z

Young Writers Society


12+

Where?

by wakarimasen


Where have the good people gone?
Have they joined the flowers?
What will be the future now?
Am I truly alone?

Where has all the justice gone?
Does anyone even care?
Whatever happened to the guts
To speak up if you dare?

Where were they when IT happened?
Did they even hear?
I know they looked the other way
But my cries - did they reach their ears?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
305 Reviews


Points: 431
Reviews: 305

Donate
Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 pm
View Likes
speakerskat wrote a review...



Hey there Kat here to review for you and Team WHY? on this epic review day

So this was a nice and short poem . I kind of wish that every single line ended in a question mark but that's okay because it didn't distract from your poem at all :) my favorite part had to be the first two lines because if made me think of the people dying and becoming one with the earth .

This poem does leave me wondering, what was IT ? The apocalypse ? That's what feels like . the last two lines in the middle stanza seem kind of forced . Instead of if you dare what about what you dare or or to speak up for what you believe in ? (okay what you dare was a really bad example sorry ).

Wrapping this review up, the last line was awesome ! It really tied in with the first stanza especially for me with the death thing and how tragic it all is. I would make it a little longer and explain more what is happening. Maybe use some literary devices and zesty adjectives . But the question thing really helped with your flow, nicely done.

~Kat




Random avatar

Points: 287
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed May 20, 2015 11:25 pm
View Likes
afulcher wrote a review...



Honeybadger23, your poem is quite interesting. In the first two lines I got the sense that you were referencing death. Just as flowers shrivel and die so too do good people. That's how I took that first stanza. The second stanza corresponds well to the first, detailing the result of a lack of "good" people. I took it to signify a decrease in the quality of people with coming generations while the third stanza seems to illustrate a breakdown of human compassion for one another. Your poem is very powerful and sweet. :)


Sarah




User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Wed May 20, 2015 10:25 pm
View Likes
Eros wrote a review...



Hey Honeybadger!

This is Eros here!

I am greatly moved by your poem.Its a realistic poem.Its basic theme is very beautiful.I loved that.It has a rhyming scheme too.Its very rare to see rhyming scheme these days.It is really very unique and a sweet little poem which hs won my heart.

You very your very own unique style of writting.You are a creative artist.

We all love your poems and we want you to write more sweet little poems like this one.




User avatar
498 Reviews


Points: 5966
Reviews: 498

Donate
Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 pm
View Likes
Que wrote a review...



Hi Badger,
Very nice poem you have here!
I don't see any issues with grammar or spelling, so you're good there. I like the theme of wondering if there is still any good left in the world. (Loved the Sam quote, by the way!)
The only thing I think that could be improved a bit is rhythm. Just try to read it aloud a bit and see how you want things. Also, that last line was a bit bulky which is a bit unfortunate after the scene you set earlier. Can you perhaps shorten it or make it more dramatic or stick out? It's a good ending, but I think it could be a little more definitive.
Anyway, I think it was great, and hope to read more of yours! :D


-Falco




Eros says...


Wow!It was a wonderful review.



wakarimasen says...


Thank for the feedback! I'll try reading the poem aloud and see what I can come up with. :)




Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket