Diamond Rose with Loads of Screentone

by TurquoiseLion

Every pattern here is a new layer from Google Images... and it only took a few minutes. I know a lot of the stuff clashes so please do not comment on that. I would love to know what combos I should do next!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:07 pm
silverlady99 says...

Hey!... I think this is really nice... i just need to ask you, how did you upload it? I mean, there's this painting sorta thing, that I've been trying to upload for the past couple of days but have been unable to do so because it is not uploading....

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:25 pm
Jared wrote a review...

I think that the textures serve to be an interest contrast, and I enjoy overall detail you put in many different aspects of this piece. One of my only nitpicks is the white gaps between certain areas, but other than that, it's a really fine piece. I would be interested to see how it would look with different textures and contrasts.

Keep on drawing, I can see you have talent.

Thanks! This is super old lol

erilea wrote a review...

Hey, TurquoiseLion, whassup? Art? Well, I'll review it. I'm not too picky about what I am reviewing.

Firstly, I like how cute your character was. I am sure other people have mentioned the unusual colors in the past, but I won't hold it against you. One thing, though: your hair color is too dark of a red for it to be realistic (for me, anyway). You might want to change it if you can, maybe something lighter? I like how you showed texture though, and that is a nice skill. Keep working on it!

-wisegirl22

Thanks and I changed the eyes, they're blue now but i don't feel like editing this :3

Hi there TurquoiseLion! Niteowl here to review this image for Team Avada Kedavra this fine Review Day!

So honestly, I've never reviewed an image before, but I have to agree with Iggy. The use of color/texture is one of THE most important parts of an image, so I have to comment on it.
What I love:
-The face/body itself. She's way cuter than anything I could come up with in a few minutes. :P I love her hair color too.
-The tights.
-The boots. Even the color kind of works for me (and I generally dislike yellow). If you got rid of the plaid shirt, it would become the focal point and a nice pop compared to the rest of the cool colors.
-The jacket. Like I kind of want it right now.

What I'm not so crazy about.
-The plaid shirt. It doesn't work with anything else in the image. I'd suggest a solid top with the medium blue in the plaid.
-The skirt. It looks awkward to me. I think black would be better than the denim.
-Where is her nose? Like she doesn't even have a Frozen-style barely-there nose.

Overall, this is cute! Keep drawing! :)

Thanks :3 And she's supposed to have a sorta crazy style.

Iggy wrote a review...

Hello! Nice drawing. ;)

You can't really ask a reviewer not to comment on something :P we have to make a good review, don't we? There's only one image, so it's gonna be a bit hard to make a decent review with just one image to talk about, but regardless...

The tights are great. They're meant to look like the space ones, right? Let me see if I can find them... like these? If so, you did a great job with capturing the style. They look fabulous. :)

But yes, the shoes and the shirt do clash with them... the shoes because yellow doesn't really work with the tights. Cute type of shoe (boots?) but awful color. Try black; it's simple and doesn't take the attention away from the tights. They should be the main focus of the outfit, due to the striking appearance. With that said, the blue plaid shirt definitely doesn't work. A black top would look great, actually.

The jacket is cute, but I would say take it out. You can only have so much black and black shoes with a black top and a black jacket is too much. :P

I would also lose the jean skirt; I'd say no skirt at all. But if you want a skirt, you can go with something that would match the color of the stars. Nothing glittery; black works too.

I love her hair! Excellent color; purple looks great with red. And the eyes are nice too, a great match of colors.

I hope this helped. Nice drawing, overall. You did great. :)

This review was brought to you by

Thanks, but her eyes are blue now :3 and I was trying to make it clash, looks like I achieved that :3

Iggy says...

Well of course her eyes are blue now, this review was months ago. Can't expect me to know that. >_>

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson