four, cold slate

by keystrings

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:37 am
Mageheart wrote a review...

I'm back once more. <3

First off: I really love the formatting! The gray highlights initially serve as a great juxtaposition to the rainbows you're describing, and then seem to fit the speaker perfectly once you transition into that second stanza. I also love how you indented the last three lines of each stanza - when I was reading your poem, I read through those groups of lines faster than the preceding ones. It made it feel like a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions.

As with your other poems, your imagery is great and your writing lacks grammar and spelling errors. The only critique I have is that I didn't entirely understand the meaning of the poem until I looked through your portfolio and briefly skimmed "three, loving colors". It was clear from the descriptions you used here that some sort of comparison was meant to be made between the speakers and the rainbows, but it was hard to tell what exactly that comparison was. If you ever go back to this poem, I'd add in more details that clue the reader into the meaning of the poem.

Other than that, I really loved your poem.

Noobwriter88 wrote a review...

I love this. It speaks poetry. (As if I know lol). But I love the deep thoughts in it, and I love how it kinda has a rhythm, that just might be me though. But I love how it sounds like thoughts from a person, although it most likely is. The way it flows from word to word is amazing and refreshing in a weird way, but yeah. Please continue writing these kinds of poems, they are memorizing.

averyismediocre says...

This was a very pleasant poem! The highlighting of the words is an interesting choice, but if it's your style then that's cool. The structure is cool but kind of causes some of the words to flow weirdly, like on lines 9-10. Other than that, everything looks good

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:29 am
Tanishka wrote a review...

Hey fraey,here for review.

This is a great poem and meaning of the poem is amazing.The structure is pretty good.The first 2 lines
"These rainbows speak my name,
But rarely enough that the word feels"
I think you could work on the rhyming scheme.I am not sure what the second stanza is trying to convey so I think you could work on it a little bit.I hope you keep writing such works and keep posting it.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie