Home » Literary works » Other » Fantasy

12+ Violence Mature Content

Clowns, magic, murder, and lies-Five Short Stories

by vampricone6783

*These are five (kind of random) short stories containing characters from my story “Clowns, magic, murder, and lies”. You can look at Gacha Club characters on my wall. Enjoy!

1.Lily and Conrad have a moment with each other

In an abandoned circus, there was a little girl named Lily.

She wasn’t alive. She was an angel.

But she still had feelings. She was still a little girl.

And there were other angels there, but they didn’t want to hang out with her.

So Lily was searching for her older brother, Conrad. Maybe he’d want to be with her.

As she ran in the circus, she recalled how she and her brother got there in the first place.

It was supposed to be her amazing fourth birthday, but there was a demon clown there, her name was Violet and she had killed Lily and Conrad.

Lily also remembered how after she killed them, she gained a human form and they themselves had turned into the clowns.

There was a time they weren’t able to turn into their human forms, a time when she couldn’t see her older sister, Philippa.

Yes, she had another sibling. Philippa. But she died in their house. Lily never found out how…

So it was just Lily and Conrad in the circus, only relying on each other.

They were all together now and could go to Heaven, but sometimes, they still visited the circus they died in…

“Conrad?” Lily asked. She had just run into a circus tent and there was nobody there.

“Conrad? Please? Can you please come out?”

Lily lowered her head, staring down at her shoes. Maybe he didn’t want to be with her-

Suddenly, two long arms grabbed her and pulled her up into the air.

Lily giggled. She knew exactly who had pulled her into the air.

“Conrad! You surprised me!” Lily squealed.

“You looked sad and so I wanted to see you smile.” Conrad said.

He was sort of just holding her in the air, so she could see the beautiful circus in full view.

Just how she liked it.

“What’s wrong?” Conrad asked.

“Nobody wanted to be with me.”

“Not everyone has time to hang out with you, you know.”

“I know, but it makes me sad…does…anyone love me?”

“Of course. I love you. Why would you think that?”

“I just…just want…people to be with me...”

“A tour through the circus?”

“Yes! I’d love that!” Lily squealed.

When they first got there, he’d often carry her, hanging off of satin ribbons like a trapeze artist (He said he got the skill after they died) all around the circus and he’d jump and swing from every tent, showing her the wonders of the circus.

It brought joy to her.

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome! You’re my little sister, I want to see you smile!”

“So when will you be happy?”

“I am happy, don’t worry about me.”

“But Conrad, you always look upset...”

“I’m fine, Lily.”

Lily didn’t know if that was true. He was very different ever since they died…

But maybe he was fine. She had to trust her brother.

He wouldn’t lie to her.

2.The Lopez family gets weird

Deep in a dark, abandoned tent in a circus that was equally abandoned was the Lopez family.

The Lopez family wasn’t alive, though. They were all angels and not just any angels.

They were people who had gotten killed by a demon clown girl named Violet. After Violet had killed them, she gained a human form and everyone else became demon clowns.

Well, since they defeated Violet, they are now angels and can go to Heaven, but sometimes, they still visit the circus…

But who are the Lopezes, exactly?

Well, there’s Felicity Lopez, who is the mother. She can do something her husband and children can’t. She can not only go from an angel form to a demon clown form, she can also turn into a puppet. It’s something Violet wasn’t intending for her, but it was pretty cool…

Now, for Ethan Lopez. Ethan is Felicity’s husband and he can only go from an angel form to a demon clown form.

Their fourteen year old daughters, Angelita and Maybelline Lopez, were just like their Dad in terms of what they could turn into.

Being in a forgotten circus can get quite boring, so Angelita and Maybelline were trying to flirt with this teenage boy who was sneaking into the circus to find out if it were haunted or not…

“Heya, cutie!” They exclaimed. They had to hold themselves back from laughing at the boy’s obvious discomfort. They knew very well that they had blood all dried up on them and that they smelled like maggots, but the only reason they were flirting with him was so he could-

“AHHHHH! Get away from me, you freaks!”  The boy screamed.

“Well, you wanted to see the paranormal, now you’re seeing the paranormal.”  They said.

“That’s it! I’m done! I don’t want to explore this circus anymore!” The boy cried out.

And with that, he left.

“Finally, no more annoying living humans to come bother us.” Angelita said, rolling her eyes.

Maybelline giggled.

“Did you see his face?”

“Oh my god, it was so funny! He was all like “Oh no I’m being bombarded by weird looking angels!” “

“Girls, what were you doing?” A voice asked behind them.

Angelita and Maybelline turned around to face the person talking to them and groaned in annoyance.

It was their Dad.

“We didn’t even like him, we were just fooling around!”

“Really?”

“Yes Dad, really. Now, leave us alone. Go back to scaring little kids or something.”

“I do not scare little kids!”

“Yes, you do. Whenever a kid goes here after some stupid dare, they’ll see you and freak out. It doesn’t matter if you are in your clown form or not, you’re just very ugly and scary-“

“I’ve had it with this behavior! No more haunting this circus! We’re going to Heaven!”

“No Daddy, stop! We don’t want to go to Heaven, it’s boring! It’s full of clouds and old people!”

“Then start acting like teenagers and not children. Both of you.”

“You do realize we’re both talking at the same time, right? Twin goals-“

“That’s it, we’re going to Heaven! Starting now!”

“Noooo!”

“What is going on here?” Felicity asked. She had just found her husband arguing with the girls and uh…yeah…it was weird…

“We were just talking about how ugly and scary Dad was and then-“

Everyone started talking over each other at that point. Felicity clapped her hands loudly to quiet everyone down and said:

“Listen, I don’t have time for this. We are having a family night. Which means no jump scaring humans. That goes for you too, Ethan.”

“But Felicity! I don’t even do anything! I could just be hanging around and then people get freaked out over me!”

“Well honey, you’re just going to have to learn to not hang around.”

“But-“

“No.”

“That’s not fair!”

“Nothing is fair.”

Ethan huffed angrily at this absurd rule, but he couldn’t stay mad for long, because Felicity and the girls started dancing.

Were they great dancers? He didn’t know and he didn’t care, but he wanted to join in.

And so he did.

The Lopez family had a wonderfully weird night…

3.Philippa gets cheered up by Nova

Philippa stood in the carnival, staring at the cloth circus tent she was in.

Being all alone in the tent reminded her of when she used to be all alone in her house, haunting it. Scaring away anyone who saw her.

When people saw her, they’d say “OH NO! It’s-it’s-it’s her! Run or she’ll eat your insides!”

Then, they’d run from her.

It wasn’t even like she did anything. She was just…there.

But people were afraid of her and her clown costume…most didn’t even see her…

She was…just…sort of…there.

“What’s wrong, Philippa?” A sweet voice asked. The owner of the voice wrapped her arms around her.

It was her girlfriend, Nova.

“Nothing…just…thinking about…when I used to haunt…my house. When people were scared of me. When-“

“Why are you thinking about that? That was so long ago.”

“I know, but I can’t help but think about it.”

“It’s okay to reflect on your past, but please, don’t dwell on it. Remember that your past is just that, your past. Now, it’s time to start anew.”

Philippa didn’t reply to Nova. She just hugged her and they sat quietly in the circus, in each other’s embrace.

And that was all Philippa needed. Nova’s touch, Nova’s love.

4.Philippa and Lily cheer up Conrad!

Conrad was sitting in the carnival circus tent, feeling lonelier than usual.

Sometimes, he thought of how he wasn’t there for his sister, Philippa and that if he had been around, she wouldn’t have died.

He then thought about his other sister, Lily.

Oh, Lily! She was so sweet and innocent!

She didn’t deserve to be trapped in the carnival with him…

Would she ever recover from it?

What if he was failing as a big brother to both of his sisters-

“Hey, Conrad.” Philippa said.

Conrad looked up. Philippa stood over him, smiling from ear to ear.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

He shrugged. Could he really tell her? Would it bother her?

“Conrad, I’m sixteen years old and I’m your sister. I’m not a baby. I have a right to know if you’re okay.” She said.

“Am I a good brother to you?”

“Of course you are! You’re so selfless and caring, I couldn’t ask for a better one!”

“Are you just saying that to make me feel better? You can be honest with me, you know.”

“I am being honest with you! I love you! And I’m sorry about what happened to me…I was really sad…I didn’t know what I was thinking…I...”

“Hush now, Philippa. You can’t change what you did. The important thing is that you are here with me now.”

“Hello, everyone!” A delighted voice squealed.

The two of them turned their heads to the four year old little girl, Lily.

“Do you wanna play some games with me?”

Well, they had nothing else to do and they hadn’t played any games in a while, so…

“Yeah, sure.” They said.

So, they went to play with Lily.

5.Philippa visits Jennifer

“Long time, no see.”

“Hey Jennifer.”

“Hey.”

“So how is Heaven?”

“It’s nice. I just wish you were with me.”

“But I’m with someone else now. Nova, remember?”

“Yes. I remember.”

“I just wanted to see you again. I missed you.”

“Yeah. I missed you too.”

“You were a good girlfriend.”

“Yeah…thanks, Philippa.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening