Home » Literary works » Poetry » Romantic

falling out of love

by lulon

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 am
LadyBug wrote a review...

HI, Lulon! I'm here to leave a quick review!

THINGS I LIKED:
It flowed pretty well, and was very descriptive!
It was pretty and very relatable.
It was straight to the point, not too many metaphors.
The format was bomb.

THINGS THAT COULD BE IMPROVED:There is no real structure, the lines vary. That can be quite fresh in some circumstances, but in this one it feel kinda choppy. Re-read it aloud and you will see some lines are a mouthful, and could definitely be shortened.
My only other critique is that you use the word love quite a lot. Yes, it has love in the title, yes it's about love, but substitute one for affection or adoration, or explain the feeling more, go in depth, pull our heartstrings!

OVERALL:
I loved it, it was short and while it wasn't sweet, it is memorable! Keep writing!

Jade

lulon says...

thanks for stopping by! it%u2019s really a raw poem, and i only edited it once. thanks for the review!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:29 am
Thisislegacy wrote a review...

Legacy here for a review.

I'm not going to nitpick too much about the small areas that you could improve with word choice (some places you have words that are a bit awkward but it doesn't distract from what you are trying to show).

There's this one line that is much longer than the rest
"something that i wouldn't have know before because the others i never really loved" should be rewritten as it's a bit of a mouthful. It could have been written like
"something that I didn't know before since I didn't love the others" to shorten it a little.

A small issue I have here though is that you are using words such as "really", "obviously", and "so" etc. These words diminish the message you are trying to send and you can strengthen it by using stronger vocabulary.

Overall I see the message that you are trying to send and I can tell you that it takes a long time to fall out of love, but it takes a different amount of time for each person. Personally I've been in this position before and it was very difficult. If you need advice I can help, just dm me :)

I hope I wasn't harsh with this review. Legacy out.

lulon says...

thank you for being so blunt! this poem is supposed to be raw and busy, trying to display as many emotions as possible at one time. thanks for stopping by!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:09 am
JesseWrites wrote a review...

Hello there,

I am so sorry in advance if I get a little intense in this.

Again, a poem about love, or well what happens when love goes totally wrong to the point of heartbreak. I am guessing that is your favorite way to express feeling in a poem, or the other viewpoint, which is you have been in a relationship that went wrong. If you'd ever like to talk about anything like that, you can send a PM my way.

The lack of punctuation is a little strange because that can show that you aren't very knowledgeable in poetry, which I think isn't true, but a comma in a few places or a period can help out how others view your poetry. The capitalization is of course fine because it works with the theme of the poem as serious can be neutralized with something more laid back in tone.

The one uncapitalized thing that gets on my nerves is proper nouns like Cancun. Here is my reasoning, "A proper noun is a specific (i.e., not generic) name for a particular person, place, or thing. Proper nouns are always capitalized in English, no matter where they fall in a literature work or sentence." I do see that it would be awkward in this poem with everything not capitalized, but still something to be informed on in case.

I disagree with the other review on rhyming. I think it is the poets choice on how they do everything style wise, so you do whatever makes your poem look good in your opinion. I also say that with everything I made a point of. Poetry is diverse, so I don't see anything 'wrong'.

Have a good day,
Haley.

lulon says...

thank you for being so blunt. i actually have capitals turned off on my phone, so i don%u2019t really think about that anymore. but, i will remember to capitalize those proper nouns next time, and also the punctuation. thank you for being concerned about my well being. my feelings are always put into poems, so there will be many of these in the future. thanks for stopping by!

galaxygem wrote a review...

Heya! galaxygem here to leave a quick review.

First of all, who hurt you? I can feel the heartbreak in this poem, I swear! Falling out of love, as you put it, is never easy, and I feel that this completely shows that. Well done!

Now, for the nitpicks (which I hate to give):

disappointed, stress, sadness and anger fill me

This line right here. I feel like this would be more grammatically correct if you did this:

“disappointment, stress, sadness and anger fill me”

“Disappointed” doesn’t fill you, “Disappointment” does. Try to remember that!

Second nitpick, I can’t really feel the rhythm in this poem. This may be intentional, and I totally understand if that’s the case! But I feel that most great poems should have some sort of rhythm to it, which I was unable to find here.

That’s pretty much it! I hope you keep up the great work!

-✨

lulon says...

thank you for the grammar point out! it%u2019s not supposed to be the most rhythmic poem, just super raw in emotion and heartbreak, kind of giving the feeling of a hundred different emotions at once. thanks for the review!

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal