Home » Literary works » Art » Realistic

a bunch of necklaces that i drew with mediocre shading cuz my room is dark

by lulon

zc927 wrote a review...

The overall "vibe" of this piece is mysterious and amazing, and I really like the details that went into this piece.

I think I said this already on your other artwork, but contrast will really help push the art one step further! Just the addition of a few key shadows will help push this piece along really nicely. (you did say your room was dark- so I guess it makes sense)

Ooh, and I also really like the necklace chains and the detail in the second coin- great job!

I hope this helped at least a little bit!

lulon says...

thanks for another review!

KahleneTenorio wrote a review...

Hi, this is Kahlene! I love art so I wanted to write how I felt about it! ^-^

I love the way you made the stretching give an old fashioned look! The smoothness is also pleasing, the shading wasn't harsh nor to light like per se mediocre. I also love the detail in the second necklace, the image looks like a person, I may be wrong so please correct me, I would love to know what it was.

The necklaces chains are also nicely made, they actually look like chains! The shadows nicely done as well, it is not harsh where it looks noir. Overall this whole drawing is nice, I say you did a good job! I would love to see more artwork from you!

Anyway, that is all I have to say! I hope you have a jolly good day!

lulon says...

thanks for reviewing! i hope you have a good day too!

whatchamacallit wrote a review...

Hello harperlouise06! I'm here to review your artwork!

I really enjoy the mood of this sketch, and how it's sort of dim and mysterious. I'd say the shading is pretty good, considering the title literally says "mediocre shading". Also, I love the hair in the top right corner! (I know that's pretty random but the way you depicted it is realistic and beautiful). I think that you've portrayed the shape and weight of the necklaces very well, and how they rest against the neck of the wearer. I would only really suggest for those that you add some more definition to the engravings/patterns, since they're a bit hard to see. (Which may well be the lighting of the photo, not the actual sketch itself, so feel free to ignore that if the photo is inaccurate).

My main critique is that the neck is a bit shapeless. I don't really see a collarbone or really any structure of the neck, if that makes sense. Again, this could be that some shading/definition was lost in the image, but if not, I'd recommend adding subtle shadows and a suggestion of the collarbone.

Other than that, this is quite well done! Another lovely piece of art!

I hope this review was helpful, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Keep drawing!

whatchamacallit

lulon says...

thanks for coming for another review! the detailing on the photo that i referenced was very minimal, yet busy. also, light when i took this, not the best. but i do agree that it%u2019s not very detailed in the first place. thanks for the insight on the collarbones! thanks for always reviewing!

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)