12+

PERSEPHONE

by IMK

A daughter wreathed in power
Green like the grass
Sharp like a crow

Juxtaposition:
Opposites contained in one
Soft and harsh
Kind and cruel

Life and death intertwined
Bones wreathed in flowers
Pomegranate juice stains her lips
Luscious seeds pierced by sharpened teeth

Potential yet unearthed
radiant blooms in graveyard dirt

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 am
KassandraRose wrote a review...

I really like the poem. It’s a different style from other poems and I really like that. The lines are short and sweet and are open for interpretation. The imagery that you writing creates in amazing. I particularly like the line that says: Pomegranate juice stains her lips. It really embodies and described Persephone very well. I especially like the juxtaposition between the lines. It reminds me of the opening lines of A Tale of Two Cities. The last thing I would say is that your similes and metaphors are amazing. They really add description to the poem, and creates creative imagery. Great job and keep up the great work!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 am
JamesPeterson wrote a review...

I like your poem, its awesome! I like your use of some words and the vision you plant in people's minds. It's great.
I recommend you add punctuation. Commas in lines to continue, and periods at the ends of some lines. That's just my personal opinion, but I think it could help. :D
Other than that, twas a wonderous poem.
~James Peterson/Zacharias Drake

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:14 am
RennisanceBlade wrote a review...

Hello! This is RennissanceBlade popping over to leave a review. This is actually really good! I think that the only problem is not knowing if there is a sentence structure or not, since there is no punctuation in the entire thing. Other than that, your wording is wonderful and there is really no grammatical errors so... Keep it up, friend!

~ RennissanceBlade

boo17 says...

First off the title alone caught my attention. I am an absolute greek mythology nerd so thank you for writing this.

Second the writing had me drooling. I feel you really captured Persephone's essence.

OK so the review..

First line had me awe, because I think a lot of people underestimate Persephone so thank you for that opening line.
A daughter wreathed in power

The comparisons were beautiful and matched perfectly.
Soft and harsh

Kind and cruel

Life and death intertwined

Woah woah woah there that was just wow. That last line held so much power. You really could have just had that line and I would have loved it because it really does capture Persephone's essence, because not only is she daughter of harvest but wife of death. I think the second part flies over people's head and they always seem to forget Persephone is queen of death. So thank you for that line too
Radiant blooms in graveyard dirt

Over all wow. I wish it was longer, because I was thoroughly enticed. Persephone was an interesting pick of goddess to choose and I love that you chose her. Good work and keep it up.

boo17 wrote a review...

OK so the review..

A daughter wreathed in power

Soft and harsh

Kind and cruel

Life and death intertwined

Radiant blooms in graveyard dirt

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:07 am
piyaliarchives wrote a review...

Hi!

First of all can I say how beautiful this poem this is? The imagery and the way you played with opposite words is simple yet elegant.
However, there is a small thing that is used a lot which often lowers the effect of the poem on the reader.

Green like the grass
Sharp like a crow

I think the whole poem and metaphors were fabulous, but this one “green - grass” is a redundancy which I would avoid. I think you can phrase it better so that it tells the quality of the grass and what it is rather than just colour, again this is just my pov where I find the redundancies a kind of lowering effect on a poem.

I hope you understood, because I am not the best at explaining.

Hope you have a wonderful writing day :) ❤️

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:39 am
MapleWay wrote a review...

Hey there! MapleWay here with a quick review!

This was a cool poem! I loved all of the clear imagery you used as well! It helped print such a clear image in my mind! Like how when you said, "Pomegranate juice stained her lips". I could see that so well! The only thing I was wondering in regards to the poem was the title. Why was it in all capitals? Was this just to emphasize it or was it for some other reason?

Anyways liked the poem! Can't wait to see more from you!

- MapleWay

IMK says...

the capitals is just how i stylized it previously, I guess I can change that?

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
— William James