z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

reindeer

by postmalone


reindeer

are

just

christmas

llamas.

they

go

buh-waaaaaaaaa

and

have 

huge

f l u f f y

personal

sweaters.

wanna

be

a

reindeer.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 1689
Reviews: 52

Donate
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 am
LeutnantSchweinehund wrote a review...



Well it's certainly nonsensical. I can say that much, that's for sure. Though I don't really know what it's trying to convey. As in, I don't much understand its meaning. Poetry doesn't have to carry serious topics, of course, but even then, it seems a bit... Odd.

All I can point out is the use of "i," which should be capitalized in English when referring to oneself. That, and sentences should start with capital letters anyway. Other than that, the grammar and syntax seem to be in order.

So that's that, really... I can't judge it properly, it's much too short for any distinct flaws to surface. It didn't really invoke much in the way of emotions in me.

Don't take this as a poor review though. Just my personal feelings on it. Keep at it.




postmalone says...


it wasn't meant to have any meaning or sense in it, everything was just random and it was meant to be exactly at it was published, no caps, no real sentences, no judging, just plain humor





In that case, full steam ahead!



User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:09 am
Radrook wrote a review...



Thanks for sharing this humorous poem. The funny part that I find is the imitation of how reindeer sound. I personally have never heard how a reindeer sounds. But the way you write that it sounds looks very convincing. Does a llama sound that way as well? That I don't know either but its face looks as if it makes that kind of sound. Also comical is that the speaker gives the impression that he can't tell the difference between these two animals.

Reindeer

Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Artiodactyla Family: Cervidae Subfamily: Capreolinae Tribe: Rangiferini Genus: Rangifer
C.H. Smith, 1827 Species: R. tarandus

-----------------
camels

Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Artiodactyla Family: Camelidae Tribe: Camelini Genus: Camelus
Linnaeus, Species

Camelus bactrianus
Camelus dromedarius
Camelus ferus


Even more hilarious yet is that he wants to be one of these two animals!

As for suggestions? Well, I really don't have any. Poem is funny as it is.




postmalone says...


"He"? the speaker is me... "she". but thank you for the funny comment haha



Radrook says...


Sorry about that. They should place one of those gender symbols next to the name so one knows the gender. I hope I didn't offend by saying that the poem is humorous. I honestly thought that the intention was humor.
My apologies if I did.




Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White