A Word about Emotions . . .

by EverLight

Emotions are funny things aren't they? They are neither good nor bad, but what makes them that way is how a person who feels them acts. What we feel is our problem alone, yet I find it interesting how we think other people are responsible for what emotion we feel. Ever thought Oh it's his fault that I'm hurt! Or been told to respect other people's feelings? It's as though we are the master of what other human beings feel. I'm not saying that feeling hurt is not awful, or that you need to be tough, I'm saying that it is strange that we blame others for our wounded feelings, when we have no one to blame but ourselves-if you think about it. For some bizarre reason emotions control how we act, or think about another person. I think it's odd that we need to blame anyone at all. It's almost inhuman that we must take all our stress, pressure, frustration and anger out on another person. I don't care if other people say it's an important to do this, I believe that if you want to have success with other human beings we must stop taking all our emotions out on them. Maybe it's hard not to take it out on someone else but seriously? Do you think that your loved ones want to hear you mouthing off about their faults because you're angry and hurt? See what I mean when I said emotions control us? We can do better than that, and find ways to rise above what we feel. It's useless to say that it's hopeless, it never changes and I can't do anything about it. That is one big fat lie. You can change and do something about your hurt! Isn't it funny that when we are in pain the time when we can grow in wisdom, we feel like agony is useless and should not exist? Isn't it strange that all the anguish and joy work together somehow? It's as though God gave us light to to temper the tribulation in this world. I'm not telling you to look at the bright side of things, but to look at the God side of things. What I mean by that is try to see God in all things. Only when we see God in our hurt will our emotions be controlled. 

AriannaC wrote a review...

Hi! Happy Review Day! My name is Ari and I am here to review this work of yours.

First thing I want to say is how much I can agree with you on this. People allow their emotions to control them so much that they become a spiritual playground for demons. You can see this a lot today in liberals especially.

Anyway, what I noticed in here was a lot of missing punctuation. Such as quotations around others thoughts or words.

Like @Wriskypump said below, sometimes it can be our own faults that someone is hurting, not theirs. It would be very hypocritical to say otherwise. I bet you can think of times when you have caused someone to hurt. Is it their fault for what you said or did with your free will? Take the plank out of your own eye before you pick at the speck in another's eye!

Overall, I think you were very brave to post this. There might be some people who have negative opinions on this, prepare yourself for that. Continue to be bold in your writing and life! Jesus loves you!

Wriskypump wrote a review...

It's about time someone addressed human emotions: I like that so I'm jumping for this review!

You Said:
"Emotions are funny things aren't they? They are neither good nor bad, but what makes them that way is how a person who feels them acts. What we feel is our problem alone, yet I find it interesting how we think other people are responsible for what emotion we feel. Ever thought, 'Oh it's his fault that I'm hurt!' Or been told, "Respect other people's feelings?" It's as though we are the master of what other human beings feel." -- (first of all notice how I changed some punctuation that previously was blank amidst this structure).

So by this point I'm getting a vibe that this is going to be pretty speculative, as you draw generally on an ever-heard-people-say-this-and such streak for examples. Now some people are going to knock you for that in an article but I'm not. We can't all extensively research; AND most of us have an innate awareness to sort of gauge ourself in comparison to other humans outside of our single consciousness.

You Said:
"I'm not saying that feeling hurt is not awful, or that you need to be tough, I'm saying that it is strange that we blame others for our wounded feelings, when we have no one to blame but ourselves-if you think about it. For some bizarre reason emotions control how we act, or think about another person. "

Since this is an article and seems to be written fairly to standard, I am definitely going to state some of my opinions in regards to yours, just merely to bounce ideas around that you are sparking. I think that sometimes it is the fault of others insults or unfair criticism that wounds us -- yet I agree many times we can take things way too personally or project our personal life onto others who are innocent from OUR personal problem and we are dragging them into a battle that is not theirs. XDD

"I think it's odd that we need to blame anyone at all. It's almost inhuman that we must take all our stress, pressure, frustration and anger out on another person." -- (it's unjust, sure; but I'd say COMPLETELY human to do so. It's a release mechanism, a vengeance thing maybe)
--------------

You Said:
"I don't care if other people say it's an important to do this, I believe that if you want to have success with other human beings we must stop taking all our emotions out on them. Maybe it's hard not to take it out on someone else(,) but seriously? Do you think that your loved ones want to hear you mouthing off about their faults because you're angry and hurt? See what I mean when I said emotions control us? We can do better than that, and find ways to rise above what we feel. " - (I like the example provided about taking it out on loved ones. They are the most convenient targets.)

It's useless to say that "it's hopeless, it never changes." And "I can't do anything about it!" That is one big fat lie. -- (I would enter punctuations like that)

You can change and do something about your hurt! Isn't it funny that when we are in pain the time when we can grow in wisdom, we feel like agony is useless and should not exist? Isn't it strange that all the anguish and joy work together somehow? - (that is definitely a thought, and strangely enough that's been on my mind lately. I used to have times of great uncertainty leading to abysmal strings of days of anguish. Seems as though it will never end, but there are some bright spots even during CAVE DAYS and then you finally rip free of the current one day when the stream of events changes!!) XDD I'm personally involved in this speech of yours now bc it is relevant to my life extremely.

"It's as though God gave us light to to temper the tribulation in this world. I'm not telling you to look at the bright side of things, but to look at the God side of things. What I mean by that is try to see God in all things. Only when we see God in our hurt will our emotions be controlled. "

- Well I didn't see that twist coming!! The Compassionate Ancient of Days sure does give The Light in all things. In order to be able to be purposeful and off a cyc-wheel-chain of repetitive motions that are non-functional bc they are less than eternity when what you might assemble is only temporarily present and then with a couple years onward faded -- if not to the world at least shut out and away from you. Not only does His peace make life more manageable, His peace comes from not trying to be in control all the time realizing that you don't have that kind of power & that He will drive you around to the destinations and take you on the scenic routes as well!

God IS THE LIGHT, and without the Glory of His Thoughts all would be DARKNESS....

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:26 am
WendyVermillion says...

Wonderful way to express emotions. I can't do that myself, so this is really great for you! LI love the way you ask yourself a question and answer it with sure and unwavering courage and sureness. Not many can do that, so be proud of this piece that you've created!

When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann