z

Young Writers Society


12+

Seventh Crown IV

by Elijah, AutoPilot


Do not read if you had not read the previous parts.

Seventh Crown IV

~

She gathered her thoughts for an attempt at looking sane as she poured out her heart, and set off to find her loyal dog. She walked swiftly through the hallways, not jogging, but not walking. She looked around each corner as she walked through the palace. She walked out into her gardens, the heat hitting her immediately. She disregarded how hot it was and tried to identify if any of the men milling around were Cage. It didn't take long for her to find him, diving into her private fountain, shirtless. What was he doing in her fountain? Cage climbed out of the fountain with another man in tow. Before she jumped to conclusions, she figured out that she could ask about what was happening first.

"What's going on?" She demanded. Cage nearly tripped when he saw the Queen, and immediately felt embarassed at his lack of shirt.

"Im sorry, my Queen, a man fell into the fountain and didn't know how to swim. I was only trying to help." Cage, as usual, was avoiding any eye contact.

"There is no need to apologize. You've just saved a man's life! I should be thanking you."

Cage glanced up in surprise for just a second, "My lady?"

"I said I should be thanking you."

Cage looked back to the ground again, blushing noticably, "Oh, you're... welcome?" The man he had rescued from the fountain coughed, spitting out water, and sat up.

The Queen glanced at the man and then back to Cage, "Well, I should leave you so you can help this man. Thank you for helping him." She dipped her head slightly at Cage and turned to walk back to the castle, her heart sinking slowly. To her surprise, Cage spoke up, "My lady, wait!"

She hesitated before turning to Cage, "Yes?"

"Where are you going?" He had a certain look on his face. Was that concern she saw? Cage rarely let emotion show.

"J-just back to my room, why?" The question she wanted to know the answer to was why she was so nervous. She talked to Cage all of the time, there was no reason to be stuttering now. She needed to pull herself together.

Cage looked down, once again, "No reason, Lady."

"Okay." Queen Rebecca felt something she hadn't felt in a long time: Satisfaction. Sometimes she felt satisfied with the way army matters were handled, or the way a certain meal was prepared, but this was much different. For once she was genuinely happy with her life. She felt inspired. She made her way back to her bedroom and settled the door closed, she rested against it and closed her eyes. From now on she would practice redirecting her thoughts. She needed something that would ground her thoughts to the real world instead of the past. She concentrated on the feel of the door, the temperature of the air, the sounds of people bustling around in the hallways. Were those hesitant footsteps getting closer? All of the sudden the footsteps stopped. Then there was a knock on her door. Perfect. A conversation with someone would stop her from the need to think. She turned around and opened the door, "Yes? " She asked, before looking at the man standing in front of her. She had been sure it was no one who she wanted to talk with, but her facial expression changed fast when she met his sharp dark eyes.

"I am sorry. I just wanted to come and talk to you. " His voice still sounded as cold as every other day, but there was something different about the way he looked at her. His eyes usually prefered to look at the ground than her pretty eyes. But right now; he was making hesitant eye contact.

"Is everything okay?" She tried to stay calm so that she wouldnt show how nervous she was at the moment. Having him in front of her could only make her feel even worse and more uncomfortable. It was hot, but suddenly It became even hotter, because of the sharp sudden glances he was giving her.

Do not look at me like this, please!

She turned away and looked up to the ceiling. It was decorated with beautiful flowers that had been drawn by hand. She softly smiled and that made her remember who had drawn them.

Cage was not going to admit it, but he was the one who did it to surprise her one day. It was such a cute present. Something she could not buy, the feelings of happiness, holding his warm hand and smiling like an idiot. She was happy, being silly with him. She knew that she could not feel that warm hand anymore. He was not going to hold her hand again. Her hand will stay as cold as his voice. "Cage.." She whispered his name, not knowing why she even did it.

Cage didn't answer. He only continued to glance up at her every few seconds, not having the courage to respond to her. He wanted desperately to say something, anything, just to let her know he heard her, but he couldn't get himself to speak. He managed to get his arm to move. He reached out and tucked a stray hair behind her ear and smiled softly. He let his hand stay put for a second, just slightly brushing against her face, then started to pull back. Rebecca caught his hand in midair, and held onto it for a few moments then let it go again.

For a minute, they stood there staring at each other, not moving. Looking at each others' faces, examining each other. Then they heard footsteps walking through the hallways and straightened out of habit. Rebecca looked around for a second, weighed the chances in her mind, and pulled Cage into her room. He looked down to her and did not change the way he was gazing at her; that cold calculating stare that she did not dislike all that much. But the intensity of it was still making her body shudder. He had nothing to say, instead he put his hand on the door against his back and locked the door, taking the key in his hand while she tried not to stare back at him.The voices of busy maids and generals could be heard, but he ignored that sounds. It was silent, and neither of them spoke out.

The silence was killing her. "Ah, well. " She looked down to the ground all in white and bit her lip, considering the situation. What situation was that? For the first time he was the one to make the first step, shuffling closer to her. His hand slowly reached out to touch her pretty face.

"This war is separating us even more, and I know you will be leaving these lands soon, to help this kingdom's people; even if some of them do not deserve this kindness of yours, my Queen. "

"I am still the Queen! I have to do what I can to help my people, even those who may not deserve it. And even if this is a risky task, it is still one I must perform. My father would never let me travel to these mysterious lands alone. I know I am asking for a lot; but I want you to come with me to the Orden, so that father will let me travel. I think you know him enough to to agree when I say he is pretty strict. He just wants me to be safe, even if it is just too much sometimes. He will let me go, if I have you with me. He likes you, and he likes only you, to be honest. So? " She stopped talking. Seriously, she yelled at herself in her mind, she had talked so much. She hadn't even given him a chance to answer her. She was so nervous,that she could not stop talking, but now she was only biting her lips and looking around, trying her best to not let her eyes fell over him.

"Well, " He started talking slowly. "He may let us go, if we are together. Can't we just go and ask him now? "

"Ah, yes, of course. Let's go, before he goes somewhere. He loves to run away from his job, and from the palace in general." She sighed, feeling like she is talking about a small child. Still, she took his hand and pulled him to the door, turning the knob before she remembered it was locked.

"Oh, sorry." Cage turned to the door and unlocked it, handing her the key. Rebecca slipped the key into her pocket, looking into Cages eyes still. Cage took a step closer to her. She could feel her heart racing, and his cold breath down her neck. She froze, but soon understood, that this was the only chance she had. To be closer to him, at least once in her life. Their noses slightly touche each other and for the first time, she saw a beautiful, wide smile on his face. It made her feel happy, which she thought she will not feel because of all the bad matters they were talking about earlier. She made one stop closer and their lips finally met. Even if she had heels on, she was too short to reach him, so he grabbed her waist to lift her up on the tip of her toes. A soft gasp came out of her mouth, she felt embarrassed about the sounds she was letting him hear. She closed her eyes tightly, she did not want to meet his dark eyes, it would make her melt. The gentle kiss did not last long, but it was enough for her to feel the warmth of his lips over hers. She put her fingertips to her lips and looked up to him. He did not look nervous or shy about what had happened just now, as it was normal for him, even if it was the first time they had done it. He softly kissed her forehead and opened the door. He said nothing as he walked out of the room. On the way to the Queen's father's room, he stopped and smiled softly.

What am I even doing? He thought while smiling and touching his lips, If we get caught, I will be killed and she will be disgraced. And yet, I cannot stop myself no matter how much I know I need to. He laughed, knowing that if anyone heard him he would be thought of as a madman. He wondered exactly what the Queen really thought about him.

~

Meanwhile the Queen was having similair thoughts about Cage, Does he really care for me that much? But then, he cannot, we cannot. If we were to be found out, he would most likely be exacuted, and it might slaughter my reputation. She sighed with sadness. Why must the world be so cruel towards love? And why can't the general be as sexy as Cage. But that is how the world is. She suddenly had a horrible thought, she ran in the direction Cage had continued to walk. She chased him down and grabbed his arm before she had slown down, causing him to stumble and fall over, dragging her with him. "Cage! Did any of the staff see you come into my rooms with me?!"

"Of course not." Cage replied, loftily, "I'm not that dumb." he added with a smirk.

"Are you sure?" She asked, near panic, "Because we could be ruined."

Cage donned a more serious look, "I know. That is exactly why I was careful."

They continued on towards her father's rooms, neither of them speaking.

-to be continued-


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
216 Reviews


Points: 93
Reviews: 216

Donate
Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 pm
View Likes
DivergentDemigod wrote a review...



hey king buttitoand Rae!

woohoo guys! this was awwwweeeesssssoooommmmeeee!

i had butterflies in my stomach while reading this! you couldnt have done it better!

actually there aint anything to criticize, but i wanted it to be out of the green room so i'll just babble around untill it gets long enough to be counted as a review XD

if i were to ever enter this part of the story... i would have been like " get together already both of you' i kow i'm glad too i'm not a part of it lol

but anyway good work guys!

(the one and only)
~phangirl




User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 am
Eros wrote a review...



Heya!

Eros here again to comment on this beautiful piece.

Hmm... So, now I have a clear idea as to what the " Cage " in the picture of the first chapter was. You have created a good, detailed image of Cage's persona here. I like the choice of words you have used. The plot is set good, and I like this chapter.

I like how the story is continuing. I like it's flow. Gotta read something new and unique.

Waiting for the next part.
Bye.




Elijah says...


We will have many parts posted today. Thanks!



Eros says...


I will be glad to read all of them xD



Elijah says...


XD you are fast reading them



Eros says...


Thank you. I am fast in writing too. I have published chapter 8 and 9 too. Please will you have a look at them?



Elijah says...


Of course, give me a moment.




I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara