z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Mature Content

Nightmare Fever the Drarry Story

by fatherfig, mythh


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

'Once upon a time there was a wizarding school, and a forbidden love.'

I sigh marking the line out of my journal. "Hopeless, utterly hopeless. I've school tommorow and here I am scribbling nonsense in a journal in the dead of night."

I toss my journal across the room and roll over in my bed, thinking. I'm much to cynical to be a poet.Yet, as hopeless as I am, and as prominent as school is, with my fathers expectations over my head... I find poem verse berating my skull as I struggle to sleep. How I loathe the subject of my poetry. The scurge, the boy who lived.

--------

I am tired when I wake up in the morning, and I have another page to tear out of my journal. The loathsome toad, how dare he cast this spell. If my father finds even one of these sappy pages, I'll rue the day I met him. I pull on my wizarding clothes drowsily. It is too early to be thinking about that creature. Yet, I'll see him in the schoolyard I know. I can't avoid him try as I might...

I need Crabbe and Goyle to be vigilant to keep him away, but they are idiots and I won't spell it out for them. I won't. So I'll see him again... And what will I say? I will say what I always do. Oh god here he comes he makes my stomache lurch... All he has to do is not say a word ...

"Malfoy..." He hisses my name under his breath as he walks by.

I stiifen, I wonder if he can smell fear. I crinkle my nose and snarl a 'Pottah.' back at him. I don't want to go to potions class... I can see his desk from mine. I can see his stupid hair and his stupid glasses... I hate him. I hate his stupid eyes. What color are they even, can't they just be green? No they are some sub species of jade even his eyes are difficult to describe.

Meanwhile, Harry walks to the bathroom. He can think about nothing else. Why does he hate me so much? Because I'm in Gryffindor? Why can't we just be........ Friends...

He walks out of the bathroom, I'm there. He calls out. "Malfoy!" When I turn he raises his wand. "SECTUMSEMPRA!"

I stare at Potter wondering if I actually have just been cursed or if it was a figure of my imagination. Harry can smell fear? "Wha-" I feels a cut beginning on my shoulder blade. "Ow! Bloody hell! Are you mad!" Harry isn't standing there. Not anymore at least. He- he cut me... Why do I feel like my insides are rotting away... Am I crying... No. I am not. I don't cry.

Harry is back in the bathroom. He just closed himself inside a block and began to tear up. He didn't know how to control his feelings. He didn't know why he felt the way he did.

I frown deeply. I'm bleeding. This outfit is green, father will hurt me if I stain it. I walk into the bathroom and strip of the shirt of tunic of the outfit attempting to bandage myself.

Harry notices and walks out. He mutters a charm and my wounds instantly heal. He bends down and runs his hands through my hair on either side of my head. He begins to kiss me. Harry lies down on me and kisses me until he can't breath anymore but keeps it up as if to kiss me is to breathe.

My eye's widen. Is he trying to smother me? Did his first few attempts at murder fail? Why would he kiss me after hurting me? Should I let him? I shouldn't obviously. But if I stop him this will never happen again will it. Am I willing to risk being smothered over a folly crush? I pull away. "Harry... What-?" Wait, I said his first name. Crap. I said His first name... It never happened.. I said Pottah he won't notice... I clear my throat. "Pottah. What the hell...."

He suddenly pulls back. "Uh..uh...I'm...uh...sor....I...don..know.........uh...." Harry is sweating all of a sudden. He looks startled. "Sorry". He seems guilty and sad at the same time.

I stare back unsure of what to do at this point. I never planned this far. "You cut me and now you want to kiss? What the hell is wrong with you Pottah." That is not what was supposed to come out of my face, but it's out now....

"You don't have to hold it in. I know you feel it too... Or maybe its just me. Pretend this never happened. I...uh...Have to go. " Harry gets up and begins to walk away in haste.

"Pottah. Before you go."

He stops. He turns back. He looks pale. He looks at me and he opens his mouth to speak but leaves it open without uttering a word.

" I've never been kissed before. Not like that. I thought you should know..." I wring my hands staring at him not in shock anymore... My usual look returning. I smile slightly.

Before I can speak anymore, he walks up to me and begins to kiss me again. He pushes me towards the wall with my back against it. Harry removes his coat and unbuttons his own shirt and continues to kiss me.

My eyes widen and I do my best to look past his shoulder instead of focusing on it. His shirt is barely on that shoulder... I am a man of stone, I am frozen in time. I can't not kiss back but I can't make myself kis him either. Why is this moving so fast, from a standstill to this... I am dying, that must be why my heart is beating this fast.

All of a sudden, a shout can be heard out of nowhere. "HARRY!". It's Neville.

I jump my face redenning immediately.

Harry pulls back and looks sad. He says to Neville. "I'm sorry. No one can know." He raises his wand. "Avada Kedavra." Confusion washes over him. "I'm sorry. I don't know how that... That wasn't me!" He looked as if he were in shock.

"Did... did you just kill someone?" I suddenly feel cold... Harry doesn't kill people... Why would he? Everyone loves him.

"I..uh..did it for you........."

I blink. "Is that supposed to be helpful? Pottah?"

"I was afraid this wouldn't ever happen again if even one person knew. I don't want to lose this. I don't want to lose you. Draco.... I've been meaning to say this for sometime. I..I......uh..I...Lu....I love... I love you...."

"Not that anyone I know will miss Nevile...but Harry you can't just kill people..." The deep fear traces up my spine, something is not right.

"Back to being a child are you, Potter?" Its Snape. He looks at me. "Crucio!"

I fall to the ground withing in agony.

------

Harry wakes up to a blow to the head. A crumpled ball of paper lies in front of him on his desk. It's from Goyle. Harry is in shock. He sees Neville and goes and hugs him. Snape speaks in a calm tone. "I expect you to be done with all the year's assignments by next class Mr. Potter. No more penalties for you. CLASS DISMISSED!"

As they begin to leave Malfoy smirks at Potter, sending him cascading back into memories of the dream. But as always, he doesn't stick around past dismissal. He can only shake at the dream... Living through the eyes of his rival.... Seeing what he himself had done...

The End


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
114 Reviews


Points: 6228
Reviews: 114

Donate
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:30 am
View Likes
Necromancer14 wrote a review...



WHAT THE HECK. I mean, it was really good, but... yeah. It was interesting. And horrible.

Here's my review:

This was super crazy. I found it cool to be in the head of Draco Malfoy, but then it started to get really weird really quickly, with Harry murdering people and kissing Draco. I mean, this was bizarre. I quite liked it though. It definitely pulled me into the story, and it was a smooth read, too. It was also cool how you pulled it off in present tense.

'Once upon a time there was a wizarding school, and a forbidden love.'


Lol cue the ominous music.

The scurge, the boy who lived.


It's spelled "scourge" not "scurge."

he loathsome toad, how dare he cast this spell. If my father finds even one of these sappy pages, I'll rue the day I met him


This is ambiguous. "him" at the end could mean either Draco's father or Harry, and it actually makes sense for both of them, though more so for it being Harry than it being Mr. Malfoy.

his stupid hair and his stupid glasses... I hate him. I hate his stupid eyes. What color are they even, can't they just be green? No they are some sub species of jade even his eyes are difficult to describe.


I liked this part. It was very realistically Draco, and he does say stupid a lot, so this was a great little section.

He begins to kiss me. Harry lies down on me and kisses me until he can't breath anymore but keeps it up as if to kiss me is to breathe.


GROSS. I am not a big romance person in the first place, so this was disgusting. I'm also straight, so that makes it even worse, though just for me personally. However, the fact that you successfully grossed me out means that it was a good kissing section.

Is he trying to smother me? Did his first few attempts at murder fail? Why would he kiss me after hurting me?


Lol.

" I've never been kissed before. Not like that. I thought you should know..." I wring my hands staring at him not in shock anymore... My usual look returning. I smile slightly


Here I thought "uh oh, they're going to go at it again" and I was right.

Harry removes his coat and unbuttons his own shirt and continues to kiss me.


OH PLEASE NO YOUVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME

Harry pulls back and looks sad. He says to Neville. "I'm sorry. No one can know." He raises his wand. "Avada Kedavra."


It just gets worse and worse! This was fascinating, because everything just sort of spirals into horror and weirdness.

I blink. "Is that supposed to be helpful? Pottah?"


Exactly. What was Harry thinking?

Harry wakes up to a blow to the head. A crumpled ball of paper lies in front of him on his desk. It's from Goyle. Harry is in shock. He sees Neville and goes and hugs him. Snape speaks in a calm tone. "I expect you to be done with all the year's assignments by next class Mr. Potter. No more penalties for you. CLASS DISMISSED!"


And then the tension is released. I thought it was funny, imagining everybody wondering why harry was acting weird all of a sudden, randomly hugging Neville and all.

The End


Ah. The perfect ending.

Well, that's my review! I hope it was helpful.




fatherfig says...


XD I'm glad to see your reaction. It's exactly what we wanted.



User avatar
174 Reviews


Points: 3050
Reviews: 174

Donate
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 pm
View Likes
JesseWrites wrote a review...



This was based on Half-Blood Prince, so I love it. HP fan fictions are either terrible or amazing. Yours was quite good, but Drarry was something I have never shipped. This makes me ship it.

The point of view was dangling on the edge of changing. That was hard to differ between who was the main. My only complaint is that if you follow with the story so much than ruin it, why do it? Draco was with Astoria and Harry and Ginny. That was cannon like the other parts, but than put Drarry in it.

~S.M.Locke~




fatherfig says...


That is the point of fanfiction, the fan gets to change the story whatever way they want to write it. <3 I hope this was a fun read.



User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 4055
Reviews: 98

Donate
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...



Gonna leave my support for the first drarry I've read in yewis <3




fatherfig says...


<3 Thank you



trashykawa says...


Tbh I'm. Very very relieved it was a dream tho. Very relieved



fatherfig says...


XD I know. I love Neville too much.



User avatar
127 Reviews


Points: 2600
Reviews: 127

Donate
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm
View Likes
mythh says...



Lol, must've been a pain converting all the third person stuff to Malfoy's POV. Sorry...




fatherfig says...


No it was fun. <3 A pleasure writing with you. <3




More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes