12+ Violence Mature Content

There’s more: Five short stories-Clowns, magic, murder, and lies

by vampricone6783

*These are five short stories from my “Clowns, magic, murder, and lies” stories. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. All stories take place in the past except story #4, which takes place in the present. Philippa is sixteen in story #2 and story #4, but story #2 is in the past because it was before Philippa met Nova. Philippa’s death was still pretty recent then. In story #1, Hayley is eighteen years old. Calypso changed herself to look like Hayley’s age, but she is actually 100+ years old, since she is a fairy. Hayley dies later on and Calypso never changes the way she looks ever again, as an act of love. In story #3, Jennifer is fourteen and Philippa is fifteen. In story #5, Philippa is four. Story #2 is a sequel to a short story in “Five more short stories-Clowns, magic, murder, and lies” from my “Scary-ish stories” folder. Philippa and Kit are the same person. Kit is just her clown name, when she performs. Hope that helps. Without further ado, enjoy!*

1. Who is Violet?

“Do you know who Violet is?”

“No. Why?”

Hayley and Calypso reunited years later, when Hayley was an adult and started working at a Halloween store.

Hayley thought that she died, but no, Calypso was still alive.

Maybe fairies were immune to death.

“She..She’s an evil demon-“

“There are nice demons?”

“Well. yes. Can I get on with it?”

“Yeah, sure. Go on.”

“Violet is an evil demon who kills children in the form of a clown.”

“So she’s basically the boogeyman?”

“What-NO! She’s completely different from the boogeyman.”

“Why should I be worried? I’m not a child.”

“Sometimes she gets bored and kills teens and adults.”

“Are you worried for me?”

“A little.”

“I’ll be fine ,don’t worry.”

“I’m still watching on you.”

“Okay. Whatever makes you happy, love.”

2. Talking to Kit the clown

There weren’t a lot of people in the circus. Usually, it was super crowded, but now there was only a few others around.

Terri and Ellie could run around freely, without bumping into anyone. Their parents told them not to run, but why couldn’t they? It was very quiet and the perfect place to play tag.

Terri was just about to catch Ellie, when, suddenly, she noticed someone.

It was Kit, standing next to the circus tent. Her circus tent. Kit would have been there if she hadn’t disappeared. That’s what Mommy told her anyway.

But there she was, standing next to the circus tent, pink curls and all!

“Ellie! Come here!”

“You’re just trying to trick me!”

“No, come here! Quickly!”

Kit the clown looked like any other clown, except for her big red eyes. The other kids from the neighborhood said that Kit was actually a vampire. That she secretly sucked people’s blood and that was why her eyes were red. They said that she disappeared because everyone was starting to learn that she was a vampire.

“Is this what you wanted to show me?” Ellie asked, pointing at Kit. She had just run up to Terri.

Terri nodded.

“What is she doing here?” Ellie asked.

“I don’t know.”

Terri walked up to Kit.

“Are you a vampire? Are you going to kill me?”

Kit shook her head.

“Then what are you? Why are you here? What are you going to do?”

Kit didn’t say anything. She just ran a hand through her pink curls and sighed.

“I’m not going to do anything.” Kit said after a long, heavy pause.

“Just don’t come back here. Don’t go near my tent. I don’t want you or anyone else to come here. Ever.”

“You can’t do that! You’re not the boss!”

“I don’t care, just don’t come back.”

“You can’t tell me what to do!” Terri yelled.

Kit started to disappear and then…

And then she was gone.

“That was mean.” Terri said, kicking a pebble in the direction of the tent.

“I don’t know if that was mean. Maybe she just doesn’t want us to come here.”

“She can’t tell us what to do. She’s not the boss of us.”

Again, there was that awful, heavy silence, looming above the two girls with cold, clammy claws.

“I want to go home.” Terri said, breaking the silence.

“Me too.” Agreed Ellie.

The two went home and never came back to the circus. No one did.

No one wanted to come back.

3. Pretty, painful piercing 

Jennifer tried to relax as the woman drilled the needle through her cheek. One facial piercing. That was all she was getting.

She told her parents that it was what she wanted and they let her do it. Was it legal for her age? Not exactly, but it was only two small studs on her left cheek. It wasn’t like people automatically knew how old she was either. If she could have her ears pierced, why not her left cheek?

The piercings were shiny and beautiful. They might even cheer up Philippa. Philippa loved to look at shiny things.

So she bit her lip and let the woman continue.

4. Ghosts could be killed

“Remember that time in the forest?” Philippa asked. She hoped that Nova wouldn’t remember, but at the same time, she had to know in case that moment ever came in her nightmares.

“When Violet tried to kill you?” Nova asked. Her voice was calm, but her eyes were tinged with uncertainty and sadness.

No time to waste. She had to say it.

“I was already dead. Violet couldn’t have killed me then. Yet you never questioned it.”

Philippa could tell that the gears in Nova’s head were turning just by looking at the expression on her face. She was just beginning to reassess that moment.

Philippa walked up to her and clasped her hands. Both of their hands were skeletal and withery, but both clasped kindly.

“Never once did you question it. You were only concerned for me.” Philippa whispered.

“So do you want to know what really happened?”

Nova nodded.

“We all know how dangerous Violet was. How she could deform and twist that of humanity.

Another nod from Nova.

“Well, her power wasn’t limited to killing humans. She could kill ghosts.”

“Kill ghosts? How-“

“She could take hold of any weapon, bring it to, say, the throat of the ghost, and slice! Dead.”

“Oh, that’s-“

“Disturbing? Weird? Extremely creepy? Yes, but that was what she could do.”

“At least she’s gone now.”

“And at least we’re safe.” Philippa said, hugging Nova.

The Ferris Wheel creaked in the distance, sending off ominous notes and the wind was quite chilling, but at least they were safe. Philippa had never felt completely whole after Jennifer died, but when Nova came along, that very void in her soul started to be filled with such lovely pastel pink light, with hints of glitter.

She would never let Nova disappear.

5. Fight like a girl

Philippa smiled at the girls doing karate moves on TV. She wanted to be strong, just like them!

She would practice until she was a warrior, like them.

Practice made perfect, after all. 

foxmaster wrote a review...

Hi there! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Once again, another great story from the mystical clown! This time, it seems a bit lighter and happier than the other stories, other than chatpers one and four. Well, let's get right to it!

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know
So, what I know is first off, Hayley and Calipso are talking about a creepy person who kills children. Hayler seems rather worried, but Calipso doesn't want her to worry.
Next, Ellie and Terri are running through a circus, and find Phillippa/Kit staring at them. They talk, seem creeped out, and never return.
Jessicca gets a piercing to impress Phillippa, Phillippa and Nova talk,and Phyllippa works out in front of a Karate show.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - Room for Improvements
It seems to me, that, once again, you spend a lot of detail explaining the piece, and not that much explaining what's actually happening. I especially found myself wondering what the first, second,and fourth chapter had to do with the others. I found that the other two chapters seemed kind of unnecessary to me. I didn't really see how they were connected with the others, unfortunately.
I also found that you spent a lot of time showing dialogue and not that much describing what was going on.

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece

I especially loved this line: I found it very descriptive, and just very well-written!

Grahm Cracker closing and sign off:
Once again, another story! I'm actually very interested in what happens next, hoping you publish another continuation to this!
happy writing,
-foxmaster

Serrurie wrote a review...

I only read number three- and I've feel like I know this character. I can already see this as the epilogue for a book. A rebellious teen, trying to find herself through a chaotic whirlwind of not the most illegal things? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. But it has potential. And I love the guilt she has for getting the piercings. The denial. Guilt is one pot the most amazing things to build a character off of, in my opinion. It just leaves a character feeling confused, like she has no one to trust with her secret. Or perhaps if someone asked this character a question, it would cause her to run away from guilt, leading to another bad choice. Anyways, great story. Keep up the great work.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee