Love That Lets Go

by Zenith

Fingers uncurled around the string,
Eyes urged it on towards the infinite blue,
And just beyond the quiet pain of loss,
Lied this knowledge, deep within; that
It would carry her hopes along to a place
Where her wheelchair bound legs
Couldn't ever dream of reaching.

As it rode the forbidden wave of freedom,
The balloon whispered its goodbye
To a heart heavy with the realization,
That it's only love if it knows how to let go. 

StarlitMind wrote a review...

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful!
You convey a hard truth in the poem that isn't always easy to see. I love your imagery and phrases, like "forbidden wave of freedom." Love is beautiful and painful, bittersweet, and I get that feeling from this poem. Your title drew my attention instantly, and the last line tied it all together. Thank you for letting others read it; this is one of the most beautiful poems I have ever read!

Zenith says...

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that you liked it. :)

StarlitMind says...

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful!

BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...

Hi! I loved this piece. The rhyming, symbolization all is on point. "Letting go" is something all need to do and understand in life.The last two lines are the best. They sum up the poem.Although, this poem is small but has so much to say and help readers develop their own thoughts and feelings.
"Love which wants to hold is not true love. True love must set the person free." A beautiful theme which is so worth sharing. I agree with every single line of your poem.Indirectly, it says so much to readers and makes them ponder upon.
This is an incredible piece. Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to read your future works as well!
FROM: Bhavya

Zenith says...

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you liked it

Your welcome!

Alfonso22 wrote a review...

Three symbols:

1. Balloon,

2 String

3. Holder of the string and releaser of it.

The balloon and the string- holder are people. The string is what keeps them together in some way. Releasing the string is good. Not releasing the string is bad for the balloon because it inhibits and limits it in some way. Releasing it is love. Not releasing it is selfishness. Releasing it provides the releaser with the hope that even though crippled she or he will see wishes realized by the one who is released.

To me this speaks about a situation where one must allow someone to be independent despite our desire to hold on. It is typical of the child parent relationship where adulthood is reached and the parent needs to lovingly let go . The parent might not be able to reach he heights that he or she will reach and feel crippled due to that inability. But if the parent really loves-the strings will be released because it is the loving thing to do.

Suggestion: The word lie distracted me away from the poem into grammatical issues. Using another word would prevent that distracting pause in my case.

Apart from that, I find the poem very beautiful and meaningful indeed. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

Zenith says...

You have interpreted it quite well. I'll try to improve upon what you said. Thank you for the review. ^_^

theescaper020 wrote a review...

Hey
I really loved the poem .
Its really deep.
I liked the way it tells how first it gives hopes and then one understands that nothing stays and at last one realizes love is not always about holding on .One realizes that letting go for the happiness of your love is what is called true love .
My favourite line is "That it's only love if it knows how to let go".
Great job buddy .
It's really emotional.
Bravo !
I'll look forward for your new works .

Zenith says...

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you liked the poem. ^_^

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson