Home » Literary works » Script » General

A Homework Carol, Scene Two

by Vil

SCENE TWO

Int. Sitting Room - By a Fireplace - Night

STRINGBEAN is sound asleep in her rocking chair, books all over the floor from where she'd been reading until late at night. The grandfather clock in the corner struck 11 PM, and the noise startles her awake.

STRINGBEAN: (tired) Huh? Whazzat?

Chains can be heard clanking outside of the room. A MYSTERIOUS VOICE starts to speak.

MYSTERIOUS VOICE: (eerily) Stringbean... (chains clank) Stringbean!

The clanking steadily grows louder, and STRINGBEAN hides under her quilt. She starts mumbling something to herself about dreams, but otherwise her words are uninteligible. Babbling, she pulls her legs up, wraps her arms around them, and slowly rocks back and forth in her chair.

LADY MYSTERIO floats through the door, dragging her ghostly chains with her. She is the mysterious voice that has frightened STRINGBEAN so.

MYSTERIO: (ghostly voice) Stringbean... StRiNgBeAn...

STRINGBEAN: (whimpering, still rocking) Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me...

MYSTERIO: Stringbean... I am the ghost of homework that you did not do... I have come to WARN you!

STRINGBEAN: (extremely scared) Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me!

MYSTERIO: You MUST do your homework

STRINGBEAN: (screaming) MOMMY! VILNIUS! SOMEONE! SHE'S GONNA KILL ME!

MYSTERIO: (confuzzled) I don't kill, I merely absorb all of your energy and take your body as my own whilst you become a ghost for all eternity. Why would I kill you?

STRINGBEAN: (still very scared) Please don't do that, either, Miss Ghost Lady.

MYSTERIO: (annoyed) Mysterio. Lady Mysterio. Get it right. Now, what was I...? Oh yes! (scarier) You will be visited by three more ghosts this night lest I take your body as my own, mwahahaha!

STRINGBEAN: (pokes head out from blanket) So I'm visited by three ghosts and then you-- (breaks down into sobs) I just want my blankie and my books!

MYSTERIO does a ghostly facepalm and the word beware suddenly fills the room, though MYSTERIO does not say it. She fades into the background before disappeaing from the scene. Crying, STRINGBEAN is left in the room alone.

END OF SCENE TWO

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:47 pm
starlitmind wrote a review...

HEY VIL, I'M EXCITED FOR THE NEXT PART c: Let's see what kind of craziness you've come up with it xD

A ghost is comingggg!! And from scrolling down, I can see it's Lady, yay! c:
Just a very tiny thing - you stated in the first sentence that it's night, so you could just say "struck 11" to make it look neater? Idk, but I like the simplicity of having just a number and not the pm/am stuff. But hey, totally up to you xD

STRINGBEAN: (tired) Huh? Whazzat?

I love the way Stringbean responds xD

HAHA MYSTERIOUS VOICE, I GET IT.

I also love how you're using the chains, so it links to the original although yours is much better heheheh

omg i'm scared

I LOVE THIS. The whole concept revolving around not doing your homework is such a fun twist to the story, I love it so much xD like imagine being haunted by a ghost because you didn't do your homework haha

Oh my gosh cx don't worry, Stringbean, you're not getting killed

MYSTERIO: (confuzzled)

Your language style is very consistent, I love it

MYSTERIO: (annoyed) Mysterio. Lady Mysterio. Get it right.

YEAH STRINGBEAN, GET IT RIGHT.

I just want my blankie and my books!

Same dude

MYSTERIO does a ghostly facepalm

A ghostly facepalm xD I feel like Ghost Mysterio is pretty consistent to real-life Mysterio :P <3

Crying, STRINGBEAN is left in the room alone.

Why do I feel so bad for her right now? cx

I love how dramatic this is. Why couldn't we have read this in class instead?? I don't have any other comments besides I love this, and I can't wait to read Part 3 :)

Vil says...

Thanks, star XD

I have loved your reviews on this. Also, thanks for the scriptwriter nomination <3

starlitmind says...

Yay, I'm so glad to hear! ^^
And of course xD and thank you for all of your nominations! c:

Vil says...

You deserve them!! =)

starlitmind says...

AWWWW THATS SO SWEET <3 AND SO DO YOU MY FRIEND <3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:19 am
SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

Hi! Spunky here!

Glows: Your usage of the words "Whazzat" and "confuzzled" amused me. Really funny.

"STRINGBEAN: (screaming) MOMMY! VILNIUS! SOMEONE! SHE'S GONNA KILL ME!

MYSTERIO: (confuzzled) I don't kill, I merely absorb all of your energy and take your body as my own whilst you become a ghost for all eternity. Why would I kill you?"

THIS THOUGH!!! OH MAN THAT IS FUNNNNY!

Grows: I'm gonna be really nitpick right here. You spelled unintelligible as "uninteligible". You just forgot an extra l.

And now, off to scene three!

Vil says...

Thanks for the review! <3

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights