which capture the beauty of each object or scene without it seeming forced or unnatural.
May i suggest trying to capture a more kind of vibrant, coloured kind of thing
I agree with what the others said about having more vibrant colors but I think you have done pretty well and you are a certainly a very talented photographer and I loved both of these shots.

The first photo is definitely my favorite photo of the two. It is more interesting and is more interesting to look at. It's the kind of thing that you would buy for its intriguing beauty and how something so simple can become beautiful. I like how you managed to capture the shadow on the right side of the picture and the way that there is a leaf that has been caught in the fence.

The next thing I'd suggest for this photo would be to try and focus it more. I thought that the focus of the photo was meant to be the leaf but the way you took it makes it look more like it was meant to be the shadow and it didn't feel right. It just felt a little strange and I think you should check that the angle and focus are just right when you take the picture at the moment although this is good it doesn't look quite right and i think adjusting the focus would probably help you a little more.

The next one is also good. I like the swings hanging at the bottom of the picture and the lighting in this is simply amazing. I do have a couple of suggestions though, first I think you need to and narrow down what the photo is of. You have a lot going on in this and it is quite confusing for the person looking at it. You almost have about 5 little pictures here rather than one big picture.

Next you need to work on the angle. This is very lopsided and I'm not entirely certain if this was your intention. If it was then in my opinion it looks a little odd and if it wasn't there are many ways you can get around it. First, you could take a tripod with you and that would help you take a straight photo. Or you could use a straightening tool, you can find these on most editing sites.

Overall you have some really nice photos here.
I always found lakes, things that reflect, etc. to be awesome to take pictures of in autumn.
I agree you should try and take some photos of water, you style of photography suits that kind of thing and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. Keep up the excellent photography and remember to practice.

From DreamingForever

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 pm
CaptianRandom says...

Hey wickedwonder, CaptianRandom here,
I thought these photos where good, but i think you haven't really focused on what you love, i really liked photo one, but with photo two it sort of drifted away from the theme, it would have been good to have some leaves in the photo like on the swing but i didn't really see it in photo two.
i still really liked these photos, just try to stay on theme :D

Paws Up
CaptianRandom
"Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses"

"I don't want my whole life to be real, so i chose for it not to be"

"You have to not care about the goal, you hgave to love the process"
- All from Lady GaGa

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla