z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

She was the Sun, He was the Moon

by GengarIsBestBoy


She was the sun.

He was the moon.

She was a flaming ball of bitterness and spite,

Like an ancient god angered by a foolish mortal.

She blinded all in her path, with no care for the burns she left.

She was devastating.

He was silent and intuitive,

Like an Ivy-League scholar studying away in the night.

He was a glowing orb of hope in the darkness.

He was optimistic.

She was oh-so lonely…

…until the moon entered her orbit.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
120 Reviews


Points: 1100
Reviews: 120

Donate
Stickied -- Fri May 19, 2023 2:44 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...



Uhhh… i dont really know what to say about this. It was just a random idea I had, lol.
Also, although I labeled it as romantic, I think it could work platonically too




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 2591
Reviews: 16

Donate
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:24 am
View Likes
Irishpride13 wrote a review...



this poem gave me the impression of a popular girl meeting a nerdy guy that doesn't rely care about her.

then she changes to try and get his attentions but again he see strait thought it as it was just a act.

she then lasses out and and loose a lot in her tantrum. he helps her at her lowest

they then started hinging out and something Beautiful formed when her real side showed




User avatar
941 Reviews


Points: 126
Reviews: 941

Donate
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:41 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



This reminds me of “The sun proposed to the moon” trend on YouTube. I like it! Most people use the sun as a symbol of joy, but it’s the very thing that burns our skin and dries up plants. I like the reversed roles of the sun and the moon. It seems fitting for the both of them.

I hope that you will have a beautiful and amazing day and night. Goodbye for now.




User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 68
Reviews: 22

Donate
Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:11 pm
View Likes
epotts1 wrote a review...



I absolutely love this poem. I love the way it was set up, with the stanzas on each side. I loved the romance of it. I love the simplicity of it. I love that you described the sun as angry, when usually people associate sunshine with happiness. I also like the whole opposites attract aspect. The Yin and the Yang. Fantastic poem. GREAT JOB!




User avatar
198 Reviews


Points: 14218
Reviews: 198

Donate
Tue May 23, 2023 12:24 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon wrote a review...



Helloooo! This is Ina a.k.a loveissourgrapes, and I am here to review your poem. I was supposed to review this when I saw it, but I was busy that time, so here I am now, hihi. Anyways, let's gooo!

First impressions, I thought it was something related to Greek mythology or something but it reminds me of a couple who have complete opposite personalities. Like the girl has a sweet and sunshine-y personality and the guy was as cold as the moon. The girl was lonely 'til she meet this boy. Not going to lie, that's pretty sweet too. I love how the way each stanza and line are written from the opposite direction.

Pretty good through for a romantic poem. I wished to write like something like this some day. It is good, keep up writing! Have a good day/night everyone!






Thanks 4 the review!



AkuRashomon says...


you're welcome!



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 371
Reviews: 35

Donate
Sat May 20, 2023 9:00 pm
View Likes
Kelisot says...



AS A TAROT PERSON I SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS???

The only interesting part is how the Sun, which represents optimism (or sometimes being overly optimistic, if reversed iirc) is the Moon, while the Sun represents blindness and illusion, which is the Moon (and sometimes unsatisfaction if reversed IIRC). I like the irony added in this as someone who has some knowledge of tarot! I found this interesting :D

~ Kelisot






Hey! Thanks 4 the review! I actually wrote the poem before I had the idea to make the cover from tarot cards, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I made the connection by accident! I'm actually fairy new to tarot, lol



User avatar


Points: 284
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri May 19, 2023 3:08 pm
View Likes
StellaAdaire wrote a review...



Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this! The imagery you used was captivating, and I loved the way that you formatted the poem so that has the feel of a back and forth, a conversation. "Like an Ivy-League scholar studying away in the night" may have been my favorite line, I really enjoyed the way that it captures the gentle feeling of the moon, along with the vague sense of loneliness and eternal striving which the moon can hold. I also love the way that the similes you used for the sun and the moon tie each to such a different point in time and history, with an ancient god set beside such a scholar. Beautiful use of imagery and emotion throughout!






Thanks for the review!




Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain