z

Young Writers Society


12+

Frost Lark News 2/5/17

by sheysse


Frost Lark News 2/5/17

By Skyla Holt

"New Co-Mayor"

As of Wednesday, February first, Frost Lark now has Katherine Reeds as Co-Mayor. I'm sure everyone reading is well aware, because there was a huge celebration, as big as the one that ocurred after Mayor Clayton and former co-Mayor Harvey were inaugurated. Co-Mayor Reeds has been a member of the board of education for seven years, the most of all three members, and thus has many great ideas to improve schooling in Frost Lark. The first of which being add more members to the board of education, and to have their decisions take priority over the group of sentient frogs also in charge of running the school system.

"Frost Lark Flag"

Remember last week? When I said Frost Lark would be rebelling against the Bivoclar Lizards? Forget that. We are definitely not rebelling. Why would we? The Bivoclar Lizards are perfect rulers who dictate and approve every action our Mayor and co-Mayor suggest. So, don't doubt the Bivoclar Lizards, because they do everything perfectly. Also, they'll hunt you and your family, should you ever show disapproval of them, and they will torture you in grotesque ways that no one should ever undergo. However, they did approve our choice to make a Frost Lark flag... Currently it will be light blue with a white snowflake in the center. Remember to leave those suggestions!

"Social Relationship Advisory"

We at Frost Lark News have a few tips on what not to do so that you can remain socially in touch. We present celebration edition!

-Never be late to your own funeral

-Don't ask who died at a wedding

-Don't bring a birthday cake to a funeral

-Don't call the police when they sing Happy Birthday

-Never send a "Thank You" card in place of an "I'm Sorry For Your Loss" card

-Don't bring baby shower gifts to a Sweet 16.

This has been Social Relationships Advisory.

ADVERTISEMENT SPACE

Half Life 3 is out! It’s the game you’ve all wanted! It’s available on Xbox 3.14159265359, Steam, and Playstation 5! Now, we must tell you the huge “game” changer…. It’s not out. Psyche!

This message has been brought to you by Valve.

A citizen whose Mail Sender Name is AlexOfLigh t sent this to me, and I couldn't help show it to my readers!

ADVERTISEMENT SPACE

You look up and see the moon. (Fun Fact, that's a big rock.) Oh, how beautiful. (Fun Fact, that's an opinion.) Shining with such a majestic silver light. (Fun Fact for colorblind people, silver is similar to white. Hope that helps.) It has been hit with millions of asteroids and is covered with blemishes, yet it still is admired for its looks. (Fun Fact, the current count of asteroids that have hit the moon are 1,940,393,374,220,485.) So, don't let imperfection stop you from believing you are beautiful. (Fun Fact, this is written with Header 5, not Bold.) Your are beautiful, and you can't let society say otherwise. (Fun Fact, this message was brought to you by National Geographic.)

Survey Time. What color do you think Mars is?

a) Well, it's called the red planet, so...

b) It's Trademarked, wouldn't want to get a copyright strike.©

c) Blue, duh.

d) You humans couldn't pronounce it.

e) Exclamatory Remark!

"New Co-Mayor" (continued)

Mayor Clayton and co-Mayor Reeds have decided to focus their attention on two issues. The first is defeafing the Bivoclar Lizards that won't let me mention them in a negative way in any given print (they are fabulous. There, I said something nice). The second is the huge depression our town has fallen into. I hadn't noticed it, since it began whilst I was in that coma, but there is a horrible depression affecting most of everyone in town. The third issue is... Wait, a third? The third issue is getting Skyla to call them by their first names. Now readers, calling someone of high importance by their first name is very inappropriate, should you ask me. And so, I refuse to do it. Take that, Orlando and Katherine! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
104 Reviews


Points: 4417
Reviews: 104

Donate

User avatar
61 Reviews


Points: 125
Reviews: 61

Donate
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:22 pm
Feltrix says...



What exactly is a bivoclar lizard, meaning no offense to aforementioned bivoclar lizards?

Hail the bivoclar lizards.




sheysse says...


A Bivoclar lizard is a Bivoclar lizard. Any questions?

No. Drop asking questions, or the Bivoclar Lizards will find you.



User avatar
63 Reviews


Points: 17
Reviews: 63

Donate
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 pm
Werthan wrote a review...



This is the first one of these I've read. I think I can infer what's going on. It was rather funny. It didn't even dwell that much on the few dark things that were mentioned, which is a very cool and interesting way of handling that, since usually people just go like "dark humor everywhere!" or "you can't joke about that!" from what I've seen (except in much longer works, where there can be more internal changes). I will have to read more of these. Just make sure you don't get censored for writing fake news.




User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 1762
Reviews: 27

Donate
Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
DrLavender wrote a review...



Hey Sheyren! DrLavender here to do a review for you! Alright, let's get started!

The first of which being add more members to the board of education,


I'd recommend to say "The first of which is to add more members to the board of education". I guess what you have right now works, but I feel like that'd be something to make note of.

It’s available on Xbox 3.14159265359


Haha, clever use of Pi in this one!

A citizen whose Mail Sender Name is AlexOfLigh t sent this to me


I only point this out because of the spacing in the Mail Sender's name. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.

Your are beautiful, and you can't let society say otherwise.


I recommend using "You" instead of "Your" to start this sentence!

The first is defeafing the Bivoclar Lizards


I think you just had a small typo in this one! Instead of "defeafing", I think you meant "defeating"?

ut there is a horrible depression affecting most of everyone in town.


Instead of using "most of", I'd recommend using "mostly". I think it would just allow the sentence to flow much easier.

The third issue is... Wait, a third?


I only point this out because I don't think you need a capitalization in "Wait". It's not starting a sentence, nor is it a proper a noun - or a noun at all.

And that leads to the ending of my review! I enjoyed this news report and it looks like you have others! I suspect you must have backstory with the people mentioned in here and I'm terribly sorry I don't know of it, I just noticed this piece in the Green Room and it caught my interest! If you have any questions about my review, please don't hesitate to send me a PM or anything. Happy writing!




sheysse says...


Thanks for the review!



User avatar
61 Reviews


Points: 125
Reviews: 61

Donate
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Feltrix says...



3.1415926535897932384626433...

Didn't even look it up. My record is 51 digits. Oh, how far I have fallen.




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 308
Reviews: 52

Donate
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 am
View Likes
Sillia wrote a review...



Sillia here!

I wanted to move this along and give you a review :) I review while I read so sorry if this seems odd :P Anyway there is that necessary review now lets move onto the actual review haha!

This was actually really interesting. Is it part of a story or something bigger? If it is I would really like to read it. I especially like all the like billeted information, like this part;

Don't bring a birthday cake to a funeral



One question:
Now readers, calling someone of high importance is very inappropriate, should you ask me. And so, I refuse to do it.


I'm kind of confused by this. Do you mean like phone calling? or like calling someone by their first time is inappropriate if they are a higher class? This is the only thing that I was kinda stumped by so some clarification would be nice :p thanks!

That one is my favorite it kinda makes me laugh in a weird sort of way. I really like the part about not being late to your own funeral. So I feel like an idiot lol I went back and saw there are more of these. Just curious where did you get your inspiration from? It is a very unique way to write and I applaud you for it; I don't think I could. Other than that general mumbo jumbo I really liked it!!

Keep writing,

Sillia




sheysse says...


Thanks for the review! The thing with the calling was a typo... Meant to say by first names. This was inspired by the fictional podcast series Welcome to Night Vale. When I started it in August, I intended for it to be a fan fiction. But as I went, it became it's own thing.



Sillia says...


Thats awesome I love it :)




Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence