z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

nesting

by Charm



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 131
Reviews: 14

Donate
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 pm
View Likes
HopeSummers101 wrote a review...



Hello, Hope here.
This is an amazing poem! And part of what makes it great is that it is SO. FREAKING. RELATEABLE. This is so meaningful and amazing.

You have such a way with words, too. I love the vivid imagery you were using, like comparing him to a swift river and comparing falling in love with autumn. It was just so well done. Most poems I read don't really hit me that hard, cuz they just sound fake. But this really has feeling behind it as you talked/described that feeling when you fall in love with someone you can never have. This was just so amazing. It blew my mind away. You have a true gift for writing...Don't throw it away!

Keep writing! You have amazing work, which I will probably be commenting on. :) But anyway, keep on this good work!




Charm says...


thank you!



User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:41 am
Radrook wrote a review...



Wonderful poem expressing the hurt that infatuation can inflict and does inflict on ne generation after another. What hurts even more is that we later realize sometimes how unworthy the object of our attention was and how much precious time of our short lives we wasted on the individual.

I love the vivid imagery and tone. It really pulled me into the poem and kept my attention. A true masterpiece!


Just one small Suggestion:

After reading the poem several times I realized that it can be made more consistent in POV.
The poem starts with second person singular "you". Then it immediately shifts to first person plural with "we". Then it again shifts back to the second person singular "you" and remains there until the end. Remaining in one pov is best.
https://www.janefriedman.com/point-of-view/





The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus