Fairy Diary | Day 6

by Lib

It feels weird that you are holding on to me like this, Luke. You are practically squeezing me.

Obviously! What else am I supposed to do? Drop you?

Ugh, that's not what I meant - Oh, whatever!

Sorry.

It's fine, it's fine. I understand why you're squeezing me to death.

Oh really, and why is that?

It's because, um, er, you know, it's because of - okay, yeah, I don't know.

Forget it. Is there another way that - 

Hold it!

Hold what?

You didn't greet me, like Lily always did. Greet me, now!

Oh, well, hi!

That's a boring greeting. Try something unique!

Like?

I don't know. Use a different language?

Здрастуйте 

What language is that? Ukrainian?

How did you know? You're an actual mind reader, Diary!

I saw you search it up on Google Translate.

You are creepy! Anyways, speaking of diary, how am I supposed to turn you back into a fairy? The well exploded. Is there any other way that you can think of?

There isn't any other way - oh, wait, there is another way!

What is it?

If you let me tell you, I would!

Okay, okay, take a chill pill. What is it?

Are you sure you want to know? Because if you get in trouble because of this, everyone will find out about me, and it won't be good.

No one will find out, just tell me already!

Okay, it's as simple as going to the queen and asking her to un-curse me. 

What the...

Yes, that is the only way. Unless you can think of another one, Luke?

If that's the only way then I guess - Wait, wait!!! I have an idea! 

What is it?

You know how I said that once me and my school once went to meet the queen? 

Yeah?

Well, we went to see her every school year, so...

You can ask Her Majesty then!

Yes!

I am such a genius!

Excuse me?

You have been excused. Haha!

Haha, very funny. There's one thing, though. About the trip.

Please don't let it be bad. 

The trip is in two months.

What?!

Yeah, so it's kinda a long way down the road. Except -

Except what?

Ugh, Louis needs help with cleaning the house, I'll be right back.

Aw, man! I have to wait so long now!

Thank you. I'll see you later. 

You suck.

~  ~  ~

I am officially back!

Okay, now tell me what you are going to do.

I am going to - what were we talking about? Just a second, let me read the previous conversation. 

I'm waiting.

~  ~  ~

Where did he go? He was supposed to read the previous conversation, and it's been half an hour! 

I'm sorry, it's just that I have dyslexia. It's takes me longer to read because all the letters just jump around. I have to control them. It's so annoying. But, I'm used to it now!

Oh, I'm sorry. 

About what?

Never mind. I understand now why you take so long to write back. Sorry.

Okay, yeah, cool, but why are you being sorry?

No, no. It's nothing.

Whatever, it's ten in the night and I have to sleep.

'Kay, Good night.

Good night.

~  ~  ~

Yo, I'm awake. Actually, I'm not awake. I'm half asleep. Okay, so what was I supposed to help you with?

You were supposed to tell me why the trip to Her Majesty is 'a long way down the road'?

Oh, yeah, right! So, basically the trip is in two months, except... since I'm not in elementary... I... don't get to go for the trip. Only the elementary kids do. I'm in grade eight. Elementary is up to grade six. So... yeah.

Are you... serious?

Yes... I'm sorry.

Do you know anyone trustworthy enough in elementary that could help us? Like... Oh my! Wait a second! Do you think...

I know what you're thinking, Lily would never.

But, couldn't you... trick her into doing it?

Can I have time to think about this?

Ugh, fine! I give you twenty four hours to make up the entire plan. I. Need. The. Plan. By. Tomorrow!

Okay, okay. Tomorrow, I'll give you my entire plan. I. Promise!

Lily is in Elementary school? I think she’s in sixth grade because she doesn’t sound that young. But I could be wrong. Luke used Google Translate? This fairy world sounds cool. They use modern technology! But how will Lily help the diary after the conversation she witnessed with the diary and Luke? Hopefully she does! I want to see the diary as the original fairy she once was! Random question:Are there mermaids in this world? I wish you a lovely day/night.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:23 am
LadyBug wrote a review...

Hi Liberty! Hannah here to leave you a short review on your newest chapter. With no further ado, let's begin!

I won't be super detailed here, as I've gone over my main concerns before, but I didn't like this chapter very much. It is a cultivation of everything I have pointed out before. Thankfully, your writing improved, and it has been years, so I won't spend too much time going over it. But if you read this aloud, the flow will seem off, and in some places, it feels like every character is the same one.

The opening was sort of cute and funny though, I liked the language touch. But do they have Google in this world? THAT was a chance to make a fairy joke, not fairy faces!!

Keep writing! You're doing pretty okay sometimes <3

Fantascifi66 wrote a review...

Hi!!
Your friend Fanta here with the review you requested!
I am SO sorry it took so long! I've been a bit... Nah, I don't know how to explain it.
Anyways, let's get right into the review.
Though there is really nothing to comment on, I just wanted to tell you that this is a very good story idea, and it's very well written!
Honestly, I've come up with some pretty weird ideas (as you have seen on my profile), but this was a really imaginative story!
I haven't read the other chapters, so I hope you'll excuse me for that, but I might just get into it in the near future.

"How did you know? You're an actual mind reader, Diary!

I saw you search it up on Google Translate."

This was by far my favorite lines. Just thought I'd let you know.

Again, I'm so sorry I didn't get to you sooner, and I'm sorry this review wasn't that helpful.
Still though. Great story.
Continue writing!

Your friend,
Fanta

Lib says...

No problem. This review was a lot to me even if you don't think so. Your words keep me moving! They encourage me a lot. :) Thanks for the 'review' (XD)

Fantascifi66 says...

Haha yeah. You're welcome :)

Lib says...

:D

Horisun says...

Loved it! Can't wait to read the next one!

Horisun says...

Lib says...

:D Thanks

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 am

Hello, your friend FlamingPhoenix here with another review for you.

Let's get started.

I didn't see anything wrong with this chapter, so I'm here to tell you how well you did and what I liked.

What I like

I will have to say it is a lot easier to see who is talking now that you have made the words Luke speaks in bold. I was able to see who was saying what, so I would do that for the next chapter it's a much better plan to the last one.

Now that I've been reading your story and the plot has been reviled a little more I have finally figured out what the name to your story means. So I'm really happy about that.

Plot

I'm really happy your letting us get to know a bit about to plot, It's making the story really exciting.
And now your going to bring the queen into the story, well I think you are. So I'm looking forward to see what will happen next.

Characters

Wow were do I start here? I'll have to start somewhere.
I really like what your doing with Luke at the moment, you seem to really be diving into his character, and I really like that. I feel like I'm getting to know a lot more about him with every chapter.
I also like what your doing this Diary. You seem to be letting a little more of her personality out with every chapter. To me she seems a little sassy some of the time and yet she seems to be quit a strong person, and she seems to not like not being taken seriously. She can be really funny some times, like when Luke says hello to her.
I also like that one know where you added Louis in for a second,

This one line tells me that Louis can't clean the house by himself, so that must mean he is round about before his teens. And Luke doesn't seem very happy about it. This part just made me laugh.

Over all comments

I really love what you have here and I can't wait for the next chapter. I will have to say I would like the chapters to be a little longer, but as the writer you do what you need to do. I wish you like with writing your next chapter, I look forward to doing another review for you. I will have to say your writing has gotten a lot better and I can't wait to see how good it will get.

I wish you luck with the next chapter, and I hope you have a great day/night.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix. :D

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm
MaybeInk says...

AHHHH I need more!

Lib says...

Don't worry, more will come soon! XD

manilla wrote a review...

Hi! Here for the review as requested. Let's get right into it, shall we?

To understand what was going on, I had to briefly read some of the previous installments of this work, and so I can see that the main character is a fairy, and she has fairy friends that go to school together. I'm assuming the diary is the italics, because you used that in other chapters. It took a while to figure out who's speaking, however. Luke, the main character's brother, is currently writing in her diary instead of her, which has caused a conflict last chapter between the main character and her diary. (Please correct me if this is wrong. Or any other times I explain out the plot.)

In this chapter, Luke and the Diary interact, and they seem to have a plan to turn the Diary back into a regular fairy. The dialogue is very realistic, yet I feel like we need more details to fully understand what's going on.

Dialogue is to be used as a tool to guide the story forward, but sometimes, I feel like you use it as a filler. By this I mean that some of the interaction doesn't bring us closer to the conflict, but by the end, most of that problem is resolved. Because of this writing format, we don't know much about the setting (except for in the beginning), and what things look like, and the mood. I mention this a lot, but I do so because it's extremely critical - You need this to establish tension. Tension encourages the reader to follow along with the story. I also suggest to give the characters time where they are not writing in the diary, so we see how they interact naturally with their setting and each other. (You can try that by writing some scene.)

Um, er, I, can I have time to think about this?

The dialogue as of now is written in well, a written format. If it's a diary, I'd suggest removing some of the filler words unless the Diary and Luke are physically speaking to each other.

Also, when you mention the queen, I start to get curious...How will she affect the rest of the plot?

Sorry if this review came out as harsh, I wanted to help you in the best way I could. Keep writing, though, and open our eyes to a whole new world you can create.

-Manilla out
(Feel free to disregard any comment you deem as rude or unhelpful. That was not my intention.

Lib says...

Thanks for the review @manilla! I'll just give you a brief summary of the series so far:
Lily (used-to-be main character) always wrote in her diary about how bad Andrealama was. Lily and her best friend, Emalia, always got her in trouble. Then, Luke (current main character) finds out about the diary. Diary tells Luke all about her past and how she wanted to be a human. Instead she was cursed to be a diary as a punishment. Now, Luke and Diary are trying to find a way to turn Diary back into fairy.

You basically got the story right.

And, you're trying to tell me that I should make the story more dialouge-like? For example: "Never mind. I understand now why you take so long to write back. Sorry." said Diary.

Well, if that's what you mean, then I'm just trying to sound more like someone's writing in the diary and the diary write/talks back. So basically the diary is alive.
Again, thanks for the review! :)

manilla says...

Thanks for the clarification. What I was saying was that you should make the interaction on the diary page as if they are writing to each other, not talking, so the quote you listed was right. :P

Lib says...

Oh! Okay! I understand now!

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela