Home » Literary works » Script » General

A Homework Carol, Scene Three

by Vil

SCENE THREE

Int. Sitting Room - Rocking Chair - Late at Night

STRINGBEAN's fire has gone out, and she is now wrapped up in a giant pile of quilts and blankets. She's cold nonetheless, and extremely scared. The ghost of an EXTREMELY OLD WOMAN passes through the door and pokes the sobbing pile of quilts with her cane.

SINESTRA: (still poking) Get up.

STRINGBEAN: (crying) No!

SINESTRA: (annoyed) I will cane you.

STRINGBEAN: (scared, looks up) Uh oh... (Quickly stands) Wait... Sinestra? Sinestra! Yes! You like me!

Sinestra: (annoyed, rolls her eyes) We need to talk.

STRINGBEAN: (shoulders drop) Uh oh.

SINESTRA reaches out and somehow takes STRINGBEAN's hand despite being a ghost, and together they jump out a window.

SINESTRA: (flying) As you very well know, I can do anything and everything because I'm mean. As such, I can time travel. Tonight, I am not Sinestra, but the Ghost of Homework past, and we're going to London in the year 1883. Not that the year matters, really, you'll just know that I was 13 and have absolutly no idea how old I am nonetheless.

STRINGBEAN: (scared of flying, also confuzzled) In English, please?

SINESTRA: (rolls eyes) If that wasn't English, then I am known for killing dragons on weekends. Shut up and watch.

The pair land beside a window on a snowy morning at a school hidden in London with magic. YOUNG SINESTRA is messing with potions while her instructor, STELLARJAY, is apparently yelling at her.

STELLARJAY: (angrily) You weren't supposed to make a love potion, girl, you were supposed to make a poison to get rid of the spiders in the attic for homework!

YOUNG SINESTRA: Pfft, spiders are boring... I want to kill dragons! I don't care about spiders! Spiders are boring, unless you use them in potions, or they're big and--

STELLARJAY: You have an F in my class, Ms. Hopkins-Jones! An F! And yet you're a genius!

STRINGBEAN looks between YOUNG SINESTRA and SINESTRA. She sighs and taps SINESTRA's shoulder.

STRINGBEAN: (sadly) This isn't fair. You're Sinestra.

SINESTRA: (pats STRINGBEAN on the head) Do your homework or else.

There's a flash of light, and STRINGBEAN is back in her pile of blankets.

END OF SCENE THREE

Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:08 pm
starlitmind wrote a review...

NEW SCENE WOOHOO

The ghost of an EXTREMELY OLD WOMAN passes through the door and pokes the sobbing pile of quilts with her cane.

I love the emphasis you put on extremely old woman xD Also, the image of poking a sobbing pile of quilts is just amazing

SINESTRA: (still poking) Get up.

STRINGBEAN: (crying) No!

OOH THAT'S YOUR BOOK CHARACTER, RIGHT? I love how you included Sinestra in this xD

and poor Stringebean, let her cry in peace, you EXTREMELY OLD WOMAN

SINESTRA: (annoyed) I will cane you.

Omg. Reminds me of BluesClues

I have the seamer reaction as Stringbean: uh oh

(p.s. you forgot to put Sinestra in all caps :p)

Just like in the book, yess!!! I love your informal language, it makes this funny - taking the hand despite being a ghost cx

As you very well know, I can do anything and everything because I'm mean.

Wow, I feel like this could apply to some figures we know...

Not that the year matters, really, you'll just know that I was 13 and have absolutly no idea how old I am nonetheless.

Ghost of Homework Past is awesome

Ghost of Homework past

I personally would capitalize "past" as well, since it's part of the name :)

Nice consistency in language xD

Omg Sinestra is really scary

OOH ITS STELLARJAY! and ew, spiders. and ooh, love potion

Oof that's rough

Yes, listen to the ghost, Stringbean xD

YAY BACK HOME IN THE FUZINESS.

I'm enjoying this so much, it's just so silly and the fact that you included YWS peeps makes this even better cx I just love the randomosity and fun of this series. Potato/10 would recommend <3

Vil says...

YES! I GOT THE POTATO RATING! YAY XD

Thanks for the review <3

starlitmind says...

HAHAH YESSSSSS XD

Of course <3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:28 am
SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

HELLO! Spunky here! Again!

Glows: I see were this is going...anyway, this is awesome! I love the scene where StringBean said "In English please?" and even though this is really brief (because it's a script) you're able to include so much detail and description. It really is incredible.

Grows: Again with the nitpicks. You spelled "absolutly" incorrectly. It's supposed to be absolutely. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the comma in,

"In English, please?"

is not needed. If I'm wrong, just ignore that.

Bye!

Vil says...

I need to read my drafts more closely XD

Thanks <3

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits