refresh your car

by Brigadier

Ishan212 wrote a review...

LordWolf
Hi, I am Ishan and I am here to review your poem called, "refresh your car". So here we go.
Well... an awkward topic, which I may not call weird, but it was one such topic that a lot of people won't write on.

If you want to give any philosophical message by your poem, atleast I did not understand it.
A" General", "General" poem , is "refresh your car" about a car that one drives through a forest or it has much to read and interpret,
A lot of times what we feel and what pen down doles not reach the readers the way we want or the way we expect the literary work to.

This was my first review. after an year.

A great poem!!!
Keep Writing!!!!
Ishan212

FruityBickel wrote a review...

hm.

this was interesting to read, as your poems always are. the imagery is a bit confusing:

windows rolled tight but provide no defense to the gas that billows through invisible holes

So is the stench/gas coming from inside or outside the car? both? neither? is it imagined? or maybe its supposed to be confusing?

it just clicked in my head that 'car' is a metaphor for your environment - when things "stinking up" your "car" gets to you/your mind, refresh your 'car' (situation/surroundings/processes). Thats how I'm interpreting it, anyway.

I'm also not sure how i feel about the formatting of the poem. There's no line breaks and no clear, erm, progression, almost? It doesn't really read like a poem but more like an excerpt.

The coloring and font size of the last line is quite bold. This entire thing reads almost like an advertisement for a car cleaning company, haha.

Overall a good poem, even if a bit confusing. way to go.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale