Pain Pain

by potatoefry2001

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

My silent screams go unnoticed,

My darkened dreams unchecked;
This emptiness is all consuming,
Will it steal away my breath?

Everything around turns to grey,
I'm not sure if I should resist;
As color slowly fades away,
This numbness only persists.

Silence can be so much louder
Than any spoken word;
So all these days will pass me by,
My thoughts still left unheard.

I thought my only option left
Was to end my precious life;
So I planned to step off of a ledge
Or make friends with a knife.

As I lay upon the blood-stained floor,
I wonder what I've done;
The devil looks in through my door
And steals another one

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm
AutoPilot wrote a review...

Hello 'Tato, welcome to The Young Writer's Society and congrats on your first star! Hopefully you're finding everything you need, but if you run into any confusion, or need a helping hand; feel free to dm me, or any of our mods! We're always happy to help :)

Now onto reviewing! You did ask me to review Hurt, but somehow I managed to end up here first.... It's okay, I'll probably end up reviewing all three of your currently published works.

I very much understand what you're saying here, where you're coming from. I struggle with a lot of mental issues, with a lot of stress, anxiety, depression, self harm, etc. I finally have no Plan. I'm just here, for better or worse. Regardless of whether or not you struggle with what you've written about, or are just writing from an abstract point of view; words like these stem from somewhere. Again, if you need an ear, or an empathetic, sympathetic friend, m figurative door is always unlocked.

Now.. On to reviewing the actual poetry.

Your formatting is good, you don't necessarily have a true AB rhyme scheme going on here, but the way you made every other line almost rhyme works really well. Punctuation in poetry is purely subjective. Some people use perfect, "acceptable," punctuation, while others use it sporadically to really accentuate what they are trying to say or show. I like how you used it, it works well. You've got perfect grammar, and no misspelled words. The only thing I have to point out is that there's a line space between your first and second line, right at the beginning, and that defies the formatting of the rest of the work here.

You're an excellent writer; honest, raw, open, real. Don't let those uncommon qualities slip away.

Great job, and keep on writing,
Autopilot.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 pm
Samhain says...

Hey Mack! This poem is amazing, and I do hope these aren't your personal thoughts...
With hopes that this is just a poem and not your inner thoughts, My favorite lines were the last two stanzas. They flow beautifully and morbidly and wow. Great job! Don't kill yourself. I'll be in the library tomorrow if it's open.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 pm
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...

Okay, first off, I have to say that I am crying right now. Next, I know where you are. I have been there myself. I was never actually able to self-harm in that way, but I did other things that were possibly worse. I did start contemplating suicide for a while, and I still battle a lot of things, it just wasn't as bad as it was before. You have definitely touched me, and if you need a friend, don't ever hesitate to Private Message me. I have been where you are now, and I totally understand. Hang in there, it will get better, I promise. Please, Please do not end your life.

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo