18+ Language Mature Content

Delta - 17.1

by Brigadier

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

January 2, 3588 – nearing midnight in the absence of a watch and sitting with a lover

“Well, Ehri, it’s getting rather late. I should be on my way.”

Cara rose from her spot on the seat cushion across from Harry and beginning collecting up their belongings that had been brought from the basement at differing times. Harry had been home for almost a day now, and all she had done was spent the day with Cara in an official scenario. She had really wished to talk about their little situation and with the revelation of how Cara was, it really wouldn’t change their own prophecy. It might have predicted for Harry to be a warrior but her arrangement to this person wouldn’t have changed by the definitions of the kingdom. Harry had already prepared an argument involving the Duchesses of Lilya in the case the topic came up.

“It’s not that late and I always have time for you.”

Harry stretched her hand out, grabbing ahold of Cara’s and bringing them back to the cushion they had just jumped from.

“Really, it’s not appropriate, your majesty.”

“What the fuck are you talking about? Your fucking majesty? What happened to you?”

“Nothing. I’m just giving you the respect you deserve.”

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Huh?”

The anger was starting to rise throughout Harry’s blood and she felt her hand rising up to the sky, finalized by when her fist struck into the windowsill and let out a small shock to everyone in the room. The lizards roosting in the edges of the curtains around the vines that Cara had brought from her laboratory, flew off in a swift motion. A laugh escaped from her lips at the sight of their leave. Thinking of lizards being able to fly was something she had so missed.

“You swear and laugh at me, Ehri? And you want me to sit here and keep being attacked?”

Harry pointed up to the ceiling while saying, “I was laughing about the lizards. They didn’t have many nice animals in Sector 5.”

“Oh. That’s pretty…terrible.”

“I have missed you and our situation hasn’t really changed that much, I mean just look at the Duchesses of Lilya. It’s not like your – our – kingdom is really against that sort of thing. And especially my ‘aunt’ swings certain-”

Harry’s side of the debate was interrupted by a set of lips being placed on her own in a motion that she wasn’t used to. There had been plenty of people in the past two years, but most were not much for the beginning sections. Her reaction time was a bit slow, causing Cara to back away onto her cushion and put back together the blouse she had been unlatching. A flurry of thoughts ran through her mind, but she still didn’t say it quick enough.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have done that. I will be going now.”

“No. please don’t. I just wasn’t expecting that sort of thing from someone like you, who is usually more of a fan of taking things extremely slowly. You know with the trees and animals and stuff.”

She was starting to stumble through the words and doubting the issue would resolve itself in any manner that would protect them from sort of embarrassment. Harry kept her hand on Cara’s before the other had another chance to go elsewhere. All that she had experienced told her that she shouldn’t approach topics like this in a physical way, after the marine that had asked for the black eye.

“You don’t have to pretend to feel anything for me, I just thought it was going that wa-”

The fates had decided to follow in the pattern that Cara had already created by starting the scene that way. Still going against everything that she knew and all of the variables of the situation, Harry took the standing position of Cara into a sweep that she had only seen in the western movies and had never actually practiced in the real world. An odd weight was starting to occur to her and also the lack of strength that was within her arms, moving the whole kit and caboodle against the four-poster bed, for some sort of support.

“You still don’t need to do this,” said the voice beneath her as Harry was leaning over the person, while trying to decide what she should do. She had done different things with different people with different accessories, sometimes causing issues for the people around her. But it wasn’t the task of dealing with the person in the practice, it was analyzing the fact that this was The Person and how this was really, really against the code of conduct. All sorts of thoughts were running through her mind while putting the plan together, sticking to a general amount of her lips against a generally good ratio of skin between them.

It was a bad idea.

Which was slowly starting to occur to her as a set of fingers were working on the convenient buttons on her shirt, instead of the messy motion of carrying it over an odd blockage and more maneuvering. One pair of pants went somewhere, with Harry’s pair being carefully folded on the ground. With even the moment that she was entering into, it occurred that she should keep it as organized as possible as the event went on.

As the other set of lips met with her own again, the thought ran back through Harry’s mind…

This is a bad idea. I should get out of this situation and run away and stop doing this.

Still there were the hands that were around her waist and pulling her further into the bedspread, existing with actual emotion, rather than just fulfilling a point. It was once again a feeling that she wasn’t used to and she still didn’t have a plan that would please anyone, maybe not even herself. And scanning through the mind of the person rested before her meant that they didn’t have a single clue either.

This is a bad idea.

Even for a princess.

keystrings wrote a review...

Hello again - I've mostly caught up with this story to at least here, so let's get this out of the Green Room.

One thing to start - I honestly really appreciate the titles on all of these - they're rather helpful to remind the reader, especially when they're pretty straightforward like this one is. Thank ye.

I think Harry as a character is so interesting to follow whether she's in the "present" or a few (hundred if I'm remembering correctly) years in the past. Her background as a princess in a crazy situation with her sister being turned against their family only adds to her current personality as someone who didn't care about being labeled "royalty" and wasn't afraid to go after what she wanted.

Here, she does seem younger, slightly more innocent, such as in the way she admits it was probably a bad idea to get involved with Cara, but she falls for the other either way. I think it's neat to look back at a different version of Harry readying herself to battle Cara in why they could be together, and dismissing the other's attempts at showing her "respect."

I do find it interesting as well by the fact that this is a past relationship (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in how this ends and affects Harry in the future), yet I'm rooting for this to work out somehow as well. It's nice to have something to hope for, especially when it could be a relationship that both sides seem to want.

Overall, I think this arc is an intriguing part of this story, and I'm excited to see where it goes.

AlexaBWill wrote a review...

Hey, there!

Starting off, there are a few odd things as far as syntax and grammar, but overall, I think it's a good opening. Nothing is overwritten, the descriptions make sense and are concise, you do a good job of setting the stage, etc.

Now I'm not sure what time period you're going for, but I wouldn't think many princes (in any time period, for that matter) would say "fuck" that many times, so I'll be honest, that threw me off and took me out of the story a little bit.

Honestly, this work is just kind of confusing, which might be due to the fact that I haven't read the rest of it, but even so, it feels a little scatterbrained.

The actual plot and characterization are actually pretty decent, I think the way you write it is a bit jarring, though.

As the work goes on, though, and things escalate between Harry and Cara, it starts to get better. The descriptions begin to feel more natural and the pacing and everything makes more sense, so I'm thinking you might just have an issue with dialogue and incorporating it.

I really do think there's something compelling about the work, and I think the characters and plot could be interesting, I think you just need to work on some more technical things as far as flow.

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm a sucker for "we're totally in love but there are Rules Against This and at least one of us feels like we Can't even though we Both Want To" but I'm wondering when Harry met Cara? Like when were they lovers? Harry's been gone since she was ten, unless they met somewhere out in the universe in between times.

or you could just keep doing this like I know I ship Harry and Will SO MUCH but this is way in the past and I'm a sucker for a tragic love story and right now I'm shipping this.

Omg this is where you're leaving me? With "this is a bad idea, even for a princess?" Really? For the first time I'm actually glad I'm several chapters behind, because I know the next bit is most likely going to continue this scene, although it could theoretically cut away, in which case I might scream.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare