z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A Souls Heaven-3 A Poem Seriel

by EverLight


The kitten is gone.

How torn hearts must be,

streaming with hidden tears.

She brought joy and love, but know she is done.

As they grieve silent with woes,

wondering at the world,

I wonder if they know she is with them forever in their hearts.

I wonder if they understand her last gift.

The gift of strength to rise above life's pain,

and find a stillness of soul, to find tomarrow's hope.

Farewell dear kitten, I wish you well. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
278 Reviews


Points: 18564
Reviews: 278

Donate
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:47 am
LittleLee wrote a review...



Hey there, LittleLee's here for a review!!
Starting off.
I WORSHIP cats. Like, seriously. And kittens?
My god, poor things.
Firstly, I want to know - does this poem ho deeper? I think it does. Perhaps the death of Christ? I say so because, obviously, you've put this in the spiritual section. For that alone I like this poem, because it seems very quaint and simple, yet it has many deeper meanings. And the very idea of death before one's time is extremely moving and the idea is deep.

I think you've very accurately portrayed all the emotions put across in the poem. Well done! It takes a skilled writer to do so.
You mispelled "tomorrow". Probably just a typing error, but even so, be careful! The same for "now". It shouldn't be "know".
The last line isn't suitable. I feel it should be more meaningful than just a simple farewell. Of course, that has a diverse range of meanings as well.
Anyway, I really liked the poem. Congratulations on writing this beautiful masterpiece!!!

Hope to see more of this!
Lee




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 am
Radrook wrote a review...



Radrook here a once again to offer some suggestions.
Apologies if i offend. It isn’t my intention.
Please feel full free to cast aside all things you deem not helpful.
But if you do be sure its true by being extra careful.

That having been said:

Thanks for sharing this very interesting poem about a kitten’s death and how it leaves those who mourn with a special gift. I really like how poem starts with a very dramatic statement by mentioning a kitten’s death. I agree with the choice of a kitten instead of a cat because a kitten dying without having lived a full cat life can be far more mournful and raises many more questions than an old cat dying. After all, an old cat had his day but the kitten seems to be unjustly deprived of his turn.

The statement of “How torn their hearts must be!” made me feel as if the speaker was not directly involved in the mourning process but merely observing it from a distance. As if she is not part of the family that lost the kitten and can only imagine their grief and moved to comment about how severe it must be. The mourners are described as silent and so that they certainly must be are weeping inside because the kitten had brought joy and must surely be missed.

Then the speaker wonders if the mourners, [whom she seems not to identify with] realize that the kitten has left them a gift. That gift is described as the ability to deal with life’s pain by experiencing it and continuing on. Then the narrator wishes the cat well and tells it it will be missed. This last statement seems to indicate that the kitten was closer to the speaker than the other part of the poem had indicated.

A very interesting concept expressed in a very dramatical way.
Looking forward to reading more of your poetry


Suggestions


Spelling

....but know she is done. [....but now....]

....to find tomarrow's hope. [ ....tomorrow’s hope....]




EverLight says...


Thank you!



User avatar
62 Reviews


Points: 20
Reviews: 62

Donate
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:09 am
CorruptedArrow says...



Hey Corrupted Arrow here! I hope that I don't offend you in anyway possible. Now to write a review!

"As they grieve silent with woes,
wondering at the world,
I wonder if they know she is with them forever in their hearts." There is no need for a comma after 'woes'.

I hope this helped you to some point. Have a great day, keep up the writing!





Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman