Papyrus's Spaghetti (An Undertale Parody)

by zaminami

-AUTHOR'S NOTE START-

I don't believe this contains really any spoilers from Undertale but you'll be very confused as who the characters are if you have no idea what Undertale is. So don't look at this before you know what Undertale is. Then go to your computer and download it and play it. It only takes 6 hours to play straight through if you play it right. As soon as you're done with that, come here.

Also, this is a parody of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Hopefully you know the song. It's the one where they get all drunk and cheer Gaston up because Gaston's mad that Belle said the word "no" to him. Yes, that one. Still don't know it? Go to your TV, download Beauty and the Beast (either version) and watch it. Right now. Ignore the link :3

Also, this is at the very start of the song. Which means there's dialogue. READ THE DIALOGUE. It really helps you understand what's going on.

This is meant to be silly. Nothing serious. This isn't "Stronger Than You" or anything like that. It's designed to make you laugh and stuff. Also, can you tell me if you think this'll become a hit in the Undertale community?

Finally- even though I haven't as of yet- I'm going to make an animation for this. So keep your eyes and eye sockets peeled for a possible animation link on my wall. Complete with probably terrible dub.

So yeah.--

Kara

-AUTHOR'S NOTE END-

-DIALOGUE START-

Papyrus: Who does she think she is? That fish has taken upon the wrong skeleton! No one says "Ew" to my spaghetti!

Sans: If I had a penne every time I heard that word...

P: Dismissed! Rejected! That's more than my poor spaghetti can bear! Nyoh ho hooooo!

S: Feel better?

P: Nothing helps. My spaghetti's disgraced!

S: What, that? Never! Papyrus, you've gotta pull yourself together!

-DIALOGUE END-

Sans: Gosh it hurts me to see you like this bro, looking so down in the dumps.

Every monster here wants to be you Papy, even when taking your lumps.

There's no monster in town as admired as you, you're everyone's favorite guy.

But they are disgusted by one thing about you, and it's not very hard to see WHYYYY!

Papyrus: WHAT?!

S: You make

Disgusting sauce

And disgusting cheese,

And your noodles make monsters pass out from the smell!

P: No it doesn't!

S: There's no monster that can deny the fact,

That your noodles make people pasta-way!

You could ask any monster or human,

and they'll tell you that your pasta killed Gaster!

P: I don't know who that is!

S: So, I

Burned all your sauce

And I burned all your cheese

And I threw your noodles in the lit fireplace!

P: Sans as your brother I say stop this nonsense!

S: Now they are all ashes!

**everyone throws plates in the trash (clink clink clink clink!)

-

All: High hurrah hooray hooris!

That skeleton's spaghetti sucks and we all know it!

So, we'll,

Throw away the ashes

They'll be in Waterfall

We'll throw it in the big, deep dark trash abyss!

Undyne: Oh there's no one so bad at cooking!

P: Well I'm certainly much better than you!

A: OOOOOOOOH!

S: Not a bite is good eating or yummy!

P: **eh hem** Every inch of it's an artisans' piece!

S: And, if,

P: **sighs**

S: You even attempt to get any more

You will find the ingredients suffering the same fate!

Frisk: Let's all praise Sans for his heroics!

S: Each day I wake up and eat 5 dozen plates, in the morning to make my bro pleased!

A: Ewww...

S: But when he's out of sight I puke 10 dozen times! Though I don't know how I do cause I have no GUTTTTS!

-

A: Oh, we,

Hate Pap's noodles,

And we hate Pap's pasta,

And we're proud to say it: Hoorah! Hoorah!

-

P: I'm very upset at your misbehavior!

F: Sorry, Papy,

A: NO MORE SPAGHETTI!

Key:

F= Frisk te hooman

A= All

U= Undyne

P= Papyrus

S= Sans the Skelecomic

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:36 pm
Soren says...

This is genius!!!!

Casanova wrote a review...

Hey, DemonGoddess! GooseLuck here to do a review for you! Let's take flight, shall we?

I promised to do a complete portfolio review for you, and I will fulfill that. Sadly, I don't know what Undertale is, so this will be completely irrelevant to you, I suppose.

The first thing is I know it's two people talking, but that's all I'm getting out of this. i don't feel any rhythm, I don't get a sense of flow. It's just like two people talking and I don't particularly enjoy that. I would suggest it's the phrasing, but I could be wrong and it could just be me who senses that. Anyway, onward.

I do have to admit, though, this is pretty funny without even knowing who the characters are, so that's a bonus.

The next thing I'd have to say is you capitalize every beginning word, and you don't have to do that. Find a pattern you like or you can keep it this way, it's up to you.

As for content, it's decent enough, but again I keep reading it as a story instead of a song and that gets me.

I think that's all I have to say on this one, and I hope it helped.

Keep on doing what you're doing and keep on keeping on.

Sincerely, GooseLuck!

zaminami says...

Yeah, Undertale is a game that I really like :D

I'm pretty sure I put a link up there for the song that I made the parody to :) if you can access YouTube you can listen to it, and then the parody will make a lot more sense XD

Thanks for the review, though! --

Kara

DragonNoir wrote a review...

hOi! dRaGoNnOiR here for a review!

I must say, this is quite a good parody! Although, if you had a specific link to a karaoke video or something like that, it would've probably made it easier for the reader to interpret the parody like you. About the whole "DIALOGUE START" and "DIALOGUE END" thing, I think you could have just added in parenthesis that they are speaking. The information used in this piece is used effectively and the parody is very much on the same level as the original.

If you were to improve on something... I'd say you could maybe try composing your own music? You could upload it onto SoundCloud, put the lyrics up on here and put a link to the track. Of course, that's only a suggestion.

Overall, I'd say this is a great parody, and you could try to improve by making this into an original song.
I hope my review helped! :)

zaminami says...

I am actually working on creating some music backup to it. I made it a parody on purpose (I'm too lazy to make my own tune XD) but I am making a background track. I put the Dialogue Start thing to make it more Undertale-ish, but otherwise thanks for the review!

37Anatassia73 says...

That's a really good parady

zaminami says...

Thank you :)

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 am
sheysse wrote a review...

Hey Kara! Shey here for a review!
(Good Lord I haven't reviewed in forever, and you asking is gonna get me back into it, a long needed motivation. Thanks ;) Seeing the review interface fills me with DETERMINATION.)

OKAY SO. I'm gonna be completely honest... I haven't heard this song. I don't have the interest levels to buy the movie (not a fan of Disney), so I listened to the song. I'm not familiar enough with it to be able to really read with a beat similar to the song, though.

On the other hand, I still found this funny, and quite enjoyable. I can easily say you have a grasp on the characters and what they would say in response to this song, but if I was being picky, Papy is perfect. Sans is pretty good, and Undyne is just okay. Really, though, I wouldn't worry much on that.

Formatting. I'd suggest emboldening the initial before the line, just to help distinguish between who is speaking. And, I would also put Papy's lines in italics for lols. Maybe also out Frisk te Hooman on the left, since Papy should have the entire right hand side.

Other than that, I got nothing. I look forward to seeing this animation! What software are you using? Just curious. ;)

Overall, awesome job! Keep up the great work!

~Shey~

zaminami says...

I'm using FrameCast ((because I can't figure out how to work MMD lol))

sheysse says...

Ohhhhhh, good luck!

zaminami says...

Also here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0

It's a link to the song. You'll probably recognize it.... it's one of the song BatB is famous for :)

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

sheysse says...

I get how this parody works now.

zaminami says...

Yeah.... I made Sans only a little drunk.

And YOURE MULTIPLYING AGAIN

sheysse says...

How-
What-
Wait-
Huh?
I swear I hit submit only once

zaminami says...

You're multiplying!!

Moo.
— Cow