Home » Literary works » Script » General

The Free Roamers- Untameable

by Little Texas

ok, im new, and this is just a current script that i'm workingon, still unedited though, and it gets a bit violent and all at the end, hence the PG 13, but mostly its just a nice one, its still unfinished, tell me what you think.

Characters:

Gem Ford: Ò

Ÿ A fifteen-year-old female, blonde hair, blue eyes, wears dresses only sometimes, most likely in overalls or buckskins.

Billy Smith: ®

Ÿ An eighteen-year-old male. Oldest son of the Smith Ranch. Black hair, brown eyes. Wears Telegram uniform.

Sam Ford: ®

Ÿ A seventeen-year-old male, older brother of Gem Ford. Brown hair, blue eyes, Deputy of Eagles Pass.

Elizabeth Ford: ®

Ÿ A thirty-five year old female. Mother of all the young Fords, wife of Harrison Ford. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Wears dresses according to their fashion in the late 1800’s.

Harrison Ford: ®

Ÿ A forty-year-old male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Father of all the younger Fords, husband of Elizabeth Ford. Wears ordinary work clothes. Is a Rancher on a twelve thousand acre ranch.

John Ford: ®

Ÿ A nineteen-year old male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Oldest brother of all the Fords. Texas Ranger.

Paul De Pedro: ®

Ÿ An eighteen-year-old male. Texas Ranger. Spanish American. Black hair, black eyes.

Rose Ford: ®

Ÿ A nineteen-year-old female. Oldest sister of all the Fords. Wears dresses according to their fashion in the late 1800’s. Strawberry blonde hair, straw coloured eyes.

Cortez Jamison: ®

Ÿ A twenty-year-old male. Outlaw near Eagles Pass. Bronze hair, brown eyes. Wears riding clothes of the Western Frontier.

Cody Ford: ®

Ÿ A Thirteen-year-old male. Second youngest Ford boy. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Wears cowboy clothes.

Jake Ford: ®

Ÿ A seven-year-old male. Youngest of the Ford boys. Wears ordinary boy’s clothes, brown hair, and blue eyes.

Jason Smith: ®

Ÿ A seven-year-old male. Youngest son of the Smith Family. Wears ordinary boy’s clothes. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Jenny Ford: ®

Ÿ An eighteen-year-old female. Second oldest Ford. Brown hair, blue eyes. Wears fashionable schoolmistress clothing.

Fawn Reynolds: ®

Ÿ An eight-year-old female. Sensible clothes. Green eyes, red hair.

Herbert Harris: ®

Ÿ A seven-year-old male. Ordinary boy’s clothes. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Sarah Ford: ®

Ÿ A seven-year-old female. Youngest girl in Ford family. Blond hair blue eyes. Sensible clothes.

James Hartforce: ®

Ÿ An unknown, but definitely old age. General Store owner. Curious identity.

Lilly Hartforce: ®

Ÿ An unknown, but definitely old age. James Hartforce’s wife.

Logan Williams: ®

Ÿ A ten-year-old male. Ordinary boy’s clothes. Son of the William family. Blue eyes, hazel hair.

Rebecca Smith: ®

Ÿ A thirteen-year-old female. Feminine clothes. Only daughter of the Smith family. Chestnut hair, brown eyes.

Matilda Leonard: ®

Ÿ A ten-year-old female. Sensible clothes. Twin of Jacky Leonard. Brown eyes, black hair.

Jacky Leonard: ®

Ÿ A ten-year-old female. Sensible clothes. Twin of Matilda Leonard. Brown eyes, black hair.

Roberto Honoria: ®

Ÿ A twelve-year-old male. Ordinary boy’s clothes. Son of Julian Honoria. Blue eyes chestnut hair.

Setting is in Eagles Pass Texas, in the late years of the 1800’s. Town is small, dusty, containing one saloon, sheriff’s office, jail, general store, barber, livery, bakery, and butchery. Horses, freight wagons, and carts flow frequently through the town, including cattle, and captive mustang herds. Everyone lives by the Code of the West. There are sometimes gunfights in town, under the genre of knife throwing, and punch ups in or outside the saloon, though it can be somewhere else, depending on their moods. General rodeos in the outside of town, only specific hangings, many court trials.

EXT. BY RIO GRANDE. GEM AND BUCK. TRACKING.

GEM: I wonder where that mutt could have gone. Sarah’s going to be devastated if she comes home and finds him missing. Why me? It’s always me having to go and find him. Sky! Here boy! (Whistles.)

BUCK: snorts loudly. Paws the dust.

GEM: What is it boy?

SAM: I swear that Mustang is a better guard dog than Sky.

GEM: Sam! What are you doing here?

SAM: Looking for you, cowgirl.

GEM: Looking for me? What for?

SAM: Well, Mama just sent Cody into town…asking for you. And I suppose you know what that means?

GEM: She doesn’t know I’m out here?

SAM: Correct.

GEM: So what are we doing standing out here for? Let’s go back to town!

SAM: Exactly what I was thinking. But what about Sarah’s mutt?

GEM: He’ll be back. He’s just got to smell some meat and he’ll be first in line at the kitchen door.

SAM: You sound so confident. What’s your secret?

GEM: That. (Points to Sky clambering on homewards.)

SAM: Oh. Right, I’ve got your point. But what’s that behind him?

GEM: I don’t know, it looks like a…oh no.

SAM: What? What is it?

GEM: Let’s go!

SAM: Where? Gem? What is it?

KICK HORSES INTO GALLOP AND RACE ACROSS PLAINS TO DOG. GEM GRABS HER COLT 45. AND AIMS. SHOOTS COUGAR. BOTH DISMOUNT. DOG RUNS TO THEM.

GEM: Well. That’s finished then.

SAM: I should say so. How many times does Pa have to tell you not to shoot while you’re riding? You could make an accident. You’re just lucky you have a good eye, shouldn’t you say?

SKY: barks once.

SAM: (laughs) I can tell you’re his heroine, Gem.

GEM: Really? How?

SKY: barks again, and then sits loyally at her feet.

GEM: Alright, I get what you mean. Stop teasing you two! I better get on home now, though, Sam, so as soon as this little mutt gets up onto my saddle, I’ll be on my way.

SAM: Ok. Need any help on doing that?

GEM: Have I ever needed help from anyone before?

SAM: Not that I can remember.

GEM: Then let me get on. You probably have enough on your hands in town, am I right?

SAM: Right as always! (Laughs again, mounts up, and turns his horse back to the town‘s direction.) Now remember, sis, you‘re not allowed to shoot while you’re riding. Understood?

GEM: Understood, Deputy Sam.

SAM: Good. Now Adieus, Miss Ford, I’ll see you at lunch.

GEM: Goodbye, Sam.

SAM LOOKS BACK AND TIPS HIS HAT, BEFORE GALLOPING OFF.

GEM: Ok, c’mon now, you mutt! (Lifts the collie up onto her saddle horn, mounts up herself, and breaks Buck into a gallop the opposite way Sam had gone.) Let’s go.

END SCENE ONE. GO TO SCENE TWO.

INT. FORD’S KITCHEN. ELIZABETH, JENNY, AND ROSE, ARE COOKING, CLEANING, AND TALKING.

JENNY: (Looking out the kitchen window from drying a plate.) Mama, I can see Gem. It looks like she must have found Sky, because he is on her saddle’s horn.

ELIZABETH: Well! That’s certainly a relief to me, and Sarah, I’m sure.

JENNY: I do not see how she can get as absent minded as not telling you she was going to look for him, Mama.

ELIZABETH: Neither would I know how any girl actually likes wearing trousers and riding horses astride. That girl of mine has all that she needs to get married to a wealthy man, but she just isn’t the type to settle!

ABBY: Mama, Gem does have it to settle, and when the time comes, I’m sure she will, too. I can tell that she’s beginning to slow herself down.

JENNY: And how could you tell that Rose?

ABBY: It’s pretty clear, Jenny. She would’ve stayed in the canyons if she weren’t, but no, she’s chosen to come home.

ELIZABETH: Rose, how you come to know so much about your family is no clue of mine. I’m telling you girls; you all amaze me every day.

(Knocking coming from the door.)

ELIZABETH: Now who could that be?

ABBY: It’s not Gem. She would never knock.

JENNY: I’ll get it. I’m half done already, anyway. (Walks to the door and opens it, where a young man is standing on the porch.)

YOUNG MAN: How do you do, Madame?

JENNY: Oh! Well, I’m fine thank you. But who are you?

YOUNG MAN: I’m Cortez Jamison.

JENNY: Would you come in, Mr. Jamison?

ELIZABETH: What is it, Jenny?

JENNY: Mother, this is Cortez Jamison. Mr. Jamison, this is my mother, Elizabeth Ford, and I’m Jenny.

CORTEZ: How do you do?

ELIZABETH: Very well thankyou, Cortez. May I ask you what you are doing here?

CORTEZ: Well, Ma’am, you see. I was riding my stallion a few miles from here when I er, happened to hear a gunshot, and thought that since I was this close to your ranch, that I er, should see if everything is ok, seeing as one shot down here means….

ELIZABETH:(interrupting) that someone is in trouble, or that my daughter was practicing her aim, both of which could have been a reason to your one shot, hmm?

CORTEZ: Your daughter? Well, ma’am, I wouldn’t think that…. (Glances at Jenny.)

ELIZABETH: Ah, there she is now.

GEM: Hey Mama. Look who I found being chased by a cougar just now. (Looks at Cortez) Who’s that?

ABBY: Gem, behave.

(Looks almost bewildered at the sudden sight of two new girls and a collie, in this case, Sky.)

JENNY: Gem, this is Cortez Jamison, and he’s here because of you. I think it must have been you shooting the cougar that was following Sky, which made him think someone was in trouble.

GEM: (Eye’s widening) Did you just say Cortez Jamison?

CORTEZ: Uh, yes Miss. I’m Cortez.

GEM: (Stays quiet for a minute, and then suddenly shrugs and smiles.) Well, Cortez, I’m Gem Ford. Are you familiar by any chance with that last name?

ELIZABETH: Gem… (In a warning tone.) Mr. Jamison, my husband will be in with the hands in a few minutes, would you care to wash up and join us for lunch? There’s plenty of room, and food. And I’m sure you’ll like Rose and Jenny’s cooking. (Smiles coaxingly.)

CORTEZ: I’m sorry, Ma’am, I couldn’t.

GEM: Yes you can. There’s nothing stopping you, and besides, I want my brother’s to meet you.

CORTEZ: Brothers?

GEM: Why sure, and my little sister, Sarah. So there’ll be Sam, John, Cody, and Jake, and they’ll all be here at about…now.

(At that moment three loud calls come from behind the canyon.)

SAM, JOHN, and CODY: Hello in the House!!!

(Galloping hoof beats pore down and resound across the wall. Four horses come closer with the dust rising high. John is on his horse, Sam on his, Cody on his, and Jake and Sarah riding double on his.)

GEM: See?

CORTEZ: Yes, I think so. Uh, Mrs. Ford, I really can’t stay. It would be too much trouble for you.

ELIZABETH: No trouble to feed a hungry man, and besides, we’ve been doing it for past fifteen years, one more wouldn’t change a thing. Rose, go and get a place for our guest.

ABBY: Yes Mama.

CORTEZ: Well, then I guess I better go take care of my horse.

GEM: I’ll come with you.

JENNY: Whatever for, Gem?

GEM: Well, Jenny, he sort of needs a bit of navigational help of where to put the horse, doesn’t he?

JENNY: More like you just can’t get enough of that colt of yours and you want to feed it apples.

GEM: Sis, how you know me is better than how I know myself… now hand me that apple over there please.

(Jenny gets the apple, hands it to Gem, and turns back to her dishes. Elizabeth smiles as she watches her daughters all go to where they should go, and then shuts the door after Gem has pulled Cortez from the door.)

END SCENE 2. GO TO SCENE THREE.

SCENE THREE. EXT. OUTSIDE THE BARN AND IN THE BARN. GEM IS WITH CORTEZ. TALKING.

GEM: So what’s your job? Cattle rustling?

CORTEZ: No more then what any normal Texan does.

GEM: Texan indeed! We Texans hate cattle and horse thieves.

CORTEZ: I guessed as much.

GEM: You know, I get the strange feeling that you’re in the position that’s almost like a shadow.

CORTEZ: I should remind myself not to block the young Ford ladies’ sun. Or is it ladies?

GEM: Sure it is! Why Rose, Jenny and Sarah are the most sophisticated ladies you’d ever find on the face of the earth!

CORTEZ: Them maybe, but what about you?

GEM: What about me? (Looks first at the tips of her boots, then her spurs, then up her trousers to her holsters where two powerful Long Barrelled Colt 45.’s were placed, and then up to her buckskin jacket, and finally back at Cortez. She finds herself suddenly aware of his eyes.)

CORTEZ: I see I’ve given you something to think about.

GEM: Yes. I suppose so. But what’s more important? Being happy and free, or being domesticated and sad?

CORTEZ: Happy and free I guess. (Chuckles as he looks at her hat.)

GEM: Well. (Ignores his chuckling.) So this is your stallion?

CORTEZ: Yes, he’s a good doer alright.

GEM: I never asked if he was or wasn’t.

CORTEZ: Is it just me, or do you always find something to argue about?

GEM: No more then what any normal Texan does. (Grins.)

CORTEZ: (grins back, then smells toward the house.) I suppose your mother was right. You didn’t cook anything, did you?

GEM: Of coarse not! I can only boil jerky and make coffee, and that’s usually just on cattle drives.

CORTEZ: Is this your father’s ranch completely?

GEM: Yes, and after him, it’ll be John’s ranch, but he’s probably too busy being a Ranger.

CORTEZ: A… Texas Ranger? (Hesitates in front of the barn door.)

GEM: Why sure. He’s just come home for two months for my Pa’s cattle drive, then he’ll be going back until the next one. You know Texas Ranger’s are the best Law Force of this state.

CORTEZ: Doesn’t he ever just come home to be with the family? Talk with you, perhaps?

GEM: Well, he’s with the family now, can’t you see? (She looks over Cortez’s shoulder at John, Sam, Cody, Jake, and Sarah.)

JOHN: Afternoon, Gem. Who’s this?

GEM: John, this is Cortez. He’s joining us for lunch. Cortez, this is my brothers, John, Sam, Cody, and Jake, and my sister, Sarah, behind Jake.

CORTEZ, JOHN, SAM, CODY, JAKE, and SARAH: How do you do?

(Boys exchange a slight eye conversation with Cortez. Gem ignores them and turns to Sarah.)

GEM: C’mon, Sarah, I’ll help you off.

SARAH: Thank you Gem.

GEM: How was school?

SARAH: Fine. Except for that Jenny couldn’t come. She’s the best teacher I’ve ever had!

GEM: Well, honey, I guess you know that with John here at home, Jenny can’t teach, cause she’s too busy cleaning up and cooking.

SARAH: And I also guess you can’t do the cooking for her?

GEM: Not on you life!

SARAH: That’s fair enough. (Smiles)

SAM: Alright, I think I’ll let you take care of my horse for me, Gem. I’ve got to go and wash up. Those smells from that window are making me hungry.

SARAH: Never knew a man, who didn’t have a good appetite.

GEM: Now you’re sounding like Mama.

SARAH: (Giggles.)

GEM: Sam, take this young lady with you. I’ll take care of your horse.

SAM: Thanks. That sound like a fair enough deal. (Picks up Sarah, and hands his horse’s reins to Gem.)

JAKE: (Smells the air.) Can you take my horse too, Gem? I’ll polish your boots for you tonight!

JOHN: Now that’s a bribe even I couldn’t refuse, Gem.

GEM: I could…if I wanted. Go ahead, Jake, I’ll take care of your pony.

JAKE: Aw! Thanks sis! I’ll repay you! (Jumps of his horse and flings his reins in her hands.)

GEM: How about you, Cody?

CODY: I can take care of my own horse! Don’t see why they’re all tempted to the kitchen; they’ll just be forced to eat their spinach.

CORTEZ, JOHN, and GEM laugh.

JOHN: So, Cortez. Where are you from? (Gem, Cody, Cortez, and John start walking with their horses into the barn.)

CORTEZ: Around Crystal City.

CODY: That’s the place with all those electric light bulbs lighting up the sky, right?

CORTEZ: It sure is, pardner. And those lights just plain ruin the glory of Texas, don’t they now?

CODY: Ruin Texas! Really? But how? (Gem grows silent.)

JOHN: Cody, you ask too many questions.

GEM: John, let him. That’s the only way a man learns anything in Texas.

JOHN: I learnt my share by watching, working, and plain wearing myself down. Now that’s a way to learn.

CORTEZ: (Chuckles.) You know, I’ve just been here a little while, and I strangely find myself like this family more and more.

GEM: Well that’s what you get for coming to the Ford door. A trail of little Fords following you around, the older girls filling you up with food, and the older boys packing you on with work.

CORTEZ: Work?

JOHN: Of coarse, you have to work for your food. Now come and help me with watering these horses. Gem, why don’t you go wash up? And take Cody with you while you’re at it.

GEM: Oh, John… but I still have to give an apple to Buck.

JOHN: He the colt you went to catch in the canyons?

GEM: Yes. Wanna come and see him?

JOHN: Sure. You come too, Cortez.

CORTEZ: Ok.

GEM: Let’s go then.

(Walks to Buck’s stall at the end of the lane and stops. Buck turns and trots over to the rope.)

CORTEZ: (Whistles.)

JOHN: You sure caught yourself a beauty Gem. How long did it take you?

GEM: A month or so. But I can ride him bareback bridle less everywhere I go.

CORTEZ: Can you prove that?

(Gem looks at him.)

GEM: You don’t believe me?

JOHN: Gem don’t start with that. Remember he’s a newcomer around these parts.

GEM: I’ll show you if you so want to know.

JOHN: Now Gem…

CORTEZ: Alright, you can prove yourself now.

GEM: Very well, Mr. Jamison. (Gives him a daring look. She seems to know a secret of his that he wishes to keep silent. Opens the stall and clucks Buck out. The gelding moves to her wishes and stands outside the stall.) C’mon Buck. (Mounts easily, and kicks him into a gallop out of the barn and off to the canyons, but not before giving a yell out behind her.) Is this proof enough?

JOHN: Gem No!! (Runs out to the back of the barn only to see a cloud of dust rising above the earth.) Too late.

CORTEZ: Wow that girl can ride.

JOHN: Yeah, and if it weren’t for you I would’ve told her that the bulls are shifted to where she’s going with that crazy horse. I’ve got to go after her.

CORTEZ: Any way I can help?

JOHN: Just stay here! (He pauses) No, it’s not your fault. It’s that sister of mine. One word against hers’ and she does every crazy thing to prove herself. I suddenly start thinking that she knows the bulls are up there, and that they’re mad Longhorns. (Turns and smiles.) If you want to help, just get up on your horse and come with me.

CORTEZ: Sure thing. (Jumps onto his stallion, John jumps onto his, and they both dash out the barn, only to be stopped by HARRISON)

HARRISON: Whoa, laddies! And where do you think you’re going to in such a hurry? Who are you, may I ask, young man?

CORTEZ: Cortez Jamison, sir.

JOHN: Aw Pa, Gem’s run off on her colt, and we have to go stop her.

HARRISON: No need, sonny, boy, she’s trotting over yonder back here now; I can see her quite plainly. And besides, you wouldn’t worry about that sister of yours if you knew that she was a better rider than you. Why even Sam doesn’t bother with her anymore.

CODY: (Pops out from the barn and mumbles under his breath.) That’s a miracle! Pa, what do you think of me going to help you with the cattle drive this year?

HARRISON: Sorry son, I’ve got all the help I’ll be needing right here, (points to ten men riding their cow ponies in to the house.) maybe next year.

CODY: But Pa, you always say that!

HARRISON: Don’t argue and don’t grumble against your father, son, now take this here gelding to water.

CODY: Yes Pa.

HARRISON: Say Cody?

CODY: Yes Pa?

HARRISON: How old are you today?

CODY: Thirteen.

HARRISON: I reckon that’s about old enough to start going to a cattle drive. (Smiles.)

CODY: Wow! Thanks Pa!!

HARRISON: That’s all right son, now go and water that horse. (To the cattle hands.) You’re all excused for lunch now, just tie your horses, and we’ll be doing some branding on those new heifers I bought from old man Hanson. Now lets go wash up. I’ve got an appetite enough to eat a whole cow.

Just then Gem canters in and leans back slightly as Buck draws to a halt. Gem smiles.

GEM: So what do you think of that?

CORTEZ: I think I’ve never seen a girl so foolhardy and so experienced in riding horses then that my eyes just saw. (Gem smiles, dismounts, then taps Buck on the rump as he trots back to his stall, and starts drinking from his water.)

HARRISON: Now young lady, I believe you should get changed for lunch, don’t you? (He smiles down at her, and then pats her head.) Go on now, my untamable. (Gem excuses herself and walks towards the house.)

GEM: Oh Pa?

HARRISON: Yes honey?

GEM: Um…I think I’ll tell you later, Pa.

HARRISON: Fine by me. C’mon boys.

END SCENE THREE. GO TO SCENE FOUR.

SCENE FOUR. IN THE KITCHEN AROUND THE LARGE ROUND TABLE. JENNY IS PLACING PLATES AT THE 21 PLACES SET OUT. ROSE IS PILING THEM WITH FOOD. THE MEN ARE GETTING SEATED. GEM COMES DOWNSTAIRS IN A DRESS, SMILES SECRETLY AT CORTEZ, WHO GRINS AT THEIR “LADYLIKE JOKE” OF EARLIER. ELIZABETH IS FUSSING OVER JAKE, CODY, AND SARAH, AND SAM AND JOHN ARE IN DISCUSSION OVER LAW ENFORCEMENT AND SUCH MATTERS.

JENNY: I never knew I’d skip teaching today for this much work! Mama, how do you and Rose get anything done?

ELIZABETH: We work, Jenny. It’s that plain and simple.

JENNY: Well it’s more work then I ever remember doing since I left school to teach school. (Elizabeth and Rose chuckle, and they are all soon seated.)

HARRISON: Well now, Mr. Jamison. I guess you can start explaining to us how you came here to Eagles Pass.

ELIZABETH: Harrison, please.

ABBY: Yes, Mama, we would so like to hear it.

CORTEZ: Well… I was riding in a cattle drive not too long ago, and I stopped there at Crystal City, and I go to thinking I didn’t like it too much. With all those bright lights, and the saloons, making you poor in a few seconds, and all that noise was more then I could take, and so I can here, and over the past few days I’ve been getting used to it.

HARRISON: I agree with you there, young man. The fresh air and cool breeze is much better then what you’ve just described.

ABBY: You’re right, Mr. Jamison. And out here you’re sure to find what you’ll be looking for.

JENNY: Say, Mama? I was thinking about our next trip to Crystal City, and how on Christmas, the Ball will be held at Mrs. Baltimore, and you know what that means, right?

ELIZABETH: No Jenny, you can get just as good material for ball gowns as you get in any other city in Texas.

JENNY: But not good enough to impress Mrs. Baltimore!

ELIZABETH: Jenny. You know how expensive it is for material these days.

JENNY: Yes Mama.

ELIZABETH: We can get you some silk or something nice and get Mrs. Smith to sew you a dress for the ball.

JENNY: Oh! Thank you Mama!

SARAH: It’s still not as good as dresses from Paris.

ABBY: Nothing’s as good as from Paris, but I prefer the plain country style gowns. Those puffy new styles are outrageous!! I can’t see myself in one of them. (Everyone discusses and talks, and argues amongst each other, and forget about the rest of Cortez’s story.)

GEM: Mr. Jamison, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.

CORTEZ: Please just call me Cortez, I’m not much older then you are. (They smile at each other, and Rose is the only one who notices, and smiles to herself silently. Everyone else is talking to each other over some or other thing, seeming to have gotten to talking about the business Of Crystal City.)

GEM: Well, this is the question. What was your occupation before you went on that cattle drive?

CORTEZ: That’s a tough question, but I owe you one, seeing as you proved you could ride that Mustang colt without a saddle or bridle. I was, well, I suppose I was a sort of horse breeder, or whatever you’ll call it.

GEM: Somehow I don’t quite believe you. But never mind I think I’ll be able talk later. It looks like I’m about to be interrupted anyway.

JOHN: Say, Cortez, I was just wondering. That stallion of yours looks good for driving cattle, and I know it’ll be up to my Pa and you, but what would you say to come along with us this Thursday? You’ll get paid as much as the hands, and you can decide whether you want to leave or not.

CORTEZ: I don’t know… maybe.

GEM: What do you mean maybe! Of coarse you’re coming with, you have to prove to me that you can ride that stallion of yours.

CORTEZ: (grins) All right, Miss Ford, I accept your challenge. I’ll go.

JOHN: Good! Gem, your plot of convincing someone to do something has grown quite devious, don’t you think? (To Cortez) You can stay here in the guest room for the time being. Sam and I won’t be here tomorrow, but the rest of my brothers and sisters will be here to show you around. I know there’s also plenty of space. You’ll like it here, really.

JAKE: Hey Mama. I was just thinking, you know how my pony’s gone too small for me?

ELIZABETH: No Jake, don’t you go starting with that too.

JAKE: Yes, Mama, but just, I’ve been thinking of that chestnut colt in the canyons. If I could catch it, then I could bring him home, train him, break him, and then ride him. Can I please do that Mama?

ELIZABETH: You’re sure he doesn’t belong to anyone?

JAKE: Oh, yes Mama! I’ve been looking at him for weeks now, and no one else knows anything about him.

ELIZABETH: Then you may have him. You and Gem can ride out in the morning. She’ll show you what to do.

JAKE: Oh Thankyou Mama!!

GEM: What must I do, Jake?

JAKE: Nothing really. Just take me out to the canyons tomorrow and help me catch that colt I told you about

HARRISON: So tell us how your day’s been, Sam.

SAM: Well, busy, but it’s not over yet Pa. Still have the other half of the day left.

GEM: (To Cortez) He never says much, does he?

CORTEZ: I guess not, but who does out West?

Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:53 am
Little Texas says...

Yup, thanks Rose! :) I haven't formatted it yet, that was just a draft. My brother was the one who put the r's in. We were going to make an animation with that, but we've got a better one now. The many characters are only like when someone in school has to say something and I don't wan't to confuse anyone :oops: Sorry if I did!

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:57 am
Elizabeth wrote a review...

Heh it wsan't that bad. the only thing that bugged me was the entire format of your play... and what was with all the:
® ® ® ® ? I don't know what they mean.
And I think you have waaaaaaay too many characters, are they all really supposed to be there? can't another characer take the place of another?
And another thing was your format of the play. The way they taught me was like to make it look like this:

GEM:
blah blah blah
(walks over to the counter)

SHERIN:
[Says sadly] blah blah blah :(

Like that. Heh, i guess it'd make more since of you'd look up my play. It's called AFTGOFPAP it's stands for all for the good of friendship poetry and pie :P
the format was strictly yelled into order by my teacher.

Otherwise i liked the idea. good job.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson