Home » Literary works » Script » General

A Homework Carol, Scene Five

by TheScribe

SCENE FIVE

Int. Sitting Room - The Rocking Chair - Almost Midnight

The fire goes out as HARRY slithers through the cracks of STRINGBEAN's window. Hooded and cloaked, he is dressed all in black. His bony hands are fearsome to behold. STRINGBEAN feels the chill and slowly starts to wake.

STRINGBEAN: (drowsily) Momo, turn the fire back on...

HARRY taps her shoulder and she springs awake, jumping out of her chair and landing face first on the floor.

STRINGBEAN: (scared, hurt, breath very fog-like) Uh oh...

HARRY holds out his hand to help her up and then moves towards the window. Instead of jumping, however... he shoves her through the window. Stringbean falls to the ground and all goes dark. When she awakens, she can hear people talking about her.

VILNIUS: (sadly) Did you hear about Beany?

SHADOW: (sadly) Yeah, she failed her course because she wouldn't do her homework... got kicked out of college over it, had to sell everything just so she could find a place to live. My family won't let me go see her right now.

VILNIUS: (depressed) I can't go over there either... Chemistry work. See you tonight for our study session?

SHADOW and VILNIUS hug and part ways as STRINGBEAN quietly tries to follow VILNIUS. He is on his way to the library. EUPHORIA has already arrived, messing with her keys as she tries to unlock the door.

EUPHORIA: (sadly) Are you okay, Mr. Pelican?

VILNIUS sighs and shrugs, not saying anything. After the door is finally unlocked, STRINGBEAN runs up to tap VILNIUS on the shoulder-- but her hand goes right through him.

STRINGBEAN: No... no, no, no, no, no... (panicking) NOOOOOOOOO! VP! NO!

STRINGBEAN collapses to the floor, and all goes dark again.

END OF SCENE FIVE

Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:29 am
starlitmind wrote a review...

I'm taking a break from my homework to review A Homework Carol c:

The fire goes out as HARRY slithers through the cracks of STRINGBEAN's window.

NOO WE JUST GOT THE FIRE BACK and now it's gone :( I love how you use "slither" as it portrays Harry's Underworld style, if that makes sense :p

Hooded and cloaked, he is dressed all in black. His bony hands are fearsome to behold.

The Prince of Darkness indeed

Yeah, it's not cheerful Momo...

Oh my goodness, poor Stringbean is going through so much... I can't help but laugh though xD

OH MY GOODNESS HARRY, WHY DID YOU SHOVE HER XD I also love how Harry doesn't speak at all; it gives it a more creepy, scary feel. OH, and the future ghost in a Christmas Carol didn't speak either. I love how that correlates c:

Oh gosh 0.0

Ah, so this will be the final thing that will scare Stringbean into doing her homework xD ahhh I love this, that's hilarious

Yes, Vil, go do that chemistry xD I love how responsible you are haha

EUPHORIA ,THE MAGICAL 30 BOOK CARRIER. but aw, are you okay? :c

Well... I think the ghosts' planned work xD

This is such a fun twist and I love it so much omg. It's just so ridiculous, and I love how not doing homework has such a huge consequence xD like this makes it seem like homework is a life or death situation, which makes this script 100 times better :p

<3

TheScribe says...

Hehehe... How ironic XD

Thanks for the review, Star! <3

Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 am
SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

Let's just jump straight into it shall we?

Glows: This is really spectacular, and unexpected.

"His bony hands are fearsome to behold"

Ok, seriously though, I love this sentence! It's short, to the point, yet descriptive at the same time.

Grows: You used the word sadly a bit. Yes I know it was to describe how the characters felt, but it was still repetitive. Try to use a different word, like you did with depressed. This sentence

"I can't go over there either... Chemistry work. See you tonight for our study session?"

The "Chemistry" should be lowercase.
Also, I was a bit confused. STRINGBEAN died? or was expelled? I'm not completely sure which, so could you clear that up?

Bye for now!

TheScribe says...

Thanks for the review <3

Yeah, I need to clarify some stuff here XD

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn