Warmth

by starbean, MapleWay

Warmth.

It can be how you feel next to a crackling fire

Or how you feel

When you are where you belong

When you're with your friends and family,

Sitting around the dinner table

Or playing a good board game.

When you are all where you want to be.

That is true warmth

Not when you are sitting near the furnace

But how you feel where you are where you come from

Not where you were born, but where you are meant to be

NightsInWhiteSatin wrote a review...

Seems simple, hits deep. When you said that warmth is what you feel "When you are where you belong", that hit me emotionally. It helped me understand what I always felt but couldn't just put into thought. You use situations everyone understands to describe a feeling everyone desires, great work.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 am
akanbright says...

I like the form way and formal you used trying to literally explain your work and in a glimpse, it is amazing and I as well admire the lyrical pattern of the poem. Maybe more of this should go into the NAPO thread.
Its really expressional when you tried giving a cool preface of the sovereigness of warmth and its real terminology on us. Good that warmth isn't just getting OK and cool enough around a fire, but is actually feeling the niceness and joy around others. The reason why many fall sick and others tend to meet up with an early grave is owed to the fact that these people didn't have or feel real warmness from either friends, families or even foes.
Our generation are now seen as surface thinkers and that is why we are adent to do many things. Just imagine telling a person that he or she needs warmth or needs to stay warm in order to keep alive and you'll see how that person would be looking for all physical and natural means to keep warm, without looking the other side.
Funny as it is, this is what has been going on around us, and to be sincere, even I, didn't actually know that warmth could be drawn from anywhere that serves you true happiness and joy.
Its really nice that you have written this poem, and maybe it was written just for my learning and analyzing.
Thanks again. Keep it up.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 am
akanbright wrote a review...

Thanks again. Keep it up.

starbean says...

thanks so much! this was super helpful!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:21 pm
atlast wrote a review...

Hi, @hannah0528 and @MapleWay! Atlas here to review your poem, Warmth. Before I begin, I just want to remind you that anything I critique is merely a suggestion, so feel free to use or discard any or all of this review as you see fit. Also, I have no intention of being harsh or impolite in this review, so if anything I say appears rude or insensitive, please let me know so we can sort it out. That being said, let's get into it!

Overall Impression
The meaning of this poem was pretty clear: it talked about the, well, warmth, of being who you are, where you want to be, and who you want to be with. It examined the comfort of being satisfied with your life and the way others influence it. It's short and sweet, getting to the point quickly and effectively. Great job!

Things I Liked
I loved the imagery you used throughout the piece. My favorite was probably the first full line:

Or how you feel
When you are where you belong

While describing a fire as "crackling" is pretty common, using it here makes the feeling of "being where you being" feel the same way, if that makes sense. It's super effective,

I also like the image you paired with the poem. I can imagine sitting around a fire like this with a bunch of friends having a great time, which adds another layer of realness to your poem.

[bThings I'd Edit[/b]
The biggest thing I would change is the capitalization of each line. Every new line doesn't need to be capitalized, just the start of a new sentence.

I do think the poem is a bit choppy in terms of flow, but it didn't take too much away from my reading experience. Maybe just switch up the length of some of the sentences, making some longer and some shorter; it'll add some variety and make the poem's rhythm shine through a bit better.

Other than that, I actually didn't notice any glaring grammar or syntax issues.

To Conclude...
Again, I really enjoyed this poem! The imagery, both in words and actual pictures, was super effective and I had to nitpick to find any real issues. Fantastic job, both of you!

I hope this review was helpful. If not, no worries! As I said, my edits are suggestions, not commands. I look forward to reading your next collaborative work!

Happy writing,
Atlas

starbean says...

okay, thanks!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:20 pm
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hello!!!! You people did a wonderful job in collabing the whole poem!! I really liked how you described the warmth! What you people said is kinda a inner warmth. And I really like reading these things where you describe yourself. I really agree with u people. It's another feeling where you are within your own world.

Very good!!! Keep it up!!!

~Forever

starbean says...

thanks!

starbean says...

thanks!

The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes