z

Young Writers Society



...

by QuoolQuo


...


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
127 Reviews


Points: 2600
Reviews: 127

Donate
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 pm
mythh wrote a review...



A simple and inspiring poem. None of the attributes being less than the other.

A good and well chosen situation to express your views on through a poem. A good use of day-to-day examples and an even better use of realism. You have made this poem as realistic and relatable as you could. As far as I can say, there is not much improvement to be done here. But I noticed that you informed the readers of what Woolies and Coles are. This was very good of you as you haven't caused the reader any inconvenience during their quiet read. Please keep writing about such struggles. It is poets like you that will be the informants of our time. Good job!

Keep writing :)




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:00 pm
niteowl says...



Not a review but yep, this is happening in the US as well. I went to the grocery store yesterday and the bread and toilet paper aisles were completely gone. A lot of other stuff was picked over. Thankfully I panic-shopped a few weeks ago when I read it was a good idea to stock up, so I got toilet paper and a lot of other non perishables then. I mainly went for more yogurt, peanut butter, and some sauce for all the pasta I panic bought on the last trip (pasta is also pretty depleted now). Oh and junk food because I tend to go through that too fast.




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 5808
Reviews: 48

Donate
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:37 am
View Likes
AndName wrote a review...



Hi!

This is really relatable because where I live there's also not a roll of toilet paper to be seen. In any store, it's ridiculous.

The first 4 lines of this rhyme wonderfully, but the 4 middle lines between it and the last 4 is a bit strange. Unlike the others, it doesn't follow the same pattern, and sort of trips up the flow.

While 'flood' and 'shoved' kinda go together because of the o sounds, 'really' and 'sea' don't have the same sounds. In particular the 'really' stands out though that might just be because of the exclamation point.

I really like how relatable this poem is! I really thinking people are overreacting about a lot of things concerning the virus, especially the world wide TP outage lol. Great poem!


AndName




User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 68

Donate
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:44 am
View Likes
BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...



Hi@HGsomeone. Honestly, I had no idea about this. Aisle of toilet paper are empty in Australia!
This is something shocking and which needs to be addressed.

Talking about your piece of work: It is short , simple and well written. I just like the last line.
Actually what a way to start the decade! I love how you have used satire in your poem in lines like: 'There is food to fill people's bellies, but no toilet paper roll to be seen' and of course last line full of satire.

I can actually feel you and people of Australia as I read this poem. I hope everything wraps up soon : "Toilet paper gate" and "COVID- 19"
I liked your work and would love to read more of it.
Keep writing!
From: Bhavya




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate

User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 169
Reviews: 44

Donate
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:33 pm
View Likes
IamI says...



Ha! I live in America and I know the feeling, people are crazy. might review this later.





See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451