z

Young Writers Society



whiplash // i hope i live forever

by creaturefeature


(my god)
my ghosts
they still whisper near
the river spinning tales of tomorrow -
prod my soul and its
ruins. i am a caricature of 
my previous self before i went
to face the slaughter. it is simple. 
it is perhaps something more than
what i imagined for myself. i am
unfortunate enough to devastate
myself with myself above
everything else.
they ask me
what it is like to be alive
in such a time like this.

i'm not sure how to answer yet.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 3
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:26 am
View Likes
AtomicSpaceKid wrote a review...



I feel the sluggish pull out of writers block with this one. It feels that you are trying to convey a type of emptiness and feeling of being lost in expectations that others might have for you. I feel like this poem is very loose and versatile for how you can interpret it and I think that’s a really cool aspect to have in your poetry. Hope you’re able to get back into writing!




User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:20 pm
View Likes
i2aku says...



Wow. This poem is incredible. I really enjoy the short, simple sentences. It reminds me of overwhelming thoughts and how only the shortest string of words can come to mind.




User avatar
963 Reviews


Points: 187
Reviews: 963

Donate
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



I liked reading this poem,it was very dramatic and detailed to read.I believe it’s about losing yourself to ideas.It’s about losing yourself into ideas and being gone into darkness,being reduced into nothingness,forever.It’s being gone,even if you are physically present.I think everyone has felt like this at one point.I hope you have a good and wonderful day and night.





All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe