12+

Felix

by Vex15

Hey, Felix. If you ever read this, well you probably will one day, then this is me speaking to you. I have a lot of things to tell you, and honestly this is the only way I can do it right now. As we get to know each other, you have to understand some things about me. You're always, and I mean always, optimistic and smiling, happy and laughing. I swear, you are like the opposite of me, but that isn't a bad thing. I'm glad for you. I don't mean to bring you down, but here's my confessions. 

1.) I have major depression. Since June 2015 to now..nine months of this. It consumes me each day and lingers at my mind. It's wreaked havoc on my mind and tore my heart apart; it has never been anything but something to fuel my negative emotions with. I don't know if you can relate with yourself or family. If I could only explain to you how much of an illness this is, I would.

2.) I have moderate anxiety. I have anxiety built up into my system, mainly because I care a lot about what others think. The anxiety comes out in school mostly, where I'm around peers. You probably haven't noticed yet, since you've been at our school a few weeks.

3.) I have mild panic attacks. Again, these happen at school. I hope no one notices though. Right now my heart is racing and I'm wondering what you'll think, but I can't stop here. 

4.) I self harm(ed). It hurts. My razor taunts me every time I go to shave for gym two or three days a week. It reminds me of the purposes it has served, in bringing me deserved pain, numb pain to quench my emotional ache. It was a last resort for me when artwork, music, and writing didn't help. I've reached that last resort, sadly. I'm sorry. 

5.) This is the apex of what I'm trying to tell you. You have saved me from killing myself. I don't know how, necessarily, but you did by perhaps being yourself? The past few weeks at school made me dip down deep into my terrifying thoughts, but when you came I pushed it down, I pushed it all down. The weekend we first started texting, I had been ready to give up everything and go die in a black hole. I'm scared of myself and what my mind wants me to do. I have been feeling so worthless and used and stupid and crazy and angry and upset and cried a lot too, recently.  But you saved me, you know. Your texts got my mind off of it and those phone calls we've had relaxed me. You stopped me from holding that razor when I felt like I deserved so much pain. The late night phone calls always had us grinning and laughing, which had me focused on you. I don't want to hurt you with this though. And it brings tears to my eyes and shivers up and down my spine to tell you this. I don't think you'll ever realize how grateful I am to you for this. 

So, Felix...

I'm sorry for this, and I'm sorry you have to wait for WiFi to read it. But this is something I had to get off of my mind because I feel like I'm going to explode right now. I have to go, though. We can text whenever you want to talk.  I'm always here. 

And thank you. A hundred times thank you for reading and listening and knowing this. Don't tell anyone at school, please, please, please. They already think I'm a freak. 

Arcticus wrote a review...

Hey there Catlover211. Here's what I have to say about this-

It sounds like a heartfelt piece and is well written - I don't see any grammatical or other errors that cry out for correction as such. I love the letter-like tone of this work, but I think it is more prose than poetry. Which makes me wonder why you classified it under Poetry (Realistic/General).

It is also rather raw as it is formatted like a long text message, which is why I will overlook the use things like the use of '@' instead of 'at' and the use of ellipses as a paragraph delimiter. I don't think it is necessary because the narrative does not shift after the ellipses but continues, so why the '...' in between?

As a writer, I would also try to depict how the narrator gradually dealt with his/her anxiety, depression and panic attacks - the only thing that's mentioned is how Felix helped him/her recover, I would also throw some light on how the *narrator* recovered as a person, how he/she dealt with himself, how he/she healed. What I mean is that the recovery part only involves Felix, I would also like to see a 'how I helped myself out of it' sort of narrative somewhere in there. You know what I mean?

That's all I had to say. Take care.

Vex15 says...

Thank you for your compliments. I classified it under Poetry mainly because I only write Poetry on here. I was going to make this rhyme, but maybe another time I will. I added the '...' Because if I just hit the enter button, when it's published it won't show up with the space in between to separate the paragrahs. I understand your last paragraph of your review, and I realize you're right. I'll have to add more detail and sensory images and feelings. Thank you and happy writing

DivergentDemigod wrote a review...

Hey catty,
I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you because I don't want to bring all of those things up again. Well right now I'm happy for you. I'm happy that you finally got a 'friend'. I really hope that this guy/gal keeps you out of your problems even if it is for a while. And I know that this new friend of yours will not run away from you.
Hoping for the best,
Fangirl~
P.S.- you are not a freak.
P.S.S-would you like to be friends with me?

Vex15 says...

Thank you, and I'm happy for him too. Happy writing, I'll have to read your work too!!
P.S. I am
P.S.S. yes!! You want to be friends with me?
(My name's Em short for Emily and I'm 14)

I'm Rashi you can call me whatever you want. And I too am 14 ;-) .
P.S.- stop calling yourself a freak:-)

Vex15 says...

Nice to meet you I love your unique name! And I just made changes to my work so you'll probably notice when you scroll up.
P.P.S.S. do you like art and listening to songs (and obviously writing) and cats?

Yep I like everything you mentioned. Especially art and music :-D

Vex15 says...

Whooo!!

Vex15 says...

Sorry everyone who reviews. I know it can tug at your heartstrings. But I had to say this because he'll read it sometime. Have a good night everyone. :(

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality