z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Violence Mature Content

A Mind of Tangles

by LakeOfCancer


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

I'm a mess...

Nothing is good.

My mind....

My mind is something I can't describe.

What do I do?

Harm?

That sounds good right about now...

I just want him here...

Three days,

I've suffered...

My favorite clown is not here.

He is not.

My head is a messed up ball of yarn, tangles and kinks everywhere.

Trying to untangle it is making it worse.

My friends are trying to help me...

But they can't...

I'm spiraling downwards now...

I can't feel emotions anymore...

She tries to talk to me...

What do I say?

The usual: "I'm fine"?

Or do I tell her I want to fucking die?

At this very moment?

No.

She'll tell....and she won't think of what I wanted...

My brain, it can't think right.

I take longer.

I can't focus...

What do I do?

Study?

No.

Give up?

Yes.

On what though?

Life?

Gladly.

I'm in a jumble.

Tangles litter my brain.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 1352
Reviews: 21

Donate
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:58 pm
View Likes
Namjoon2003 wrote a review...



What a do, What it is. It's your boi here with a review.

You have talent. You wrote things that people actually think of in real life situations.

The theory that I have for your poem(Just a theory) is that the narrator/your situation is going through a lot. Like her boyfriend/best friend left her or passed away, and she is grieving, but she is deeply feeling the pain. They are feeling it to where they can't think straight and they want to die.

You have compared the mind to tangles and kinks. This makes me think that the persons thoughts are so jumbled that it is hard to get through one thing, and that it takes a lot of time to get out of their head.

Anyway, it was really good, you had a lot of imagery, and you also showed emotions that some readers can even relate to.

I really hope to read more of your work in the future. Keep doing a great job!

~Namjoon~




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 11
Reviews: 24

Donate
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:37 pm
JaylinBoykins wrote a review...



This was a creative concept and it paid off well. I enjoyed reading this and the constant fight you have with your mind and dealing with your emotions. You excellently captured the events of a psychological war. I relate to this very much. It is a pretty hard thing to deal with and push through so if you are personally feeling this, I want you to keep pushing because although it seems like you are alone, so many other people care about you. Keep up the good work xoxo




Random avatar

Points: 134
Reviews: 21

Donate
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:53 am
Eve wrote a review...



YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

FINALLY someone who understands how it feels!
I'm with you, sometimes, you just stand there, with a weight on your chest and hope someone will come see you're upset. But you're too upset to go and talk to other people about it!
Everyone keeps saying to 'get it of your chest!' but without the pain, there would be no other feelings and with no other feelings comes emptiness and back again comes the feeling on your chest.
I'm in a jumble too, crossing things out, trying to get words write, er... right, but it's just easier to write out of order, crossed out, messy and "jumbled" rather than to never get those feelings out there, somewhere.
Great job writing though. You made me FEEL




LakeOfCancer says...


XD Yeah...I know that a ton of writers usually are depressed, suicidal, etc., so I wanted people to know how I've been feeling the past few days. Just because I thought it was important everyone knew that I was being a....*inhales sharply cause I don't want to swear* female dog for a reason. I was having trouble keeping it in. And I know that everyone is going to say that they want to "help" and try to "comfort" me, but it doesn't work. I'm a Cancer, so normally I just want to figure out problems on my own. And for this, I either want a bit of help, or none at all. And at this moment....none at all is the correctumundo answer. ((Btw...I loved that pun!XDXDXD))



User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 152
Reviews: 19

Donate
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 am
salmintea wrote a review...



Dear Lake,

(Sick name by the way)

So first of all, WOAH. So that was quite the... um... what do you call it?

Obviously, I can tell this is a very personal piece. I enjoyed the aesthetic of some lines to be bolded and the difference in alignment.

I also enjoyed the fact that some of the words were crossed out. For some things, the crossed out lines made sense, like the first one really caught my eye: "That sounds good right about now." But for other lines, it didn't seem like it quite fit.

How I see crossed out lines is that the writer was going to put it in, then cross it out because they no longer want it in there, like it reveals too much, or they let their mind wander and they wrote it down subconsciously or accidentally. So, for some lines it doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense, I kind of had to think about it for a second. Actually with most of the other lines.

One way to look at this might be to write it as if the main character/narrator is writing happily, but adding in small things that show her real emotion. Like, if you were to change "She tries to talk to me.../What do I say?/The usual: 'I'm fine'?" to this:

She always asks how I am.
I just smile and say "I'm fine."
I want to die.

And have the "I want to die" part crossed out. As if she's writing sadness accidentally then crossing it out because she doesn't want to reveal that. (I kinda just assumed it's a "she". Oh whale.)

I might have totally have taken a completely different track on your poetry as you may have wanted. And that's not a bad thing, it's good to see how your readers interpret your work, right?

Anyways, I really liked reading this piece of work! I just got confused when it came to some of the crossed out lines, that's all.

Keep writing! I'll be looking forward to reading more of your pieces! I'll look out for "Lake" in the green room!!!

Sincerely, Bailey




LakeOfCancer says...


XD Thanks...and I mean like...yeah....when I was re-reading it earlier, I got stuck on a sentence or two with it, but I thought it kinda fit. But thanks for the advice. (:



User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3476
Reviews: 125

Donate
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 am
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...



This will be my last work before I have my break. Please don't try to help me...I can't be fixed...



((I will not be wasting my valuable time to do homework to tag everyone. So everyone who reads this, congrats, you've been mind tagged.))




TheBlueCat says...


I really wish I could help you right now, even though you might not want it. *hugs* I'm always here if you ever need someone to talk to about anything. Literally anything. <3




Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec