Home » Literary works » Script » General

A Homework Carol, Scene Six

by TheScribe

SCENE SIX

Int. Bedroom - Stringbean's Bed - Morning

STRINGBEAN immediately sits up, flabberghasted. Ignoring the cold, she races to her desk downstairs, closes all of the WFPs and Docs, and checks her college work. Within three hours, her work is completed, and she goes to sleep. VILNIUS and SHADOW gently try to wake her.

SHADOW: (gently) Stringbean... wake up...

VILNIUS: (loudly) GRAMMY BEAN BEAN, YOU DIDN'T TAKE OUT YOUR DENTURES!

SHADOW: (sighs) Very funny.

STRINGBEAN: (snorts) Huh? Whazzat? Dentures? Sinestra? Gramma? Huh?

VILNIUS: (smirks) See? Very effective.

SHADOW: (sighs) Go finish making breakfast, or I'll rip up your Lord of the Rings One Volume Edition.

VILNIUS rushes into the kitchen and moves to the stove while a very disoriented STRINGBEAN just stares at them before falling out of her chair. SHADOW helps her up and takes her to the kitchen, where three steaming mugs of hot chocalate await her on the table.

STRINGBEAN: (happily, tears in her eyes) God bless the both of you!

END OF SCENE SIX

END OF SCRIPT

Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:42 pm
starlitmind wrote a review...

I'M SAD THAT THIS IS OVER

STRINGBEAN immediately sits up, flabberghasted. Ignoring the cold, she races to her desk downstairs, closes all of the WFPs and Docs, and checks her college work. Within three hours, her work is completed, and she goes to sleep. VILNIUS and SHADOW gently try to wake her

Oh my gosh, Stringbean, I am so proud of you. I need some of that motivation, please give it to me xD

DENTURES???

VILNIUS: (smirks) See? Very effective.

I mean, that's one way to wake someone up I guess xDSHADOW: (sighs) Go finish making breakfast, or I'll rip up your Lord of the Rings One Volume Edition.

VILNIUS rushes into the kitchen and moves to the stove

Okay I love how Vil is being threatened xD

I think that's the perfect line to end on since that's similar to what Scrooge says in the end; nice job cx

Okay so I really loved the creative premise behind this script. I never thought I'd be reading about someone getting haunted because she didn't do her homework, but hey, here we are xD I think this would be cool if teachers could read this to their classes, and maybe it'd scare people into doing their homework cx while also making students laugh, because this was ridiculous in the best way c:

But I need to know Strinbean's secrets. How did she complete all of her assignments in three hours?! Please tell me, and thank you ^^

This is just a suggestion, but I honestly think you could flesh this scene out a bit more. Maybe you could include teacher's reactions on her completing her homework, and show Stringbean in a very jolly mood, running around town cx sorta like Scrooge. This is just a suggestion, though! :)

I LOVE THIS SCRIPT A LOT. NICE JOB!!!

<3

TheScribe says...

@Stringbean, please reply XD

Thanks, star!!! XD

Stringbean says...

Oh gosh XD

Uhhh, so in regards to my secrets on completing homework in three hours.

You see, there's this thing called creative license. And it means people like Vil can take reality and mangle it. And this is how I get homework done in three hours :D

XDD

starlitmind says...

Vil, can you please take my reality and mangle it so I can get my homework done in three hours, please and thank you ^^

Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:30 am
SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

Hey! Spunky here for the final time.

Glows: The end is very satisfying. It's still funny, descriptive, and wraps everything up very nicely. You did a fantastic job with the "Homework Carol" and it was really enjoyable to read.

Grows: You have one misspelled word. "flabberghasted" is spelled without an "h". Besides that, I can't find anything wrong!

Goodbye, and God bless you!

TheScribe says...

Thanks for the reviews!

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg