z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence Mature Content

Jenny Fell And It Made For A Beautiful Betrayal

by MasterGrieves


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

Jenny fell and it made for a beautiful betrayal.


Everytime I passed the window

The curtains open in full view

I had visions of her all the time

Shown in full view

Pornographic windows for insight

Into a most niche lifestyle

Secrets within a mutual contract

When secrets were taboo to keep


Lies

Lied

Lies

Lied


I saw them in the cab and they mapped out all their plans

She never knew

And I saw them in the night when they mapped out all their plans

She never knew

And when the curtains disappeared and exposed her like her lie

She never knew

What would meet her in the lounge


She never knew, never knew

She never knew, never knew

She never knew, never knew

She never knew


(Jenny, jenny, jenny, where were you?

Where did you go? Was our love a facade? A platform for your temptation?)


I saw her Judas in his resting place

A cave fit for a brute and his kill

Had to tame for the beast for her sake

Then kill the prey with kindness


Jenny

Jenny

Jenny

Jenny


I saw them in the cab and they mapped out all their plans

She never knew

And I saw them in the night when they mapped out all their plans

She never knew

And when the curtains disappeared and exposed her like her lie

She never knew

What would meet her in the lounge


She never knew, never knew

She never knew, never knew

She never knew, never knew

She never knew


I had to drive that night

Carcass smell ripe in the trunk

Before anyone would find me

So I dropped off their deposit

Their contribution to the ditch

And drove all the way home

She never knew a thing

And perhaps that was for the best

Put down the most wondrous dog

With the most wondrous eyes

Old Yella was my wife

My wife tripped over the ledge

And broke her vows on the way down


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
130 Reviews


Points: 2109
Reviews: 130

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm
ScarletDreams14 wrote a review...



Hey there! Scarlet here, as you know It's review day.

You know what that means, time to review!

Nitpicks first...


- I know It's song lyrics, but I think punctuation is important even In this case.


The curtains open in full view

I had visions of her all the time

Shown in full view


- This bothers me and bit, your repeating words and that throws off the song tremendously for me.






I saw them in the cab and they mapped out all their plans

She never knew

And I saw them in the night when they mapped out all their plans


- Again here, you repeat some words and It throws off the vibe. It's okay In the chorus but not so much here.



Other than that I actually really loved this; Here's my favorite part...

She never knew a thing

And perhaps that was for the best

Put down the most wondrous dog

With the most wondrous eyes

Old Yella was my wife

My wife tripped over the ledge

And broke her vows on the way down


Very strong and elegant ending, makes it worth while. I love the storyline and how you put this together.

Excellent job, keep writing!


Image

Sincerely, Scarlet; Member of #0000BF ">Team Aqua!


clubs/1983 - #0000FF ">Team Aqua Headquarters




User avatar
463 Reviews


Points: 12208
Reviews: 463

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:54 pm
megsug wrote a review...



Alright...

Like Hannah, I'm a little confused, but I think that I understand a little more than she did.

The speaker in this song was admiring a girl who got in with a guy who wasn't good for her. They guy she was with... raped her? Perhaps even tried to kill her but the speaker stepped in. The speaker killed the guy and killed her in a kind of mercy killing? The mercy killing is why I'm kind of leaning towards rape. At the end it kind of sounds like you're comparing Jenny to a dog which has all kinds of social implications. However, the end is also where I get confused, so I could be way off. However, dogs are loyal, so if Jenny is in fact the dog then with the Old Yeller reference you may be implying that she turned on the speaker like Old Yeller did to its owners when it got rabies. Rabies kills the dog, so Jenny died by doing something that broke promises she had made to the speaker.

...That almost makes sense. I'm kind of proud of myself.

I think the way to make this more understandable is to make the identity of your speaker clearer. Who is this person speaking?

I think with that puzzle piece everything else would fit into place easier.

This definitely made me think XD

I hope this helped in the slightest,
Megs~




User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 3558
Reviews: 131

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:58 pm
Sunshine wrote a review...



Hi! This is Sunshine, of Team Plasma, here to review for you today!

The first thing I noticed was the title, and that's what really drew me to this piece. However, it seems a tad long for a song title. Song titles are usually shorter and catchier, more meaning shone through the song. (This might just be me. It's a good title, but lengthy. Can you imagine someone saying 'Jenny fell and it made for a beautiful betrayal' is my favorite song?')

Moving on.

The refrains here are great; they really make the song seem like a song. The thing is, I feel like too much faith is placed on them to make the song a song. The rest of the song seems poetic, but maybe a bit too much so. I couldn't really sing it to myself; I would just fall back into a poetic refrain and sing the chorus. I think the story-stanzas come off a bit wordy, and that wordiness makes it hard to imagine them in a song. The words aren't just falling off my lips, they come a little rough.

Unlike Hannah below me, I think the song makes good sense until the very end. Ends are so important in leaving the listener, in your case, with a certain vibe. I ended sort of confused. Why are we talking about a dog all of a sudden? Is the dog metaphorical for Jenny? The last two lines leave the haunting refrain like they're supposed to, but the dog part is just really distracting. With all the talk of people and events, carcass is a surprise, but throwing in 'dog' seems excessive.

Okay! Good luck in all your future endeavors! Hope this review was helpful for you today!

Image




User avatar
1334 Reviews


Points: 25864
Reviews: 1334

Donate
Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 pm
View Likes
Hannah wrote a review...



What.

I thought I had it figured it out.
The first time I read through, I thought this guy was just watching a girl in his neighborhood and then saw her with a guy that she never knew would kill her.
Then suddenly he's the one stuffing some body in his trunk, and so I was like, what, did he kill the guy who was going to get her? But then in the end suddenly you're like "my wife was a dog, and so she tripped and broke her vows (but more like her neck)", so then I feel like the speaker killed his wife.
THEN I tried reading the poem backward, and I was like "ohhh, he saw his wife go to the lounge with some other man so he got angry and killed her, ohh, I totally get it now", except then I get back to the first paragraph where he's watching someone through the window, and that couldn't possibly be his wife so what in the world is going on!?!?!?

D:

Since I don't know what the story is, I feel like I missed out on the whole point of listening. So obviously my suggestion would be to try to clear up what the plot actually is.

I also wonder what this sounds like with music, and even though some of the phrasing is awkward, I can't necessarily critique it because it might sound fine when put to a melody. Is there any way you could like record your version of this song so I can give my opinion as to whether, for example, "a platform for your temptation" is too stuffy for the song or whether it fits in?

Haha, I hope some of these thoughts turn out to be helpful for you!

PM me or reply to the review with any questions/comments you have!

And please keep writing~ Good luck!

This review courtesy of
Image




User avatar
184 Reviews


Points: 36
Reviews: 184

Donate
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm
View Likes
RoyalHighness wrote a review...



Royal Highness has arrived to review!
So this is really haunting and beautifully done, so let me get started on this very short and complimentary review!

No nitpicks! The repetition got a little much, but I understand it's a song and that's the new style of music now, so it probably sounds better than it looks!
One note on the repetition: Before the second refrain, do you think you could add another verse that's different? Because you only have the one and it's quite short and I just think if you added just one more little stanza, it might break up the monotony a little.
That being said, I get that there was a story you're trying to tell here, but I don't think I quite got it until the very very very very end, at the very last two sentences. I don't know whether I like that or not... But, hey, kudos to those last two lines cause they punched me square in the face and it was awesome.

So overall, this was pretty good... A little repetitive and I think you could flesh out the story a little more but overall pretty good. I'll give your lyrical prose thingy seven stars out of ten. Great job!





The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus