12+

Seventh Crown III

by Elijah, AutoPilot, fandomsNmusic

Do not read if you had not read the previous parts.

Seventh Crown III

~

Her heels could be heard from miles away, so the general was ready to bow in front of her Majesty, when he heard the door opening. She looked up to him, knowing that he is one of the tallest men she had ever seen. A gentle smile settled into his face as he gave a slight bow.

"You need not, you're not a slave."

"But I am still under your command and rule, highness." The general's deep voice was always making her feel like he is a relative or twin of the man she always thinks of. That was weird, she knew that but still made her kind of happy and sad at the same time. For someone like him to be bowing in front of her? The man she knew would never bow in front of her, even if his life was depending on this movement. But still she was seeing a man, looking for all the world like him, bowing in front of her.

"No need to bow." She repeated, while kind of feeling happy to see the general still alive and breathing after the news she had heard yesterday. The war was horrible, and soon it was going to reach their lands. She was a Queen of three kingdoms and she had no time to travel to the other two to give commands. Because of this the generals were the ones to do it for her, by her command.

"Thank you for accepting my request for help. Did you send the letter to the general of the North army for me on time? I feel like that is where the war has done its worst. We need to send men to the north or we are going to lose one legendary army." The general did not know what to say, he only thought of a solution, capable to solve the many problems that were weighing down the Queen's shoulders.

"I will do my best to help this army, even if it is not under my command. In this war, we need to help each other with all we have. If we don't, we may not survive this. The letter you had given to me was sent to the North region, please worry not. We are waiting for a reply from the general of the North army, and I hope we have it in our hands as soon as possible. We have no time because the enemy is fast and travels through air. We can only fight on the hard ground, so we are on a loss in this point. We need permission to use the dragons locked in our cages in the dungeons, but the Goverment of the Four does not accept this. "

"They think I am using them. We were never in a good relationship so this is going to end badly. There is no other way to make this challenge even remotely fair. I will go talk with them, even though I know this is no good. I have nothing else to do than go and do this job by myself. Even the generals are not allowed in their lands, which is still sounding quite odd. After all, the generals had created that orden."

"The orden? As in, the Black Orden on the mountain's top?" The general asked, thinking it was a simple question in need of no answer.

"This mountain was known to be cursed. I had not seen any person coming back from it, at least alive and with all his parts on point. Well, as a Queen, I can not feel fear, only because there are many curses and rumours. I am going to investigate this Orden, and I will do it tonight. I have no time to spare. "

The general had nothing to say. He was just staring at the Queen, and noticing how he was drowning into her beautiful eyes. He knew she was a woman that could make every man die for her, but she still did not use her powers over them to win them on her side. She was not using tricks or magical powers, she only tried her best as a normal person could try. Even if she was trying to be normal, many men had died in her arms while trying to take her as their own woman. This had made her stop thinking about marriage, or even someone to love. Even if she could not stop asking herself the same question:

Why do I still think about him?

She shook her head a bit, then realized what was happening again. While thinking of him, she was always falling into some kind of a trance she could not escape from.

"Thank you, general, you may go now." She watched him as he left, still unable to take her thoughts off of him. He was always here in front of her and yet somehow still out of her reach. She wished there was a way to explain herself to him without saying anything. As he left the room, she deeply sighed, still trying to collect her thoughts, but once again failed. She thought about the way he looked when she had first seen him by the apple tree, his bright eyes and shameless expression as he asked for the apple. This was always the scene that she returned to when she was alone. She remembered the way his hair had looked - every piece of it - and how he had walked away, almost swaggering, after he had told her to put some clothes on.

Again, she tried to clear her thoughts, but it was of no use. She felt her consciousnes slipping away little by little and knew that soon enough she would be oblivious to everything around her, only thinking of him. How he was when he was a boy and how he acted now. There once was a time when he had a twinkle in his redish eyes, but now they were almost always downcast - trying desperately not to meet hers. She made up her mind. She was going to say something to him. At least let him know what she was struggling with. Surely he was still in the palace somewhere, she would seek him out before he left so he would have time to react.

-to be continued-

Sat May 07, 2016 10:02 am
Sujana wrote a review...

Alright. Since we've talked about it, I've already warned you about my ignorance towards how the author feels--I'll try to deliver my points politely, but inevitably they will carry my meaning and my meaning isn't necessarily a hundred percent positive.

Right now, I have two major gripes with how this story is being executed:

1) As far as I can tell, I'm supposed to believe that the Queen is, at the very least, a cold leader with good intentions. I am instead seeing a boy crazy eighteen-year-old girl who is constantly thinking about her childhood crush who we have not seen in two chapters. As of now, she has not proven her worth, she has not given off the impression of a callous leader (proof: she's politely dismissed two people from bowing to her, and treating them with respect, even though, to quote the first part: "She had soon began making less ethnically good choices, and more decisions that hurt people but benefitted her queendom."). I'm starting to think that she really should be replaced with someone more competent to be queen. "But Ellstar," you may cry, "Not all queens have to be emotionless and cold." Yes, but if the reader read in the first chapter that cold and unethical is how the characters around her think she is, the writer must give the audience evidence to that fact, otherwise it'll be useless. I've already reiterated this point many times, and I know we're both getting sick of it. I don't know how the next few chapters will go along, but right now while I am hoping the situation will improve, I doubt it will.

2) The language sounds like it's coming from the mouth of a teenager in the 2000s who can only be considered a good orator when compared to their colleagues. It would fit in some situations, but in the medieval setting (and I'm calling this fantasy, now, regardless of what you say--you cannot argue with the dragons) it just doesn't connect. When the narrator says -"That was weird, she knew that but still made her kind of happy and sad at the same time." 'kind of' and 'weird' are more associated with modern day language than medieval language. It makes the audience think twice, it breaks the suspension of disbelief. And I suppose I could forgive it, if the language wasn't so plain, but it is. It's all very straightforward and lacks complexity, which takes away from the dramatic tone of the story.

Those are my two main gripes with the story so far. So far, I suppose I do like the war going on and how it's being developed, and the worldbuilding looks very professional, but those are background pieces. If the main pieces aren't functional, the background pieces won't help its cause.

Okay, so now that I'm done with my little rant that has probably made the author rip their hair out of their heads, lets move onto the highlights:

-""But I am still under your command and ruler, highness."" I think you might've meant 'your command and rule, your Highness.'

-"We were never in good relationship so this is going to end badly." I think you might've meant 'in a good relationship'.

-"I will go talk with them, even though I know this is no good." I think 'Even though I know it will do us no good' would sound better in this situation.

-"noticing how he was drowning into her pretty eyes." This is what I was talking about when I said plain language. See, 'pretty' isn't a strong adjective. 'Beautiful' is a bit more solid, but still overused. 'Noticing how he was drowning in her cerulean/emerald/amethyst/whatever gemstone eyes' is sort of cliched, but its still more powerful than 'pretty'. Personally, I would describe her eyes with something that is associated with her (ie ice or winter, since she's supposed to be callous, or broken glass, since her view of reality is broken), but literally any other description is better than the plainness of 'pretty'. I have nothing against plain words. I have something against plain words being used to describe things that are supposed to be dramatically more beautiful than just 'pretty'.

-"While thinking for him" 'Thinking of him' is probably what you meant there.

-"She felt her conscious slipping away" 'Consciousness' is also probably what you meant there.

I apologize if I was a little harsh in this review. In my defense, I feel like you can take it since you are usually a better writer and will understand the criticism, so I only implore you to take a glass of lemon tea and enjoy the whispers of nature. My criticism isn't the only voice out there. You don't have to listen to it, but it might prove helpful in certain situations.

Signing out,

--EM.

felistia wrote a review...

Hello GreatKing, Felistia here with a review for you on this wonderful review day.
This is going to be a short review since your chapter was a bit shorted than the last one.

Story plot: You are really building the plot of the story well and it is starting to become quite exciting. You gave a whole lot of information on the war and a bit of world information such as the fact that they have dragons. I hope to find out more about the war which I'm sure I will as the story progresses. I am also curious as to who is attacking and whether it is just the dragons or some one controlling the dragons?

Characters: You expanded upon the queen again in this chapter and had her decide what to do about her going on day dreaming problem. I'm interested as to how that is going to go and how the thief is going to react (you really need to give him a name. :D). There is still the matter of who he is going to attack and why. I look forward to seeing that too.

Description: The description is still as great as always, but since this chapter was bit short, I felt that there wasn't as much of it as last time. Though I don't think there's room for more of it in this chapter.

Grammar and punctuation:

The man she knew would never bow in front of her,
I think you mean to say him instead of her. :D

If we dont, we may not survive this
You just missed the comma in don't. :D

We have no time because the enemy is fast and travels through air.
This is just my opinion, but I think you should change the because to for.

Overall it was a great chapter and I will read the next one soon. Never stop writing and I hope you have a great day\night. :D
Your friend, Felistia. :D

P.s Happy review day. :D

Elijah says...

It is is her not him there. Thanks.

Eros wrote a review...

Heya again!

This chapter kept the mystery of his hiding. The Queen had a hard time struggling to stop thinking of him. Everyting is described gradually, and nicely.

Some nit-picky things though...

The man she knew would never bow in front of her, evenif his life was depending on this movement.

Put the space between even if.

The general did not know what to say, he only thought of a solution, capable to solve the many problems that were weighing down the Queen's shouders.

put the missing 'l' in shoulders.
Rest, everything was cool. Everything described beautifully.
Keep up the good work! :D

~Eros

Elijah says...

Thanks you very much.

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro