16+ Language Violence

Hybrids: Chapter 9

by SkyVibes

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

All of them jumped at Leader’s voice. Sako tried to move as far away as he could from Leader. Yagi looked at his friend confused at his sudden fear. As far as he knew, Sako had only had one bad interaction with him.

Leader looked at them all and walked forward with two tall, strong men behind him, “I’ve come to see Sakuro. However, I didn’t expect to interrupt a party.” He said disapprovingly. “What are all of you doing here? Don’t you all have training to be doing?”

“We’re visiting,” Yagi answered flatly.

Branson cowered behind Victor when Leader looked at him. Victor held his head a little higher and stared at Leader. Leader scoffed at him and walked forward. Yagi protectively stood in front of Sako, “What do you want from Sakuro?”

“To do a test. Move aside.”

“I won’t move,” Yagi said. “Not until you tell me what you are going to do.”

He sensed everyone looking at him in shock for disagreeing with Leader, but he still did not move. Leader slapped him across the face and shoved him to a wall. Yagi crashed into it and fell to the ground with a painful grunt. “You will do as I tell you. I don’t need to explain myself.” Leader snarled as he stood over Yagi. He looked at Sako who fearfully looked back at him. “Restrain him” he ordered.

The two men behind Leader moved forward and restrained Sako even though Sako fought them the whole time. “No, please! Let me go!” He shouted. He tried as hard as he could to pull out of the restraints with his unhurt arm, but they wouldn’t release him or even budge. It didn’t help with how weak he was.

“Leader! You can’t! He’s not well enough! He has an injured arm, for crying out loud!” Doctor shouted over Sako’s yells for help. “Please! You have to give him more time.”

“Shut up!” Leader yelled at Doctor. He pulled out a small knife and pointed it at Saruko’s neck, “Scream again and I’ll make you mute, understand?”

Saruko stared at him with fear.

Leader pressed the tip against his neck. “Understand?” He snarled.

Sako gulped and nodded, “Yes…sir.”

Leader grabbed Yagi’s arm and went to cut it. Yagi yelped in surprise and flinched away. Victor stepped forward, “Wait no! He’s never tasted it before! Leader, it’s not safe.”

Leader glared at him and paused, “Let me remind you, Victor, that you and Branson are already being punished for your last mistake. Do you really want to add more to that?”

Branson grabbed Victor’s wrist, “Victor, just let him do it. He’s right. Sakuro will be okay.”

Victor stayed where he stood and Leader turned back to Yagi, “If you don’t move, the easier this will be.” He grabbed Yagi’s arm and Yagi fought to pull away but Leader was stronger than Yagi thought. He cut Yagi’s arm quickly, drawing a thin river of blood from it.

Victor turned away and walked towards the door with his hand under his nose and held back a cough. Sako groaned and cleared his throat. He coughed and black blood came. Panicked, he quickly wiped the blood away with the shoulder of his shirt.

Leader collected Yagi’s blood with a small, thin glass vial and turned to Sako.

“Hold still.” Leader ordered. Sako didn’t move and he didn’t open his mouth either. It kept it closed as tight as he could. Leader frowned, “Open your mouth. You think you hate me now but you’ll thank me after. Demons crave angel blood, you fool.”

Sako shook his head. “No!”

Leader grew annoyed, rolled his eyes, and grabbed his knife again, holding it to Sako’s throat. “Do you really want this to get difficult? All you have to do is be a good little boy and open. Your. Mouth.”

Sako looked at Yagi who was frozen in fear as to what was about to happen and then looked at Victor who was watching them with intent. Yagi realized that he wanted Yagi’s blood and he was fighting himself to not drink it.

Leader muttered something and put the knife down. He grabbed Sako’s jaw tightly. “Open you’re mouth. I won’t ask again.”

Sako swallowed hard and reluctantly opened his mouth. Leader poured a couple of drops into his mouth and took a step back. Doctor backed away quickly as Sako’s eyes started to fade to black. With the restraints on he reached as far as he could to get the vial and growled darkly. Yagi stared in shock when it seemed like Sako was no longer phased from the pain in his arm.

Leader smiled, “Amazing. Saruko, listen to me. If you want the rest of it, you must obey my commands. Stop moving and hold still.”

Sako reluctantly obeyed. He growled and in the process scowled enough to sho his canines were now more like fangs. Leader gave him almost the rest of the drops of blood. Sako didn’t let one drop go to waste. Leader pulled the blood away and looked Sako in the eye. “You will obey me, correct?”

Sako was breathing hard and nodded. He kicked his lips as he looked at the vial eagerly.

Leader looked at Doctor, “Release him.”

Doctor did and Sako jumped at Leader and reached for the glass that Leader held away. Leader fell to his back and kept Sako away as the demon reached for it. “Sako! Get back! Obey!”

Reluctantly Sako obeyed. Victor started growling but he cleared his throat to cover it up. Doctor looked around nervously and moved over to Yagi to give him some kind of protection from his friend, “Leader, you can't do this here. You have two angels and two demons. One demon of which has never had to train himself before. It’s too risky. We can’t lose another of them because of this ridiculous test. What are you even trying to prove?”

Leader stood back up and looked at Sako as he held the vial as far away from him as he could, “Stay there. Obey.” He ordered Sako. “I want to see if he like Victor, will obey when it comes to blood. It’s a funny thing that happens when all they think about is this blood. They become a loyal dog.” Sako took a step forward. Leader kept his eye contact with Sako, “Get back.”

Reluctantly Sako backed up and Victor came up behind Leader and snatched the small glass vial. Sako growled angrily and both half-demons fought on the ground, attacking one another for the blood. Sako tried to bite Victor when he managed to get the tall half demon on his back but Victor put his hand to Sako’s neck to prevent it. To anyone else it would have seemed like such a pathetic thing to fight over being there was maybe ten drops of blood left, but they fought over it like wolves over meat.

Victor kept fading out of his demon phase with his eyes going black and then back to normal when he blinked while Sako was completely focused only on that blood. Victor finally kicked him away in the chest. Now sako was on his back and Sako was struggling. The older half demon was stronger. Victor growled darkly at him. Yagi stared in fear of how dark the growl was. “Stay down, you child!” Victor yelled.

Sako’s eyes widened and he angrily stopped resisting. Victor stood up above him with Sako still on his back. He stared Sako in the eye before tilting his head back and finishing the last of the blood and then dropped the glass. He stared at Sako with delight. He licked his teeth showing off his bloody fangs and smiled darkly. “I win.”

Both boys stood panting. Victor licked his lips and wiped away any black blood left as he went completely back to normal. He stumbled back and panted even harder. Sako stayed in his demon phase angrier than before. He stood up and growled, prepared to attack. When Victor became aware of the coming attack his eyes faded to black again in the dominance reflex. Sako didn’t move seemingly debating whether he should attack or not.

Yagi -who had a hand over the cut the whole time- felt blood drip off his fingers drop by drop, slowly one right after the other. Sako glanced at him and then looked at Branson. “Protect him!” Leader yelled at Doctor.

Doctor stepped in front of Branson and Sako smiled darkly as in that second he jumped at Yagi. The half-angel braced for the attack by putting his arms up but Victor tackled Sako. After a minute of wrestling on the ground, Victor was on top of Sako with Sako’s hands pinned behind his back. Victor wasn’t completely in his demon phase but still had the strength to pin the untrained half-demon.

“Saruko! You have to control it!” Victor told him. Sako growled and thrashed to get free. He even tried biting, but nothing worked. Eventually, Sako’s hard breathing slowed and his anger faded as he retreated out of his demon phase. He looked at Yagi and met his friend’s terrified eyes. Sako froze. With one blink, his eyes were back to normal.

Grabbing a fistful of Victor’s shirt, Leader pulled Victor away and then yanked Sako to his feet and lifted Sako’s lips to see his teeth. “Figures your fangs didn’t stay.”

He pushed Sako away, making the half-demon stumble and then stormed out of the room with Doctor behind him yelling at him for his poor decision and putting the kids' lives at stake.

Sako fell to his knees after standing in shock. No one moved but all stared at Sako as covered his face as he shook with sobs. Victor walked over to him slowly and wrapped an arm around his fellow half-demon’s shoulder. “Saruko, it’s okay. It’s completely normal. From now on, every day you and I will train so that we won’t crave blood anymore, okay? You won’t lose control like that anymore.”

Sako still shook with sobs even though they had quieted down. Branson walked forward, “Hey, it’s okay. Victor tried to attack me. It’s just instinct. Everyone here understands. Victor cried too.”

“Oh, shut up,” Victor snapped. “That’s not helping him.”

“I never wanted to hurt anyone.” Sako managed to say. “I tried to fight it.”

Yagi still sat in shock still sitting against the wall. He could feel his heart beating harder and faster than it ever had. He wanted to comfort his friend but he also wanted to get as far away from him as possible at the same time.

He looked down at his cut arm and headed towards the door quickly. He didn’t feel safe being in the same room with the cut he had.

“Yagi, don’t leave. You should stay to help Sakuro.” Victor said. He took his arm off Sako and gestured for Yagi to come over.

Yagi shook his head and turned his eyes away from the three as he tiredly opened the door. He needed to rest. He need to think. He wanted to feel safe. “I need to leave.”

He was terrified of Sako. Especially since he was uncontrollable.

Yagi walked out put paused outside the door as he became lightheaded. Yagi stumbled down to a knee in case he fell and felt a hand on his shoulder. “Yagi…Do you feel okay?” Branson asked uncertainly.

Kaia wrote a review...

I have returned. :D
Hmmmmmm...So, I got a little confused with what was happening in the beginning because you had so many characters. I think I finally have Victor and Branson right, now, tho. :) I really love how you showed how difficult it is for the half-demons to control their impulses. Especially through Victor who is obviously a disciplined half-demon. I love how you mentioned their eyes fading between black and normal. That's a really cool detail!

The Leader is so cruel!! ;_: He just saunters in there, breaks up all the cheer and cuts Yagi and makes Sako go crazy. This guy is totally scary! And the fact that everyone obeys him? I was so glad to see Doctor stand up for Yagi and Sako, though. That added a nice touch. :) I also like how you showed that Yagi was scared of Sako, and didn't even want to really be around him even after he changed back to his normal form. That really shows something right there. Yagi doesn't trust Sako-this friendship is getting more and more strained. And neither of the two involved want this friendship to break up so they're still fighting for it, but it's really hard to see how the friendship will last....

That's about it for this one! Hope you have an excellent day!
-Kaia

MerleBlackbird wrote a review...

I knew this would happen!! It's super sad to see Sako and Yagi's friendship strained like this. It's especially sad to see Yagi forced to be AFRAID of Sako!!! Leader is an awful, awful person. I guess that's to be expected, but it's still dreadfully sad to see this happen. I seriously hope Leader gets what he deserves somewhere along the way. Annnnnd, needless to say, I'm still rooting for the boys' friendship to work out and weather through all the difficulties, however hard that may be. I really love how you have masterfully developed the friendship between Yagi and Sako, to the point that the reader really believes in it, even through all the difficulties that the two are facing now and will surely go through as the story continues. I still think these characters can beat their fate of being natural born enemies, and eventually develop a relationship that is stronger than ever.

I really have no complaints about this chapter, aside from a few small typos here and there. Your description has improved exponentially. At the beginning of the story, I did feel that you were maybe a little rushed - but it really feels like you took your time on this scene, carefully crafting the mood and planning out the dialogue. This was another very enjoyable chapter, and I look forward to discovering where Sako and Yagi's challenging adventure leads them next. Also, I hope at least something good came of Sako's inauguration into demonhood. Maybe he'll feel a little stronger or recover a little faster. :')

SkyVibes says...

I'm glad to see you are still into Hybrids! Thank you for reading and leaving a review!

Typos are my enemies lol. I will go back and read over to fix the typos and make it less rushed when I have the time :) Thank you for pointing that out tho.

-Mercedes

So now Sako is a fully fledged demon. I like that Victor is going to help him, that’s nice. It’s sad that Yagi is afraid of Sako. Victor will help Sako control his demon side, but Yagi is his brother. No one can replace him. I hope that things get well between them. I enjoyed reading this chapter.

I hope that you will have a very marvelous and spectacular day and night.

SkyVibes says...

I'm glad you like Victor. Does he seem like a flat character? I'm worried he's too dull.
Thank you for reading and leaving a review!

-Mercedes

vampricone6783 says...

Victor doesn%u2019t seem dull to me. Sometimes people are less likely to express feelings and Victor is one of them.

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi