z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Cycle of Life: Minecraft Edition

by KateHardy


Text:

Egg Flies

Turtle Egg Breaks

Villager Mumbles

Villager Agrees

Experience Gained

Villager Hurts

Experience Gained

Block Placed

Block Broken

Block Placed

Block Broken

Experience Gained

Villager Hurts

Block Placed

Block Broken

Villager Dies

Beacon Hums

Beacon Activates

Beacon Deactivates

Egg Flies


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 269
Reviews: 1

Donate
Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:44 am
WhiteCyanide wrote a review...



This is a very cool concept that I would've never thought of! The text, if revised, could make a story very interesting. The villager getting hurt and dying could be a very interesting plot point. The villagers communicating could be them about to execute the villager that dies later on in the poem. The beacon could be a device used to dispose of the villagers body afterwards. Anyways didn't mean to write a story that I might use just with some changes, but nice poem either way.




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 39
Reviews: 28

Donate
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:15 am
View Likes
averyismediocre wrote a review...



Hello!! Just stopping in for a quick review. I think the concept of this is super cool. I love thinking about how poetry is everywhere: even in places you don’t expect like Minecraft. Honestly if you really want to get aggressively deep, you could find so much meaning in any one these everyday subtitles. As for the poem itself, I really liked what you did there creating a narrative with these little phrasing and making it feel like I’m witnessing the cycle of someone’s life through the eyes of almost like an omniscient being. The experienced gained subtitle added a really nice touch, and I liked the repetition at the end with egg flies to show how the cycle continues and never ends. You could easily read this poem in a loop forever in this sense. I thought it was interesting how experience was mostly gained through pain as well. It really says something about the human experience. Anyway, sorry to overanalyze your poem, but I really liked this concept. I hope to see more from you in the future!

-Avery <3
P.S. Sorry in advance if there’s any weird percent signs and stuff in my review. I’m on my phone and website glitches weird with that lol.




KateHardy says...


Thank youu for the review!!




The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy