Boredom

by Mathy

Boredom lays in my lap like a stone

Holding me back

Crushing my soul

I can’t push it off.

Like so many things, the boredom is eternal

Its undying nature nagging

Its love unending

I call it by its name

It rolls away

Replaced by its cousin

A few moments later.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 pm
Horisun wrote a review...

This poem is very well written, I really like it, good job. The only thing that I saw was that you sometimes forgot punctuation, but that's about it. You did a good job painting a picture in my mind, good job on that, too. I loved the wording, that was great.
Overall, a amazing poem. I look forward to seeing more from you.
As always, keep writing!

Unidentified wrote a review...

I can't say I've been bored a lot, but I think you did a great job with describing what boredom can feel like. And not just any boredom, but when you're REALLY bored and there's not much you can do about it. Honestly, you've taken me by surprise. I wasn't expecting a poem about boredom. But even though your poem was about the subject, I wasn't even the slightest bored reading it. From one writer to another, I think you have potential and I'd like to see more work from you. Awesome job. Keep up the work.

Mathy says...

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm
thundereagle wrote a review...

edgy enough to make alt girls swoon if you read it all dramatic like down at the free trade coffee shop. If you can't seem to shake the boredom before sadness sets in. maybe you don't want to do anying because you enjoy being sad? maybe being dark and brooding is how you get the ladies? noone knows save you my friend.

Mathy says...

Thanks for your review... It is about being bored and writing this to stop being bored, and the boredom coming back after I wrote it.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 pm
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...

I think you have described what i feel right now!XD I really like this, while it may not be an extremely long poem, it's still a very well-crafted poem. You really describe what it feels like when someone is bored out of their mind! I think that's really creative, so great job friendo!:) I look forward to reading more of your poems, partially because you didn't have any grammatical errors! So keep up the fantastical work bud!:)

Mathy says...

Thank you so much! :3

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson