Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

Looking for a good series.....

by Kylie J

Well, it's summer, which means I actually have time to curl up with a few good books. Usually, I take my summer to wipe out a series that looks really good but I can't read during the school year because I'm too busy. Last summer, it was the Left Behind (adult) series, which was really great and definitely enough to keep me occupied.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm completely open.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:44 am
SilentGargoyle7 says...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Rick Riordan) and The Ranger's Apprentice (John Flanagan) are good. Both are only two books into the series though.

Duskglimmer wrote a review...

Any of the series by R.A. Salvatore (The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Legacy of the Drow Quartet, The Paths of Darkness Quartet, The Hunter's Blades Trilogy, The Clerical Quintet, etc.) are really excellent. I worked through most of them this past school year and really enjoyed them, though I'm still looking for the The Hunter's Blades Trilogy and The Clerical Quintet, so I can't give my official opinion of them yet.

Reichieru wrote:The Lost Years of Merlin. There are only five in it, but there are other related books by TA Barron.

The Lost Years of Merlin are also very good. My sister and I got them out of the library a couple months back and spent the entire time we had them out stealing them back and forth because we couldn't wait to read them.

Writersdomain says...

I'm going to suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan or the long series which I forgot teh name of by Janny Wurts

Rei says...

The Lost Years of Merlin. There are only five in it, but there are other related books by TA Barron.

The Sword-Dancer saga by Jennifer Roberson. It's one of my favorite fantasy series I've ever read. Good luck finding it though. They didn't have the 2nd book at my local library, and apparently there are only 2 or 3 copies of the 4th one in Michigan. I don't know what state you're in, but you better hope they have some sort of Inter-library loan thing set up, because you could definitely need it.

And for some laughs, you could get the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series. I so have to get the next book. Princess Diaries is also a good series that I need to get the 6th installment of.

Areida says...

Mm, you ought to read some of Francine Rivers' books; I think you'd like her. Her Mark of the Lion series is my favourite.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:49 pm
Kylie J says...

Thanks. I'm mostly into fantasy/sci-fi, but I like thrillers too, and sometimes religion.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 pm
Nutter wrote a review...

I agree with Fool about Belgariad and The Mallorean. I read them, and they are very good books.
Another good series of books which I have read all of up till now are (I don't know if you would like them) The Darren Shan saga. 12 books in total, Horror Vampire style of thing

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 pm
Fool wrote a review...

Well, it depends what you want to read, eg - fantasy or fiction or horror ect,

Last summer i read the Ryan verse series by Tom Clancy, thats about 12 long books, a sort of thriller fiction, those are good long interesting reads. Another series I enjoyed reading was the Belgarid by David Eddings, or even The Mallorean, also by David Eddings, both good series, about 5 books in each, or you can try reading your way throw Terry Brook's collection of novels.

It depends on what you like to read i guess.

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats