16+ Language Violence

Hybrids: Chapter 7

by SkyVibes

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

Yagi felt so lonely as the days went on without being able to talk to Sako. Yagi had no one to talk to. He wasn’t used to this quiet. He missed Sako. Sako had been in the care unit for three days now. Doctor told Yagi that he would hopefully be back by tomorrow.

With no one to talk to, Yagi busied himself with some origami. He made a blue and white bird for Sako and wanted to give it to him. But since he couldn’t see him, he set it aside so that when Sako came back, he could give it to him through the vent.

The door opened and Doctor walked in. Yagi had been sitting on his bed making the last few folds for his newest origami fox. Doctor asked how he was doing but Yagi pretended he didn’t hear so instead Doctor sat next to him. “Did you make all of these yourself?” He asked Yagi.

Yagi nodded keeping his eyes focused on the paper fox. “Yes. I made those too.” He said, nodding his head towards the bookshelf where the others sat displayed.

“They are very good.” Doctor nudged the arm that had been hurt, “Nice to see your arm is all healed up.”

Yagi shrugged and finished the fox. He sat it on the palm of his hand as he looked it over making sure every fold was precisely where it needed to be.

Doctor sighed, “Yagi, I’m here because I was told you haven’t been eating or drinking again. You’ve also only been sleeping four hours or so a day.”

Yagi stopped for a second and grew irritated. He lifted his head and looked at the mirror. They were always watching him. How else could they have know that he only slept four hours a day? He scoffed, “Damn rats. Always telling me off to someone.” He muttered looking back at his fox. Inside he was silently laughing at himself for sounding a little like Sako for a second.

“Yagi, it’s not like that. There’s no reason to get all mad. We care about you. Especially right now since we know you miss Sakuro. But you can’t punish yourself because he’s in a care unit.”

“That doesn’t mean I need to be watched like a child. I’m fine. I’m just not hungry. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“Yagi, you haven’t touched your food at all. Your lunch is still on that table and you barely touched your breakfast.” Doctor said as he gestured to it. “I know you’ve been through a lot because of Sako, but you can’t do this to yourself.”

“Because it’s drugged.” He put the fox down and looked at Doctor as he sat back and crossed his arms, “Do you think I’m just stupid or something? Obviously, you guys want me to eat and drink and then get more sleep. You know I’m not going to do it willingly either so you try to trick me!”

Doctor frowned, “Yagi, you don’t have a choice. You’ll have to sleep whether forced or willingly. Have you seen yourself? You’re exhausted. Sooner or later you’re going to crash. Why not just sleep now before that happens.”

Yagi shook his head. “Please just leave.” Yagi said as he turned back to the fox.

Doctor sighed and picked up a paper butterfly that Yagi had finished. Yagi grew irritated and walked over to the door, “The door is over here. Leave.”

Doctor glanced at him and stood up after he put the butterfly down. “Yagi, you’re making this harder for yourself. You’re not thinking clearly.”

“I don’t want to sleep. Don’t you understand? There I admitted it and you wanna know why? Because I want to be awake when Sako comes back so that I can make sure he doesn’t go through all that again. Now get out!”

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. He stood up and reached into his cloak. “You’ll thank me later.” He said.

“Yeah? For what?” Yagi asked. He turned away thinking he was just reaching for his glasses. He tried to open the door for him but found it locked like usual.

As he went to turn around to watch Doctor leave, Doctor pushed Yagi against a wall and pushed a needle into his arm. Yagi pushed him away before Doctor could even pull the syringe out. Yagi turned around and pulled it out of his arm and threw it towards the door. “How dare you!”

Doctor put his hands out in an act of innocence and to be ready to catch Yagi if he fell. “Just relax, Yagi. Everything is going to be okay. You just need some sleep. I’m only trying to help you. You’re not thinking clearly.”

“No. I am. I’m fine. I need to be awake…for Sako.”

Yagi’s eyes started to feel heavy and he stumbled back with a shoulder against the wall. “I hate you.” He mumbled. He shook his head several times trying to shake it off. But it was pointless. “I hate you so much.”

Doctor walked over and wrapped his arms gently around Yagi and helped him to the ground. Yagi tried to push him away but it was pointless. He was too tired to accomplish anything.

Yagi felt hot tears fall down his eyes and he didn’t understand why. Maybe it was the lack of sleep that caused his body to turn against his will as his sleepiness became mixed with the other negative emotions he had been experiencing recently. “Sakuro needs me.” He mumbled tiredly, still trying to push Doctor’s arms away. “I can’t sleep. I need to be there for him if he needs me.”

“Just go to sleep, Yagi. Everything is going to be okay.” Doctor whispered. “Sako will be okay. I promise.”

Yagi tried to fight it but the drug pulled him farther and farther into darkness. Before he knew it, he could hear Doctor’s heartbeat as his eyes closed as Doctor pulled him closer, picked him up, and laid him in his bed.

“You have to get us out.” He mumbled to Doctor.

After that, everything went dark.

Stickied -- Sun May 21, 2023 3:37 am
SkyVibes says...

This could be the shortest chapter so far, but bear with me!
Thank you for reading!

-Mercedes

Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:07 am
Kaia wrote a review...

Heya, Mercedes!
I'm on mobile so expect crazy typos and no apostrophes, lol.

I really liked how you had Yagi making origami. This little detail says a lot. First, he is good with his fingers and precise. Second, he has a lot of time during which he is doing nothing, so he's occupying himself with origami. Just a detail to consider, tho, where did he get these nice colors? Maybe add a detail that he has a precious stack that he's hiding safe from anybody who could take it? Like under his cot or something? I just see this as being something really close to Yagi and I can see him being protective of his art and art materials. ;)

Also, I really loved how Yagi was going to leave an origami animal for his friend by putting it in through the vent, but wouldn't having the vent open allow Sako to smell Yagis blood? Or does he shut it with the origami on Sakos side? (Trying to figure out how this works, lol.) If you want to add the idea that Yagi has been doing this for a while since Saki left maybe have that Yagi adds the origami animal he's working on now to a collection already waiting for Sako in the vent? Just suggestions. ;)

We care about you

When Doctor said that, I was like, "Yagis going to explode. He's gonna be like 'You call this "caring"when you chain me up in a jail cell like this and experiment on us'" etc. Wow was I surprised when he didn't just explode. I thought it mightve been maybe a tiny bit out of character? Yagi just seems so irritable and frustrated, I think he might take his chance to snap out like that, but it's totally youre character. I was just surprised.

The way you handled the last part with Yagi trying to fight his feelings about sleep and helping Sako were spot on! I mean SERIOUSLY realistic. Nicely done!! Also, totally random but I liked the use of "hot tears" that worked really nicely to show his emotions of sleepiness and anger/frustration. Nice touch.

That's it for this one! See yuh in the next!
-Kaia

First Impression: Well this was a nice little sort of bridging chapter this as we wait for a proper verdict on everything that has befallen Sako and we get a glimpse at how Yagi is trying to process all of that. A short but very punchy little chapter that I think does its little bit of almost filler work pretty well.

Yagi was lonely. He had no one to talk to since Sako was still in the care unit. He wasn’t used to this still silence. He missed Sako. Sako had been in the care unit for two days now. Doctor told Yagi that he would hopefully be back by the fourth day.

With no one to talk to, Yagi busied himself with some origami. He made a blue and white bird for Sako and wanted to give it to him. But since he couldn’t see him without triggering the nausea, he set it aside so that when Sako came back, he could give it to him through the vent.

Well it looks like the whole escape plan situation is being pushed back pretty far here with all of those extra complications. Now I have to wonder if somehow the fact that all of these delays are happening will lead to Leader giving that order to kill Sako before they actually get a proper chance of escaping. That would definitely make things dire here.

The door opened and Doctor walked in. Yagi had been sitting on his bed making the last few folds for his newest red origami fox. Doctor asked how he was doing but Yagi pretended he didn’t hear so instead Doctor sat next to him. “Did you make all of these yourself?” He asked Yagi.

Yagi blew some of his blonde bangs out of his face before nodding. "I don't know who else would since I'm the only one here."

Doctor nudged the arm that had been hurt, “Nice to see your arm is all healed up.”

Well it looks like Yagi isn't in the greatest of moods there although the Doctor seems to be trying his best to get through to Yagi in what the Doctor probably realizes is a rather bad time for Yagi especially given what Sako ended up doing at the end of that one.

Yagi shrugged and finished the fox." Sako might still react to it." He sat the paper creation on the palm of his hand as he looked it over making sure every fold was precise and where it needed to be. He became nitpicky when he was anxious.

Doctor sighed, “Yagi, I was told you haven’t been eating or drinking again. You’ve also only been sleeping three hours or so a day.”

Yagi stopped for a second and got irritated. He lifted his head and looked at the mirror. They were always watching him. How else would they know that he only slept three hours a day? He scoffed, “Damn rats. Always telling me off to someone.” He muttered looking back at his fox. Inside he was silently laughing at himself for sounding a little like Sako for a second.

Well this is a fun moment here. We're getting a little call back to the initial big situation that we had in this story with Yagi's little rebellion and of course that little nod to the power of the brotherhood that Yagi and Sako shared is lovely too. I think you've done enough at this point to establish their friendship that we fell all of these moments quite powerfully.

“Yagi, it’s not like that. You have signs on sleep deprivation. There’s no reason to get all mad. We care about you. Especially right now since we know you miss Sakuro. But you can’t punish yourself because he’s in a care unit and you miss him.”

“I’m just not hungry. There’s nothing wrong with that.” He said as he went to fix the left ear of the fox.

“Yagi, you haven’t touched your food at all. Your lunch is still on that table.” Doctor said as he gestured to it.

Well that doesn't look great. I have a feeling the Doctor is going to have a much harder time trying to convince Yagi to have the food this time. Or at the very least the Doctor is going to have to concede a lot more before Yagi ends up agreeing to any deals.

“Because it’s drugged.” He put the fox down and looked at Doctor, “Do you think I’m just stupid or something? Obviously you guys want me to eat and drink and then get more sleep. You know I’m not going to do it willingly either so you try to trick me!”

Doctor frowned, “Yagi, you don’t have a choice. You’ll have to sleep whether forced or willingly.”

Yagi shook his head and sighed. “Please just leave.” Yagi said as he turned away.

Doctor sighed and picked up a paper butterfly. Yagi's blue eyes moved toward the butterfly and it immediately triggered his irritation caused from the lack of sleep. He walked over to the door and pointed at it while looking at the man still sitting on the edge of his bed. “The door is over here. Leave.”

Well that pretty much confirms that. Yagi is just not in any mood to be listening to anything and the confidence to literally tell Doctor to leave is quite the move there. It is very clear that either Yagi has managed to feel relatively comfortable with the Doctor to the point he think he can get away with this or more likely Yagi is in so much distress from everything that he just doesn't care for the potential consequences.

Doctor glanced at him and stood up after he put the butterfly down. He looked at Yagi, “You’ll thank me later.” He said.

“For what?” Yagi asked as he took a step back.

He pushed Yagi so his stomach was against a wall so that he could push a needle into his arm. Yagi pushed him away before Doctor could even pull the syringe out. Yagi turned around and pulled it out of his arm and threw it towards the door. "Did you just drug me?"

Well that was inevitable. If Yagi was going to go to that level Doctor would have had no other way of winning that particular argument and its clear that Doctor is going to get his stuff done and not let anything pesky like morals get in the way of any of that.

Doctor put his hands out in an act of innocence and to be ready to catch Yagi if he fell. “Just relax, Yagi. Everything is going to be okay. You just need some sleep. This will help you. I promise.”

Yagi’s eyes started to feel heavy and he stumbled back with a shoulder against the wall. “I hate you.” He mumbled. He shook his head several times trying to shake it off. But it was pointless.

Well it looks like Yagi feels a bit betrayed by that which is an interesting insight into some potential emotions that Yagi must've been feeling in relation to the Doctor in recent times but then also we just have everything seeming to catch up with Yagi a little as he becomes a bit helpless in this particular moment.

“Just go to sleep, Yagi. Everything is going to be okay.” Doctor whispered. “Sako will be okay.”

Well it looks like Yagi just has to succumb there. Looks like that drug there is a pretty powerful one that acts really quite quickly. Hopefully this does help poor Yagi since I do believe the Doctor genuinely did have Yagi's health in mind when he did this particular bit of betraying.

“You have to get us out.” He mumbled to Doctor. "My brother cannot die."

"I promise you, he won't. Not on my watch."

After that, everything went dark.

Ooooooh well isn't that a powerful promise to end on especially given how unlikely everything seems at the moment as far as that promise getting fulfilled is concerned. Well its certainly a powerful moment to end on. Its not quite a cliffhanger per see but its perhaps even more effective in making us very much want to read more.

Overall: Overall I really like this chapter. I think its just the perfect size for the kind of job that its trying to do and I think it addresses everything that you could expect from it after what happened in the previous one. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next chapter has in store.

Kate

The doctor just drugged Yagi?! Probably so he could go to sleep. If it’s anything bad, then… Yagi should have never trusted the doctor. Or maybe the doctor is finally going to free Yagi and Sako. I really do hope that they are both able to escape and go into the real world. Then again, they haven’t been out in a long time…who knows what will happen?

I hope that you will have an amazing day/night.

MerleBlackbird wrote a review...

This is SO SAD!! Yagi is really falling apart without his friend. It makes me want to cry what he said before he passed out. He's such a sweet friend! I really hope that Yagi and Sako's friendship ends up working out, even though they seem to be fated to be enemies. Well, I for one, believe in them!

Also this chapter was incredible! This is the sort of description I'm talking about! This chapter was so effective! I could really picture what was going on and it made the story vivid and so lifelike. I know writing is one of those things that sort of goes up and down depending on inspiration and interest, but this was a tremendous improvement - good luck on keeping it up! (I know that part is hard too) I have absolutely no complaints about this chapter, it was so so good.

And as an ending note for this short review, it is very cute that Yagi does origami. :-)

MerleBlackbird says...

Very well done!

SkyVibes says...

Heya!

Aw! I'm glad though that the chapter had the impact that I wanted it too.

And yes! I'm glad the description is better too!!

Yeah I figured I would give him a little bit of me for his character ;)

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)