Home » Literary works » Script » General

A Homework Carol, Scene Four

by TheScribe

SCENE FOUR

Int. Sitting Room - Blankie Blob Fort Thing - Late at Night

STRINGBEAN is still freezing, and she dares not sleep lest Sinestra return and cane her. She patiently awaits the next ghost, praying it doesn't come. Then--

MOMO: (appears in a flash of pink light) Hello!

STRINGBEAN: (frightened) AHHHHHH!

MOMO: (apologetic) Oopsie! Sorry that I scared you, but the old lady said I was next, and that we're gonna go flying and see some people you know and some people you don't know and--

STRINGBEAN: (paled with fear) Please don't eat me.

MOMO: (happily) Okay! (takes Stringbean's hand and jumps out the window with her) And we're flying, flying, flying through the air... kinda like sky bison! Or flying lemur-monkeys!

STRINGBEAN: (confuzzled again) Okay? I think? Maybe?

The pair stop on the roof of a house and peer inside a skylight, where VIOLET and her FRIENDS are enjoying a study session.

VIOLET: (nervous) Uhh... He... went to... uh... Shakespeare went to... no, he didn't go to college. So... trick question?

FRIENDS: (happy) Correct!

MOMO: See, Stringbean? Studying is fun!

STRINGBEAN: But it was a guess! She wasn't really sure, see?

MOMO: (disappointed) Fine... one more stop. And then I'l light your fire for you again.

STRINGBEAN: (excited) YES! MY FIRE! THANK YOU! I DON'T WANT TO FREEZE!

The duo go to a house on the other side of the city and peer inside. VILNIUS and SHADOW are quietly studying English together.

SHADOW: (nervous) Did I do this right? Grammarly keeps yelling at me...

VILNIUS: (reading) Looks okay to me! Grammarly is just stupid sometimes.

SHADOW: (smiling) Yeah, it is. At least you aren't Grammarly.

VILNIUS: I make the mistakes, too.

MOMO: (interrupting the scene by talking to Stringbean) See? Small groups work too and they can help build relationships. Study and do your work!

MOMO disappears and STRINGBEAN appears in her rocking chair. The fire is blazing once more, and she reaches for a quilt, bundles up, and goes to sleep.

END OF SCENE FOUR

Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:12 pm
starlitmind wrote a review...

HEYA VIL! <3

She patiently awaits the next ghost, praying it doesn't come.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but...

Love the flash of pink! xD and the cheerfulness is spot on

STRINGBEAN: (frightened) AHHHHHH!

rip stringbean

Omg I love this. Momo's kindness is portrayed very nicely here, and I love the end ranting bit cx I feel like this is actually Momo

HAHA I love how this is her response to everything xD Don't worry, you're not going to get eaten. I can't say the same about my potato though :( ...

OMG ATLA REFERENCES, I LOVE THIS SECENE

MOMO: See, Stringbean? Studying is fun!

I'm sorry, what did you say, Momo?! xD

YAYAYA THE RETURN OF THE FIRE

I initially read this as "And then I'll light you on fire" and was like, what xD

VILNIUS and SHADOW are quietly studying English together.

Good job, Vil and Shadow, I'm very proud of you guys

OMG A A GRAMMARLY APPEARANCE. THIS KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER

How dare you insult Grammarly like that xD although I agree, because of their "i" capitalization rule...

True, group studying can be fun. BUT STUDYING IS STILL NOT FUN XD

Yes, finally some peace for poor Stringbean cx

by the end of this, I hope she learns to study and do her homework! c: I say this every scene I think, but you do a good job of making the characters seem exactly like their real-life counterparts. And I love your flashbacks cx

I AM EXCITED FOR THE STAR AND POTATO SCENE IN THIS SCRIPT HEHEHEHEHEHEH

TheScribe says...

XDDDDDDD

Uh... Star, you and your potato are in a different script that I haven't finished yet! XD Sorry ;-;

starlitmind says...

OH OMG IM SO SORRY HAHAHAHAHA

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:35 am
SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

Howdy! Spunky here!

Glows: I like how STRINGBEAN shows that VIOLET wasn't sure about the answer, thus showing MOMO it wasn't the best example XD.

Grows: Nope, it's not another misspelled word! It's this sentence that I have a problem with:

"The duo go to a house on the other side of the city and peer inside."

Technically, it is correct, but it just doesn't sound right. I don't know why. But I think,

"The duo went to a house..."

sounds better.

No more reviews tonight LOL! I'll do the rest tomorrow!

TheScribe says...

Thanks, Spunky!

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer